Astrophysics: the relativity of time

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 14/09/15, 21:51

henryII wrote:By entangling 2 photons, it is very likely that in reality we are only creating a quantum tunnel, a door open on a single photon that we can then represent as 2 linked photons.

The famous EPR paradox (Einstein Podolsky Rosen) is according to certain physicists (Juan Martín Maldacena for example) another approach if I can express myself thus of the ERB paradox (Einstein-Podolsky Bridge) more commonly called "wormhole".

Quantum entanglement is the only answer that circumvents all the problems of our prison universe (speed of light, space-time, expansion).

If the universe is a prison it is a sacred big prison, in addition it is expanding!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 16/09/15, 23:09

I like this vision of entanglement, I like it, I adopt :D

in the absence of another explanation
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 17/09/15, 15:14

sen-no-sen wrote:
henryII wrote:By entangling 2 photons, it is very likely that in reality we are only creating a quantum tunnel, a door open on a single photon that we can then represent as 2 linked photons.

The famous EPR paradox (Einstein Podolsky Rosen) is according to certain physicists (Juan Martín Maldacena for example) another approach if I can express myself thus of the ERB paradox (Einstein-Podolsky Bridge) more commonly called "wormhole".

Quantum entanglement is the only answer that circumvents all the problems of our prison universe (speed of light, space-time, expansion).

If the universe is a prison it is a sacred big prison, in addition it is expanding!

Hi sen-no-sen "
scientists just made a magnetic wormhole
a good start!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/15, 23:22

Some numbers: http://www.pourlascience.fr/ewb_pages/a ... -36024.php

The longest-traveled human to date is Sergei Krikaliov: he has jumped into the future by… 1 / 48th of a second. This advance over other humans results from the 803 days that this cosmonaut spent on board Mir and the ISS (the International Space Station). On board these space stations, it was traveling at around 27 km / h around the planet. Compared to our clocks on the ground, its own clock, that is to say its own time, has advanced less: it has aged less than us. In other words, Sergei Krikaliov advanced towards the future by 000 / 1th of a second.

(...)

If Sergei Krikaliov left in 2015 for a star located 520 light years away (Betelgeuse) at 99,995% of the speed of light, on his return he would have aged only ten years. We would then be in 3015, that is to say that 1 years would have passed.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/10/15, 08:28

ah, bah, that is good news for him, he will be able to live 1/48 ° of a second longer than expected. It will turn the world upside down! When you think that others see the prolongation of life almost unlimited. This astronaut would have done just as well to stay here and follow these new gurus !!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/15, 10:18

Finally janic !! It was obviously by the goal by sending it into space!

It was just an example to give orders of ideas regarding the relativity of time!

So 800 days at 27 km / h = time travel of 000/1 seconds!

In the same idea, airline pilots at the end of their career took a trip back in time ... of a few nanoseconds : Cheesy:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/10/15, 10:27

I understood well! :D
However, it makes her a nice leg to have gained 1/48 ° of a second! : Cheesy:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/10/15, 10:45

Janic wrote:I understood well! :D
However, it makes her a nice leg to have won 1/48 ° of a second! : Cheesy:

Won? It is to see .... with all the cosmic radiation that he has eaten during all these months in space ..... not sure that we really come out unscathed. : Cry:

http://www.esa.int/esaKIDSfr/SEMCOK3S18 ... ogy_0.html
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/10/15, 10:50

Won? It is to see .... with all the cosmic radiation that he has eaten during all these months in space ..... not sure that we really come out unscathed.

Little bin! But even completely irradiated, it will still gain 1/48 ° of a second. N / A! :D
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/10/15, 11:22

Yes but we will not even see it 1 / 48th with a big zoom you will have a blurry shot! : Cheesy:
Note that "The absence of proof is not proof of absence" : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"