Critical look at zetetics

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A critical look at zetetics

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 07/12/21, 16:11

Was this experiment carried out in front of a bailiff? Double blind? Otherwise, you and your 80% can go play marbles! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 07/12/21, 16:16

humus
on the other hand the testimonials of scientists,
it is better to avoid saying DES or LES concerning specialties, otherwise this implies unanimity total of these, which never happens.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 07/12/21, 16:32

humus wrote:You have not understood. 80% is the success rate for the guy guessing what's in closed envelopes.
In this case it is necessarily rigged. Often an agreement with one or more associates.
In a video we can make you swallow anything, especially in this kind of chain https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-wX8y ... gs_Vy_eBlg
I only looked at the beginning and I immediately understood the genre you like : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 07/12/21, 16:41

izymentrop
In this case it is necessarily rigged. Often an agreement with one or more associates.
everything can be rigged obviously, even in broad daylight, as for the vaccines and cronies like you and the funny ones who want to make believe that their sleight of hand is real. Fortunately, we also have our magicians to show the deceptions.
It just goes to show that the supposed rationales of the pseudo-zetetic remain the most naive, the most credulous, which balances beliefs.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 07/12/21, 16:45

You betrayed Broch, you have become sectarian buffoons, in short, the complete opposite of what Zetetics was for a time and which is only a shadow of itself: a logo, a gimmick for pretentious " who knows better and more than the others because he hides behind the words science and scientist ". You have become crooks in the same way as those that your "creator" denounced in the past.
https://leblogduradis.com/2019/04/01/ze ... -soi-meme/
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 07/12/21, 17:01

humus wrote:You have not understood. 80% is the success rate for the guy guessing what's in closed envelopes.
already if you find it fair, for one, I say hats off! : Lol:

I haven't watched the video, there are some fake magic videos on the internet, but I take your word for it.

So how do you choose to order by increasing or decreasing probability:

* this video is not faked, these powers are real, and either he's the only guy in the world who can do that, or there have been plenty of them since the dawn of time but none have come forward to win a prize which went up to € 200

* these powers do not exist, which explains why no one has ever been able to win the prize of € 200, but of course that does not prevent little comedians or conjurers from putting videos on youtube to screw the gogos .

Which one do you think is probable, improbable, and why?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 07/12/21, 17:03

humus wrote:Just watch the documentary and the testimony scientists.

seriously, do you believe what all the doctors interviewed on bfm tv say? : Shock: : Shock:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 07/12/21, 18:03

ABC2019 wrote:
And if that doesn't produce any, it's just in the realm of belief, manipulation, and misinterpretation of coincidences.
No, it's wrong, that's the specificity of “healers”! From which we do not expect the “repetition” of the experience ...
The HUG take them anyway, as long as they, with their science, can no longer do it.

You're trying to hijack what I said. A classification of the healers to whom they appeal is undoubtedly established if the HUG has seen repetitions of a certain success, that does not necessarily mean that these repetitions were obtained in the same cases of species ...
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 07/12/21, 18:42

as I said, there is a methodology well known in science to attest to the reality of a phenomenon, which is simply to test if what we observe can be simply the fruit of chance, that is to say conforms to the simple laws of probabilities of random phenomena, or else leaves these probabilities which is the mark of a "real" effect. It does not require to understand the effect, for example one demonstrated the radioactivity without knowing at all to what it was due, but its effects were observable.

So my simple question was whether these "paranormal" phenomena were measured by significant deviations, or not;

If so, for me it becomes science, even if we do not know how to explain it, at least it is attested (see radioactivity).

If not, it does not exist or at least, the existence is not proven.

But phenomena which "would exist", but without being proven by statistical tests, for me, it cannot exist.
0 x

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 07/12/21, 18:44

But nobody cares what is or is not "for you", moron! : Cheesy:
1 x

Back to "Science and Technology"