Brain Functioning: NBIC, Consciousness and Cognitive, Studies, Research, Facts and Mysteries

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Re: Brain, NBIC, Consciousness and Cognition: Facts and Mysteries

by Christophe » 13/05/21, 19:55

Brain: cognitive decline would be reversible!

American researchers have succeeded, in the brains of mice, in reactivating certain cells and restoring cognitive functions that were believed to be lost with aging!

0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/05/21, 20:22

for how long?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

Re: Brain Functioning: NBIC, Consciousness and Cognitive, Studies, Research, Facts and Mysteries

by Christophe » 09/08/21, 20:01

The brain is quantum ... especially in women! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/08/21, 19:24

Christophe wrote:The genes of death?
Post-mortem brain changes strangely peaked around 12 hours after death!

A "peak" of what?
Because you wait ten years, and the change will have been even greater ...

When you see the complexity of a brain (I speak in general, don't get me wrong : Lol: ), and its degradation and rarely reversible damage after brain death, not impossible that a residue of consciousness more or less degraded, as in a dream, occurs during the period when the cells are degrading. This is what makes the few who had the process interrupted before the end and came back from it "life after death".
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Brain Functioning: NBIC, Consciousness and Cognitive, Studies, Research, Facts and Mysteries

by Janic » 10/08/21, 19:33

the absolute fantasy as since the origin of the human: immortality, even temporary!
and there more and more bedridden old people begging for help to die! : Cry:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/08/21, 10:25

Exnihiloest wrote:
Christophe wrote:The genes of death?
Post-mortem brain changes strangely peaked around 12 hours after death!

A "peak" of what?
Because you wait ten years, and the change will have been even greater ...

When you see the complexity of a brain (I speak in general, don't get me wrong : Lol: ), and its degradation and rarely reversible damage after brain death, not impossible that a residue of consciousness more or less degraded, as in a dream, occurs during the period when the cells are degrading. This is what makes the few who had the process interrupted before the end and came back from it "life after death".

I think roughly the same thing and it is not incompatible with a possible "eternal life" ... our life flows on a certain time scale or rather a certain time dimension ...it is enough to leave this temporal dimension to consider eternity!

Psychological time does not exist? Example: dreams ...

I dream a lot, usually as soon as I close my eyes. A few months ago I had a dream where I felt like I had spent weeks there: 15 real minutes had passed.

It's all a matter of perception!

What if eternity only lasted 1 second in our timescale?

Look at Inception!

0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 11/08/21, 11:02

christophe
What if eternity only lasted 1 second in our timescale?
relativity taken to the extreme, but contradictory since it is already giving a dimension to what has none!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/08/21, 11:13

Precisely: no dimension, no measurability ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 11/08/21, 11:19

Precisely: no dimension, no measurability ...
It is the least we can say. This is why, apart from a curiosity of the mind which will remain unanswered anyway, it is therefore only an abstract philosophical debate, just to speak!
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 11/08/21, 11:40

Christophe wrote:Psychological time does not exist? Example: dreams ...

I dream a lot, usually as soon as I close my eyes. A few months ago I had a dream where I felt like I had spent weeks there: 15 real minutes had passed.

In fact, no, time flows the same in a dream as when we are awake, this was proven by an experiment where a lucid dreamer was asked to move his eyes at a certain rate while he was dreaming. .
The dream manages to make you believe that you spent weeks there through ellipses and false memories.
The inception thing is bogus.
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"