Astronomy: space conquest and the latest news from the stars

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Astronomy: Space Conquest and Latest Star News

by Obamot » 09/07/22, 10:12

Except that the multiple telescopings will generate debris and the collateral damage will generate bombardments of innumerable meteorites (and not only comets) which will riddle the surface of the planets with craters, and there will be strong resurgent volcanic activities in view of the pressures undergone. .. Upheavals so powerful that they will split planets... And which will last a long time before a (relative) calm returns after new (relative) balance points are reformed...

Basically, even in areas where you pass yourself off as an expert, you forget half of it...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/22, 10:19

I can't believe it….you were afraid for your lives? A selfish thought... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 09/07/22, 10:24

Obamot wrote:Except that the multiple telescopings will generate debris and the collateral damage will generate bombardments of innumerable meteorites (and not only comets) which will riddle the surface of the planets with craters, and there will be strong resurgent volcanic activities in view of the pressures undergone. .. Upheavals so powerful that they will split planets... And which will last a long time before a (relative) calm returns after new (relative) balance points are reformed...

Basically, even in areas where you pass yourself off as an expert, you forget half of it...

except that you're talking nonsense, the stars are light years away from each other, and it's not because there would be twice as many that it would change the order of magnitude. you have as much chance of encountering another star as of having a collision with another car while crossing the Sahara.
1 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/07/22, 10:36

Yes, yes, yes... that's why the surface of the Moon is perfectly smooth and not littered with craters, no, there aren't any: : Mrgreen:

7715C561-1DF3-4B31-9BDD-B766C2CAA756.jpeg
The Universe is 'stable', you are fascinating Gilles, you know :?: : Cheesy:

— because the stars are light years apart, and...
— because you have as much chance of encountering another star as of having a collision with another car while crossing the Sahara.
— and because I'm not just contradicting myself all the time, you see, galaxies don't touch, I used the word “collision” by accident, yes, pure accident they don't touch the schmilblick... they Marielént-Goitschellent (*)
: Mrgreen: (well I'm saying that, I'm not saying anything... you're the expert...)

(*) (Neologism: they slalom without touching...?) : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Obamot the 09 / 07 / 22, 10: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 09/07/22, 10:45

Children, don't argue!

Dad will set up a fire system (red).

Right now I'm going to fit out my cellar... and buy a supply of razor blades...

Yes : Arrow:
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/07/22, 00:52

0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/07/22, 11:01

More details on the first images from the James Webb Space Telescope...

The deformation of space/time by gravitation is also clearly visible

1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/07/22, 11:23

izentrop wrote:More details on the first images from the James Webb Space Telescope...

The deformation of space/time by gravitation is also clearly visible
It's always been like that, the great utopians that are the farauds, push them to dream of interstellar space, not giving a damn about the problems to be solved under their noses, their fellow creatures or the tangible consequences of the action of the people on the planet.
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 13/07/22, 22:58

The show is due to start around 22 p.m.: don't miss the "super thunder moon" visible this Wednesday evening
https://www.lindependant.fr/2022/07/13/ ... 434137.php
It has just risen on the crest of the hill opposite, it is magnificent. Too bad, the APN of my smartphone at 200 bullets is rotten.
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/07/22, 00:29

Same my zoom is too rotten ... I let the pros work!
0 x