Apogeios, the space city ... French ...

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Apogeios, the space city ... French ...

by Christophe » 18/06/13, 13:42

It is obviously still conceptual, studied for 10 inhabitants in autarky, but there is some good info: http://www.e-archipel.net/Apogeios_1.html

0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/06/13, 23:46

We are not ready to have the technological means, and above all financial, to build such a thing.
What about radiation? I thought that we had not yet solved the thing (if I followed it well, at the moment it is the big thing which delays the first trip to Mars)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/06/13, 00:23

interesting, but let's preserve our real house ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/13, 09:49

Forhorse wrote:We are not ready to have the technological means, and above all financial, to build such a thing.
What about radiation? I thought that we had not yet solved the thing (if I followed it well, at the moment it is the big thing which delays the first trip to Mars)

this page talks about it ... very briefly: http://www.e-archipel.net/Apogeios_4.html

There is a beautiful table with the tonnages to be mounted "up" too :)

When we know the cost of the ton orbited in low orbit ... : Shock:

Remundo wrote:interesting, but let's preserve our real house ...

I think everything is said ... after the dream does not hurt ...

What I like in space projects is the search for total autarky ... and therefore necessarily the search for parsimony!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 19/06/13, 11:45

Yeah ... well personally this kind of project scares me. Because the underlying idea is that one day the earth will be uninhabitable and we will have to try to go elsewhere.
The message can even be the reverse: "why want to preserve the earth? Anyway we will soon have the means to live in space, so let's continue to exploit and plunder the planet as long as we can"
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 19/06/13, 14:58

Well, thank you Forhorse, everything is said .....
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/13, 18:57

Christophe wrote:
Remundo wrote:interesting, but let's preserve our real house ...

I think everything is said ...

: Mrgreen:
0 x
domcars0
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by domcars0 » 20/06/13, 14:30

Forhorse wrote:Yeah ... well personally this kind of project scares me. Because the underlying idea is that one day the earth will be uninhabitable and we will have to try to go elsewhere.
The message can even be the reverse: "why want to preserve the earth? Anyway we will soon have the means to live in space, so let's continue to exploit and plunder the planet as long as we can"

It’s been like this for a long time, it’s not yesterday .... the man was first sedentary, then one day he became nomadic ... in search of always more space, food and of energy, because the tribe was growing ...
The tribe has grown well (soon 10 billion) .... prepare your suitcases the children will see next .... I no longer believe that we will be able to spare the planet (nothing is happening in this sense of really serious) ... like our ancestors it will be: we leave or we die.
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 20/06/13, 18:14

So we die ...

Well, there is a job .......
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
domcars0
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by domcars0 » 20/06/13, 19:17

No not on .. we can leave .. not all and not in the 'developed' state .. but in the frozen embryo state it is not impractical ...
It is sure, the 'kids' who will be born because the robots will have detected a viable planet and thawed their embryos for their in-vitro development will have to learn what these robots will teach them from us (and that we will have programmed them) ... .
But it is not impossible ... during the great climatic changes where during the great migrations, many remained on the floor .. there again a huge package will stay there but the important thing for any living species is its survival, whatever the price...
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"