Apogeios, the space city ... French ...

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/06/13, 20:22

domcars0 wrote:It's been like this for a long time, it's not yesterday .... the man was first sedentary, then one day he became nomadic ..

You're sure :?:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/06/13, 20:26

Me not lol! : Cheesy:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/06/13, 21:06

I do not think that Domcar0 opposes sedentariness and nomadism, he rather wants to speak of a migratory necessity resulting from the expansion of the human species or the exhaustion of local resources ...

It is not very plausible to believe in the realization of a project of such complexity and, moreover, dependent on (very) hypothetical parameters.

It is quite remarkable that this confidence in human ingenuity to invest in such a daring and demanding process, results from the observation of his inability to maintain the simple conditions of his survival on this planet: curious, is it not ?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 20/06/13, 21:21

Yes, completely crazy white man ..... And contagious madness.

Ugh!
: Mrgreen:
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
domcars0
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by domcars0 » 20/06/13, 22:12

Ahmed wrote:It is not very plausible to believe in the realization of a project of such complexity and, moreover, dependent on (very) hypothetical parameters.

Indeed I do not believe too much in this "space city" ... but to send frozen embryos (spermatozoa and ovaries would be enough even, in-vitro fertilization we know how to do) with robots in machines traversing the galaxy in search of a planet resembling ours or at least capable of accommodating human beings is perfectly within our reach.

highflyaddict wrote:Yes, completely crazy white man ..... And contagious madness.

Absolutely and that is why we are where we are today ... why, do you think it will really change in the next 50 years or so?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/06/13, 22:27

I was not talking only about this space city project, but also about this "dropping" of frozen embryos, with means unknown to date, on a hypothetical planet sufficiently welcoming for these poor victims of our delusions, duly chaired by their cybernetic nannies ... :frown:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
domcars0
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by domcars0 » 20/06/13, 22:39

Ahmed wrote:It is quite remarkable that this confidence in human ingenuity to invest in such a daring and demanding process, results from the observation of his inability to maintain the simple conditions of his survival on this planet: curious, is it not ?

I do not believe that man is "incapable of maintaining the simple conditions of his survival on this planet" ... I believe that he is an animal who is not satisfied (he will never be satisfied with it, moreover ) of what he has, an animal that wants to understand what surrounds him and wants to understand obliges (among other things) to explore: his village, his country, his continent, his planet, his galaxy ...
I don't trust human ingenuity I see, that's it.
And I see that despite the alarm bells, nothing is moving ... but come to think of it how could it be otherwise? A billion humans live on the back of another 7 billion, who only aspire to one thing, to live like their operators .... frankly I feel it is not terrible terrible
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/06/13, 23:48

oh all these science fiction scenarios, that makes you dream ...

But I simply note that man is already not too capable of ensuring his survival on Earth, where he nevertheless has everything he needs ...

So from there to re-deploying a "civilization" in a spaceship with cyborgs and some "frozen" embryos ...

@+
0 x
domcars0
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by domcars0 » 20/06/13, 23:53

For me science fiction is a world of 10 milllairds of human beings living in harmony with nature and where no one aspires to possess more ... If that is not a dream then I am crazy .. .
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 21/06/13, 03:13

domcars0 wrote:
highflyaddict wrote:Yes, completely crazy white man ..... And contagious madness.

Absolutely and that is why we are where we are today ... why, do you think it will really change in the next 50 years or so?

Yes, I think that will change .... I believe that the next half-century will see a massive destabilization of almost all ecosystems (climate change, pollution, too strong anthropogenic pressure) and thus a collapse of our "system economic". The rest is not funny ....
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS

Back to "Science and Technology"