Herbs lying in the garden ... a micro tornado?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Herbs lying in the garden ... a micro tornado?

by Christophe » 23/06/13, 19:13

Instantly noticed in the garden and never seen before since I have been in this house ... I have crops circle in my garden! : Mrgreen:

Herbs of the herbaceous type (fairly high, 1 m to 1.2 m) are laid in the garden ... in more or less regular disks ...

Explanation: no doubt a micro tornado or venturi effect weather phenomenon ???

Normally there should be this:

But we have this:

Or a wild boar who has come to have fun? (not seen a "path" in the grass) ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 23/06/13, 19:56

Or deer coming for a nap?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/13, 20:06

Yes maybe lol I've never seen it around ... but as I said for the wild boar, no trace of "path" ...

And seen as it blows in gusts at the moment ... I remain on the assumption of the micro tornado ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 23/06/13, 20:15

Already seen in wheat fields, lying areas and around it is intact, but I do not remember if it was more or less circular.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/06/13, 20:33

The deer lay the grass on a diameter corresponding to their size, which excludes this hypothesis ...
It is probably turbulence: during these phenomena, very localized accelerations are observed which can cause major damage.
This is how very often the edge of a forest (compact, it constitutes an obstacle to the wind) is not affected, but what is behind is destroyed.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/13, 21:11

Yes I think the same!
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 23/06/13, 21:32

Ahmed wrote:The deer lay the grass on a diameter corresponding to their size.
Or so many who like each other? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/06/13, 21:38

No! The deer, social animals, lie close to each other, but each on its respective location.
I doubt moreover that they choose tall grass to rest, are places of feeding, unsafe for daytime rest.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/06/13, 22:59

I often saw this kind of thing in the fields, nothing surprising with thunderstorms
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Herbs lying in the garden ... a micro tornado?

by jean.caissepas » 23/06/13, 23:12

Christophe wrote:Instantly noticed in the garden and never seen before since I have been in this house ... I have crops circle in my garden! : Mrgreen:
Or a wild boar who has come to have fun? (not seen a "path" in the grass) ... : Cheesy:

Hi Christopher,
My brother who lives at the top of a hill once saw his laurels of 2,50m completely lying down by a mini tornado which lasted approximately 10s, with the tiles of the house which rose up and which fell back while making " clack-clack-clack ... ". The patio doors had also moved like some sort of earthquake.
And down, no warning sign (thunderstorm, ...), and this has never happened again.

However, being the son of a farmer, I have often seen a heavy rain (+ wind) lay the tall grass as your photos show.
Stormy rains are often swirling, and cover the grass in circles. So nothing extraordinary for me in your photos, even if it is probably more rare in Belgium.

On the other hand, lying grass rots much faster than straight grass, and it is therefore necessary to think of removing it by an econological method (sheep, goats, cows, ...) before decay.
A+
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.

Back to "Science and Technology"