FR2: death game, Milgram experience and authority

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

FR2: death game, Milgram experience and authority

by Christophe » 17/03/10, 22:53

A very interesting docu-debate evening about the authority of TV (mass media) was broadcast this evening on FR2.

http://programmes.france2.fr/jusqu-ou-va-la-tele/

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exp%C3%A9rience_de_Milgram

Very interesting, really ...
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 18/03/10, 08:12

it's a little scary anyway, 80% of potential collaborators: s

finally personal for +2 years I watch TV once every two or three months so ...

they won't have me : Cheesy:

I am a rebel econologist after all : Mrgreen:
0 x
Of all those who have nothing to say, the nicest are those who are silent
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 18/03/10, 08:34

Napo dwarf wrote:it's a little scary anyway, 80% of potential collaborators: s

finally personal for +2 years I watch TV once every two or three months so ...

they won't have me : Cheesy:

I am a rebel econologist after all : Mrgreen:

This kind of "game", already at the start, after learning the principle, I would not even have participated, despite my military past ...
When to "refuse TV" ... you will not have seen the many reports on all subjects, you will not have taken advantage of foreign TVs to maintain or improve your level of understanding of languages ​​(ex: I switch without the slightest difficulty from French to German with an almost equivalent level of comprehension and I am improving English), you will not have nourished your imagination with, for example the excellent series of SF ... Which does not prevent me to read a lot too, all this allows me to have knowledge far superior to my very modest level of studies ...
but hey, everyone has their own thing ...
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 18/03/10, 08:42

no, but when I say "collaborator" it's not really that here, the conditions are by no means met to recover in the conditions of a bad period in our history

moreover the results are a little distorted because like you I will never have been there in this emission

suddenly we are rebels from the start ^^

moreover, we can just observe the influence of a pseudo authority unknown until then and with the support of an unknown public too

and that alone in front of this isolated environment, far from all its benchmarks, far from all support, we bend and do what we are asked

docility in all its splendor :|

no wave ...

no surf ^^
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/03/10, 09:54

Napo dwarf wrote:it's a little scary anyway, 80% of potential collaborators: s

The shortcut is a bit quick and I don't think that 20% of French people were potential resistance fighters (therefore active) ... if?

What is certain, however, is that there has been (a lot) more collaboration than resistance. As much in deeds as in "men".

But I will be careful not to judge one or the other because nobody can say what would have been his personal position in such a situation ...

Our neighbor (84, 16 at the time) was part of a weather network for the RAF. It inspires respect.
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 18/03/10, 11:16

we speak in the comments of "live death"

nothing new. in the 75s, we saw on a fashionable weekly a decapitation in pictures (in Saudi Arabia)
and a two-page article on the subject ..... apart from the fact that this report was not televised, at the time, the idea was already present and existing, only the reporting method is different
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/03/10, 11:28

And I bet that on some Nazi documents you had much worse during the 40s ...it's not because there is (has been) worse than what is happening now is good !!

Especially since I think it's worse today because TV affects a lot more people and potentially "everyone" on a country scale (what the internet does on a global scale) ... and nothing prevents (except the authority of the parents ... hum hum) the 8 year old kid to zap ... on everything and anything.

When you see the quality of certain programs that go as a bonus and even in the afternoon ... frankly ... it's scary. During the debate, they clearly showed the evolution of TV reality in less than 10 years ...

Doing without TV is, I think, not wise but erasing certain keys from the remote control seems to be an obligation ... moral! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 18/03/10, 11:39

Christophe wrote:
Doing without TV is, I think, not wise but erasing certain keys from the remote control seems to be an obligation ... moral! : Mrgreen:

+ 1 ^^
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/03/10, 11:51

Napo dwarf wrote:moreover the results are a little distorted because like you I will never have been there in this emission

suddenly we are rebels from the start ^^

No I think that even if you had wanted to, you would have (like many used to this site) been eliminated by the X questionnaires / selection test.

2500 candidates for 80 "elected" ... it's worse than Medicine! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Besides, none of the candidates had to be a fan of Yves Montand since Milgram's experience appeared for a long time in I like Icarus. : Idea: This had to be the subject of a question ...

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/I..._comme_Icare

During my engineering studies I also heard about it (management course or I don't know what ...).

ps: excellent I just learned the real name of Montand! Ivo Livi 8)
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 18/03/10, 13:11

Doing without TV is, I think, not wise but erasing certain keys from the remote control seems to be an obligation ... moral!

It frees the mind, but it's clear that it disconnects.

It's been 9 months since I have had TV at home and already before I hardly watched it.
The very very rare moments when I see it is with friends.

Assessment, it leaves you a lot of time and above all it calms me. Besides, when I watch it I get annoyed by myself so we don't give a damn about the face of the world with such stupid programs and I don't even talk about ads. There is only sensational to two balls. Everything is based on appearance, when I see the politicians (and others) who twist their asses, and who thinks they are in a theater, when there are huge stakes, I only want is smashing that fucking TV, hoping they'll disappear with it.

But on the other hand, you feel like you belong to another reality. I learned, for example, by the greatest chance (a comment on Facebook) that there was the Olympic Games.
Sometimes people talk to me about "celebrities" of all kinds and there I swim full.
But is it dramatic?
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.

Back to "Science and Technology"