Russian battery charging ... stellar!

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 13/10/06, 15:14

Hello,

A link to know everything about Antares:

http://antares.in2p3.fr/index-fr.html

Obelix
0 x
power station
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by power station » 13/10/06, 18:28

no no links :|
I have heard about it several times on different subjects such as making blue for painting but especially because of its sensitivity to neutrinos and the functioning would be the same as for photo-volta plates
I think it should be used as an element to search for "star explosions or pulsar
I know it sounds simple but often the simplest things are the most effective (we are not on this site not to know it : Mrgreen:
but I think Tesla already had it but I'm not sure :|
0 x
not dificult I interresse has it all!
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 13/10/06, 20:35

0 x
Denys
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Denys » 06/03/07, 22:22

basically if I understood correctly in addition to transforming the photons of the visible range into electricity, this type of sensor also converts infrared (radiant heat).
Now they say that this type of cell works night and day, hence the name stellar ... I doubt that at night it will reach us a lot of infrared ray at night after our damaging atmosphere :frown: .
For me it would be better if it captured the X-ray to see we can dream of the gammas because then finished the problems of radioactive waste. Because who says conversion to electricity says reduction of radiation 8) .
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/03/07, 23:44

Researchers everywhere are finding increasingly efficient and original energy storage and production solutions. On storage, we can cite for example the astonishing use of bacteria as a catalyst in hydrogen fuel cells (2), or this even more promising innovation which consists in using nanotubes to create supercapacitors (3). For the production of solar electricity, let us cite the remarkable case of this "photovoltaic paint»Containing polymers (4) or even these solar cells functioning thanks to spinach proteins (5). Let us not doubt that the emergence of economically viable solutions is only a matter of time ...

Let us now see the quantitative relevance of such decentralization of energy. Take the figures for total energy consumption in a developed country like France (6):

Total primary energy used (energy sector included): 135 kWh / day per inhabitant

final energy consumption (excluding energy sector): 80 kWh / day per inhabitant

The difference comes mainly from the very low efficiency of power plants. With renewable energy like the sun, electric vehicles and better insulation of buildings, it would be theoretically possible to halve the total energy consumed in France, going from 80 kWh / day per inhabitant to only 40 kWh / day per inhabitant .

The average sunshine in France is 4 kWh / m2 per day (from 2 to 7 kWh / m2 worldwide), it is therefore sufficient, still in theory, that each human being reserves an area of ​​at least 10 m2 to collect solar energy. In practice, the profitability of future solar panels will probably not exceed 50% (it is currently 36% in laboratories), which implies an area of ​​at least 20m2 per person. It turns out that this surface is of the same order of magnitude as the roofing surface per inhabitant (the inverse of the density of a city like Paris gives 50m2 per inhabitant, or about 20m2 of roofing taking into account the roads). Quantitatively speaking, this perspective is therefore not a utopia.

http://agoravox.fr/print_article.php3?i ... rmat=print
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 07/03/07, 00:31

I read an article (on a science and life of not so long ago) that these famous neutrinos were also responsible for some of the computer bugs ... And that the higher we go, the more we undergoes a significant bombardment of neutrinos!
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 07/03/07, 18:52

vi vi vi,

it must be to justify Windows bugs : Cheesy:

more precisely, it would indeed seem that "cosmic rays" disturb microelectronics.

and it only takes one wall of water to stop them, my next PC will be surrounded by aquariums :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Denys
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Neutrinos ...

by Denys » 07/03/07, 19:30

I have a little doubt when the fact that neutrinos can cause a computer bug, since they are almost imperceptible (they cross our planet from side to side being barely influenced) which explains the dificulty to capture them ( huge detector buried under tons of rocks to hope to detect some).
On the other hand the gamma rays and the particles ionized by the solar wind are much more harmful.
It is well known that during a solar flare, the satellites and the region located in the polar region are subject to serious problems with electrical equipment.
0 x