Apogeios, the space city ... French ...

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
domcars0
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by domcars0 » 21/06/13, 09:08

highflyaddict wrote:Yes, I think that will change .... I believe that the next half-century will see a massive destabilization of almost all ecosystems (climate change, pollution, too strong anthropogenic pressure) and thus a collapse of our "system economic". The rest is not funny ....

It’s more than likely, but I don’t think that the nature of man changes
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/06/13, 09:43

And why not domcars0? Obviously it will not change deeply (there will always be dominant and dominated), but is that what we ask?

The "current" problem is abuse and too great a disparity in wealth! A healthier, greener, more equitable capitalism is completely compatible with the human nature of ... the vast majority of us!

What humanity misses most is empathy, because earning "a lot" of money is done in one and only one way: by exploiting the money, work or efforts of others ...

So the question is: currently who are whose slaves?

Still have something to teach at school!

If we look at history ... in several periods (Rome, colonial period ...) slavery was the norm ... it was "officially" abolished and it improved the lives of some (the slaves) without for all that destroy the lives of others (the masters)

Some have probably said that human nature had changed at the time ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/06/13, 09:52

domcars0 wrote:For me science fiction is a world of 10 milllairds of human beings living in harmony with nature and where no one aspires to possess more ... If that is not a dream then I am crazy .. .

first of all, we don't need to be "10 billion", there is no point in swarming and depleting resources, and waging war against a background of famine or generalized shortages.

Anyway, you have to know that the system is self-regulating.

As for the excessive attraction for money (but especially the pouvoir), that indeed, it is damn difficult to remove from the human mentality.
0 x
domcars0
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by domcars0 » 21/06/13, 12:37

Remundo wrote:
domcars0 wrote:For me science fiction is a world of 10 milllairds of human beings living in harmony with nature and where no one aspires to possess more ... If that is not a dream then I am crazy .. .

first of all, we don't need to be "10 billion", there is no point in swarming and depleting resources, and waging war against a background of famine or generalized shortages.

Ah and who is it that we throw overboard? The others?: Frown:
Remundo wrote:

This is also what the ultra-liberals say about the economic system : Mrgreen:
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 21/06/13, 14:12

domcars0 wrote:.... I do not think that despite this the nature of man changes

Nature, by definition, obviously not. But culture?
We can probably hope so (for those who have survived ...)!
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/06/13, 17:52

domcars0 wrote:
Remundo wrote:

Ah and who is it that we throw overboard? The others?: Frown:

superb argument ... But if you really want us to be 10 billion in the post-peak-oil period, you can be sure that there will be a lot of people thrown overboard.
Remundo wrote:
This is also what the ultra-liberals say about the economic system : Mrgreen:

oh i'm not talking to you about economics. I'm just telling you that in a world with limited resources, people eat each other, and even within a single species, competitions that are too exarcerated can have lethal consequences. In any case, it is physically impossible for one of them to develop ad infinitum, and it is physically implacable that an overpopulation of any kind is not sustainable.
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 21/06/13, 18:57

I don't think domcars0 wants us to be 10 Billion by 2060, I'm even sure the opposite! Science fiction is harmony and good living in this case.

And if humanity continues "like this", we are going straight ahead ...

So you agree I think!
:D
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/06/13, 21:00

voui, but Domcar0 likes to tickle :P
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/06/13, 21:32

The increase in the world's population is certainly an aggravating factor, but not as much as we take pleasure in repeating.

Do I have to remember that a minority of people absorb a majority of resources?
The unfortunate thing is that at the same time as it appropriates raw materials, energies and primary goods, it sets itself up as a model (impossible!) To be followed by all the others ... and diverts from objectives reasonable enough to be compatible with the common good.

Egotism is a strategy which is only superficially successful only very temporarily since it leads to the dissolution of society and to barbarism.
The inclination towards an endless technological race (in the two senses of the term) only translates, hollow, this infantile desire for all power without object, without project.
By including "humanity" in their rhetoric, the "masters" only legitimize their fantasies.

Christophe, you write:
A healthier, greener, more equitable capitalism is completely compatible with the human nature of ... the vast majority of us!

I grant you that you are using a comparative and not an absolute qualification, however, it is in the "nature" of capitalism to cause nuisances, to destroy nature and to generate growing inequalities, to believe or to hope the opposite is relevant. a lack of understanding of the phenomenon (fairly widespread: you are in good company *); as for the consistency of human "nature", I will not go into this area!

*Dominique Méda, otherwise so lucid and subtle, is also caught dreaming of a "regulated" capitalism.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Apogeios, the space city ... French ...

by moinsdewatt » 22/06/13, 22:00

Christophe wrote:It is obviously still conceptual, studied for 10 inhabitants in autarky, but there is some good info: ......

For 10 inhabitants?

Statistically there is 1 prisoner in prison for 1000 inhabitants in France (and many more in the USA).
Or count 10 people to put in prison for these 10 hours.

They put the prison on the plan? : Lol:
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"