Etienne Klein: "Engineers, frankly, we don't hear them much"

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Etienne Klein: "Engineers, frankly, we don't hear them much"

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 28/04/21, 13:28

izentrop wrote:At 17:46 it's worth the ear ... : Wink:

Indeed, the two interviewees doing exactly what they accuse Raoult of doing. I love this unfair process of isolating what suits them in an interview lasting over an hour in which journalists in charge try to destabilize a scientist who at one point cannot take it any longer and put them in their place. . Seems like Mr. Klein ignores all the SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH, TEST and STUDY work done upstream for months at the IHU. Klein criticizes Raoult for not having done anything when it is quite the opposite. Thank you, Izy, once again for allowing this masquerade to be exposed, one more time. Image

Ps: Izy is so self-conditioned that he has no hindsight and no longer understands anything. Even on the topic of the climate he tackles his pet peeve, that is to say if the guy is reached.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/04/21, 13:39

guy
Seems like Mr. Klein is ignoring all the SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH, TEST and STUDY work done upstream for months at the IHU. Klein criticizes Raoult for not having done anything when it is quite the opposite. Thank you, Izy, once again for allowing this masquerade to be exposed, one more time.
you are sure to have listened to THIS passage. On the contrary, he specifies that he cannot have any scientific opinion on vaccines since he has no competence whatsoever. On the other hand on a personal level, and he specifies it before, everyone has a counter opinion like all of us ... except the funny ones of the counter "zetetique", of course!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 28/04/21, 13:47

(Oh yeah anyway...)
Stephen Klein: "He is a doctor (Raoult) and he did not understand the question put to him, I am not a doctor but I understood it. It's weird ... In fact it is not for such and such doctor to tell us if such or such drug is effective on such or such virus, it is a research protocol which allows to conclude. "
Not a moment does he speak of vaccine (just) after the extract from Raoult's interview.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 28/04/21, 14:36

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Even on the topic of the climate he tackles his pet peeve, that is to say if the guy is reached.

that's a rather normal behavior on the contrary, but that may not be what you meant : Lol:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/04/21, 14:43

guy
(Oh yeah anyway...)
Etienne Klein: "He is a doctor (Raoult) and he did not understand the question put to him, I am not a doctor but I understood it. It's weird ... In fact it is not to such or such doctor to tell us if such or such drug is effective on such or such virus, it is a research protocol which allows to conclude. "
Not a moment does he speak of vaccine (just) after the extract from Raoult's interview.
which video? apparently Klein, like Raoult, are in favor of vaccinations, but not just anything, no matter how! One philosophically, the other biologically. There is not necessarily a connection, but I would like to listen to it!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 28/04/21, 16:23

Janic wrote:guy
(Oh yeah anyway...)
Etienne Klein: "He is a doctor (Raoult) and he did not understand the question put to him, I am not a doctor but I understood it. It's weird ... In fact it is not to such or such doctor to tell us if such or such drug is effective on such or such virus, it is a research protocol which allows to conclude. "
which video? apparently Klein, like Raoult, are in favor of vaccinations, but not just anything, no matter how! One philosophically, the other biologically. There is not necessarily a connection, but I would like to listen to it!

What "which video" ????? Do you follow the conversation or do you repeatedly unlock ???? It was in the (crappy) interview with France-Culture that Zizy posted ... and about which I am talking and to whom I was responding:
izentrop wrote:
At 17:46 it's worth the ear ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/04/21, 17:49

What "which video" ????? Do you follow the conversation or do you repeatedly unlock ???? It was in the (crappy) interview with France-Culture that Zizy posted ... and about which I am talking and to whom I was responding:
A thousand excuses, that's clearer! I did listen to ALL the exchange, which is why it did not appeal to me. Raoult talks about his position as a researcher compared to the media who only do communication, far from research labs. and he tackles the journalist on this precise point It's logical!
Klein, for his part, takes a position not on the professional experience of one or another, but on the fact that scientists and research are two different things and can only be compared on the same bases:the same protocols It's obvious!
The question is: which protocols are these?
Are these protocols adapted to field experiments, based on experience only! NO!
As Klein says, elsewhere, certain protocols can only be enacted AFTER experiments, not before! So there again no contradictions, but different approaches.
Thus, for example, according to the A protocols applied to H, these (unsuitable) decree that H is ineffective, but H who follows another approach is based on experience, experiences..
Finally Klein (and there he crashes,) talks about communication to establish protocols; but what to do when they are irreconcilable. In the end, it is the most numerous who prevail, as throughout history, as if it were a criterion of truth.
It's gloubiboulga!
1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 29/04/21, 17:13

Janic wrote:...
Klein, for his part, takes a position not on the professional experience of one or another, but on the fact that scientists and research are two different things and can only be compared on the same bases:the same protocols It's obvious!

Not very smart to underestimate him. It's "obvious", but I haven't seen anyone say it before him. If it was said, it was not proclaimed loud and clear.
All that remains is to apply the principle, in particular to climatology, which is research when its aficionados try to make us believe that they have mastered a science.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 29/04/21, 18:28

It only remains to apply the principle, in particular to climatology, which is research when its aficionados try to make us believe that they would master a science
well said, but apply it to yourself on Raoult who only does research in a field that he masters, him, not the non-scientific aficionados who dispute it. And Klein severely judges these!
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 10/07/21, 16:17

As part of the 2013 post-public debate consultation on Cigéo, Andra is organizing a citizens' conference on the pilot industrial phase of the project. From May 28 to July 6, 2021, a group of 17 citizens drawn at random meets to produce a collective opinion on the pilot industrial phase of Cigéo.

Sequence devoted to a free discussion on the border between opinions, sciences and knowledge with Etienne Klein, physicist and philosopher of science.
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"