Russian battery charging ... stellar!

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Russian battery charging ... stellar!

by Christophe » 29/05/06, 14:12

This is not a joke (well ... for now) and the info is available in English on this page: http://www.physorg.com/news67796415.html

Original text:

Russian scientists have invented a battery that can not catch the sun, but also from the stars, the head of a research institute at the Dubna Nuclear Institute, near Moscow, said.

"The scientists have successfully created a new substance," Valentin Samoilov announced, "with which this battery can work on earth, regardless of meteorological conditions, using solar and stellar energy.

"This is a battery like no other," Samoilov, Who head's the Institute's Center for Applied Research, Told the Itar-Tass news agency, explaining That It Could function 24 hours a day and Was twice as effective as an ordinary solar panel at converting light into electricity.

Moreover, Samoilov declared, the new battery was cheaper than a solar panel.

Translation :

Russian scientists have invented a battery that can capture the energy of not only the sun, but also stars, according to officials at a research institute at the Dubna Nuclear Institute near Moscow.

"Scientists have successfully created a new substance" according to Valentin Samoilov "thanks to which this battery can be recharged regardless of weather conditions, using solar and stellar energy".

"This is a battery like no other," said Samoilov, who led the center of the Institute for Applied Research, said the news agency Itar-Tass, explaining that she could operate 24 24 hours and was twice as efficient as a regular solar panel converting light into electricity.

In addition, Samoilov said, that this new battery was cheaper than a conventional solar panel.

So info or intox? The future will tell..
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 12/10/06, 23:31

Silly question:

you're sure that it is really a battery, that there is not a "nuance" of translation that escaped you. The term "battery" in English can also refer to a battery, and I believe that it means something else.

I say that because an electric battery, are role is to store energy not to produce, so I have the impression that there is a nuance of meaning that does not stick.
0 x
Science begins with curiosity.
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 13/10/06, 00:41

http://www.physorg.com/news67796415.html

this link is out of order

translation: "a walk could"
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/10/06, 08:01

given the date of the info, it is not excluded that the original info is dated the day after the 31 march.

I remember walking "like one man" when my father brought me a copy of the magazine All Electronics where there was an article on the new one. Singing transistor which directly transformed the signal into sound, with amazing bandwidth and performance.
The aricle came from the Technological Institute of Baden - Baden and was dated 01 / 04. (It was on the 1970 side)

That said, it's very very good, this site www.physorg.com
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 13/10/06, 09:35

In fact I'm not sure it's a fish.

it made me think of something:
It seems to me that space research uses "special cuvettes" to detect certain particles emitted by stars, neutrinos, if memory serves.

If they have found a system to create a little energy with that, it's not impossible. After all, solar cells have a similar principle, capture light, so particles (photons) to make energy.
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 13/10/06, 09:56

Hello,

The idea is not a novelty strictly speaking.
This is the application that is new .........

There exists in France, a system of recovery of the energy of the NEUTRINOS which is called ANTARES and on which I could work.

The energy recovered is used only for detecting and counting said neutrinos. But nothing prevents the development of the recovery of this energy!

So the only new point is the recovery of energy and the efficiency of this recovery.

Obelix
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 13/10/06, 10:28

Re-

There exists in France, a system of recovery of the energy of the NEUTRINOS which is called ANTARES and on which I could work.

that's interesting! do you have info on it?
I don't even know where it is, I was there on a "science day"

I have not seen the performance announced the link is dead : Cry:
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 13/10/06, 11:56

Castor wrote:Re-

that's interesting! do you have info on it?
I don't even know where it is, I was there on a "science day"

I have not seen the performance announced the link is dead : Cry:

Re,

This system is installed off TOULON in deep waters.
It is made up of "clusters" of glass balls spread out on a cable anchored to the bottom and connected to the earth station by another cable laid on the bottom.
The landing is in tamarisk bay in the harbor of Toulon.
The European community has decided to make from this demonstrator a cube-shaped "grid" of 1km edge !!
project called the kilometrecube !!
I was involved in this project for the poses of different lines of cables and submarine connections! : Mrgreen:

Obelix
0 x
power station
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

neutrino

by power station » 13/10/06, 12:41

: Mrgreen:
hello i'm new here so hi everyone!
there are neutrino sensors made of menganese oxide placed on a glass plate or superimposed 10!
and even in its cellar because the neutrinos go through everything, 2Xplus energetic than an electro-volta plate!
in the USA we could get paint planned to make the current! :P
0 x
not dificult I interresse has it all!
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/10/06, 13:41

welcome to the club !

I'm still a little surprised, when I PCQ interested in nuclear physics in my misspent youth, a neutrino detector was a machine that weighed a ton!

can you offer us a link?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be