Is capillarity anti-gravity?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Is capillarity anti-gravity?

by GuyGadebois » 01/02/20, 15:20

For once (again) I agree with you, these room fragrances are dangerous just like incense sticks, Armenian paper, Berger lamps and deodorant bombs with their "cavalcade" of perfumes synthetic.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/20, 18:58

izentrop wrote:Still, it’s not super good to breathe it all the time

Certainly but this is not the question of the subject!

Then eh it was in the toilet! : Cheesy:

Then for the bronchi, this kind of perfume is better than a breeze-like thing, right? : Cheesy:

Then it was marked Handcrafted on it : Cheesy:

Then the bottle is almost 3 years old .... (I have another that has ... downright moldy!)

Then...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 01/02/20, 19:30

No matches : Mrgreen:
It's a cocktail from Molotov.
The wick soaked ... You're serious
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/20, 10:11

Ah yes I should talk about it to the yellow vests ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/02/20, 18:20

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:Still, it’s not super good to breathe it all the time
Then eh it was in the toilet! : Cheesy:
It’s true that we don’t put it down long and then the CMV renews the air
Then for the bronchi, this kind of perfume is better than a breeze-like thing, right? : Cheesy:
The worst part is the stuff we burn. : Shock: I had a hard time dissuading my girl from not lighting a match to mask odors, or a stick of incense.
Then it was marked Handcrafted on it : Cheesy:
It lacks organic, paraben, gluten, palm oil ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 02/02/20, 22:05

ABC2019 wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:
Did67 wrote:I don't know who this Didier is, but I'm sure he won't contradict the principles of thermodynamics. : Cheesy:

It is wrong to blindly admit the second law of thermo. Thermo is statistical observation. At the quantum level, nothing says that the second law holds.
https://phys.org/news/2018-12-quantum-m ... tropy.html

nanan, another journalistic distortion (encouraged by scientists who want to create a buzz about their work!). The article says "a device locally violating the second law of thermodynamics", which makes no sense, since the 2nd thermo principle says that the TOTAL entropy of the Universe increases, it cannot be violated " locally ", that doesn't make sense. Of course, entropy can lower locally, no one said the opposite, moreover life itself is a local drop in entropy, but which we know can only exist thanks to a higher increase elsewhere.

Your quantum system, he realizes a version of Maxwell's demon who imagined him capable of "sorting" cold and hot molecules to fzire a temperature difference in a gas. Maxwell saw in it a violation of the 2nd principle but Brillouin showed that it did not violate it because the acquisition of information was in itself an irreversible process which produced entropy, which could be summarized as: "for think, must first start by eating! ", and that the demon had to produce more entropy by acquiring information than what he destroyed by his actions. (Incidentally, few people to my knowledge have noticed that what would violate the 2nd principle is an omniscient god who would act on matter, but without needing physical support for his thought !! - something that I know of is no one has proven the existence : Cheesy: ).

Obviously, when you make an experiment of this kind, the tiny decrease of entropy which you will produce is very largely compensated by all the job (and the release of heat associated !!) that the scientists did to obtain it. The 2nd principle just tells you that this system cannot appear by itself as if by magic without a system that dissipates the entropy around!

The "Maxwell's demon" has become an umbrella term for all devices that would use a principle equivalent to that of Maxwell's thought experiment. If Maxwell's experiment was indeed invalidated as you said, the general principle was not, so the idea remains open. The first principles of physics (conservation of energy, of the momentum ...) do not prohibit it.

We must also see that in practice, we don't care about the increase in the entropy of the universe. For us humans, if we succeed in making a system that locally decreases the entropy by extracting the heat energy from a single ambient thermal bath, even if it increases the entropy much more elsewhere, we will have won the Holy Grail !
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 02/02/20, 22:59

Exnihiloest wrote:We must also see that in practice, we don't care about the increase in the entropy of the universe. For us humans, if we succeed in making a system that locally decreases the entropy by extracting the heat energy from a single ambient thermal bath, even if it increases the entropy much more elsewhere, we will have won the Holy Grail !

uh no it doesn't work like that. The second principle FORBIDDEN to transform a thermal bath into work, that's all. No macroscopic system can do that. For a microscopic system, you can have random thermal fluctuations which seem to temporarily violate the 2nd principle, but if you try to do it statistically on a large number of systems to be macroscopic, the law of large numbers will make that on average you will not can't transform heat from a monothermal source into work, period.

"To increase entropy elsewhere", that means concretely to take heat in a hot source and to give some of it back to a colder source. There is no other solution, and there never will be.
1 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/02/20, 23:18

Exnihiloest wrote: we will have won the Holy Grail!
Given your fantasies of free and infinite energy, I half understand your reluctance to accept that man is responsible for global warming .... Although Eclectron has the same fantasies and admits this responsibility very well.
ABC2019, you are in the same case, if I am not mistaken, despite your great knowledge in quantum mechanics ... Although there is also no correlation, I am thinking in particular of Claude Alegre and many others.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 02/02/20, 23:20

izentrop wrote: despite your great knowledge in quantum mechanics ...

At the same time, having knowledge of something that degun understands, that does not prevent going to pee on waking ...
Why did you erase that, Tryphon?
Copy and paste:
Exnihiloest wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:... it doesn't prevent peeing on waking ...

And not only when I wake up. All over the forum.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 02/02/20, 23:30

izentrop wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote: we will have won the Holy Grail!
Given your fantasies of free and infinite energy, I half understand your reluctance to accept that man is responsible for global warming .... Although Eclectron has the same fantasies and admits this responsibility very well.
ABC2019, you're in the same case, if I'm not mistaken, despite your great knowledge in quantum mechanics ...

the same case as what?
if it is to say that man is at least partly responsible for global warming, no i do not deny it for my part.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)

Back to "Science and Technology"