Schedule a door opening system with battery

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 02/12/15, 15:59

How much hay do you store for their money? 2 for a day or for several days. With regard to the hourly programming it is quite easy on batteries by cons find an actuator able to distribute 10kg hay he will need you a beautiful package of batteries ... the most It would be a good idea if the horse would activate his feeder himself when he is allowed, and I think he can do it on a simple signal (sound or visual) ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/12/15, 16:59

I have at home a programmable thermostatic valve Silvercrest that I paid 20 euros at Liedl.
Honeywell sells for 50 euros, or less.
These tips are equipped with a pretty impressive gear for a race of 2 or 3 mm
Would that be enough?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/12/15, 17:13

I have two from Lidl .... And I would be curious to know how you have connected (I never could)!

: Cheesy: pretty bad at plumbing, I know

0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 02/12/15, 20:34

Macro wrote:How much hay do you store for their money? 2 for a day or for several days.

It would be nice to be able to manage a day, so 2 meal, even 3: 1 in the morning, 1 at noon, 1 at night (7h, 13h, 19h).

As for the programming time is pretty easy on the batteries by cons find an actuator able to distribute them 10kg of hay it will take you a beautiful package of batteries ...

Not necessarily, because the principle would be to open successively a compartment that releases the ration of hay (eg on a slide). The programmer unlocks a latch or lock that slides the hay, so the weight of the ration does not matter.

the smartest thing would be that the horse itself activates its feeder when it is allowed and that I think it is able on a simple signal (sound or visual) ...

It's a pretty simple idea to implement and to train a horse for it is quite simple (long live Pavlov!)
On the other hand, the risk is that a smarter horse operates the system by greed, and anyway it is necessary a system usable immediately without going through a phase of dressage which can be + or - long.
(Not to mention that if I want to reproduce the principle for my rabbits and my chickens, it's not winning: I still do not master the dressage of the chicken and the rabbit! ...)

elephant wrote:I have at home a programmable thermostatic valve Silvercrest that I paid 20 euros at Liedl.
Honeywell sells for 50 euros, or less.
These tips are equipped with a pretty impressive gear for a race of 2 or 3 mm
Would that be enough?

If the level of tension is manageable, why not. But 2 3 mm is little, but if the programming system is interesting, it can make a contact that operates a motor, such as. Flytox's idea of ​​wiper motor.

In fact, when we look at each element of the chain (programmer, lock, latch, engine, relay, etc ...) we can find cheap parts but that requires to add another that complicates, weakens the whole, and weighs down the price.

I just watched the programmable thermostatic valve at C .... d (3 for 34,99 €). It is a material that seems very interesting and economical but what is the principle?
The valve opens or closes at set tem- peratures (the manual speaks of min / max t °), or at set time ranges?
I do not understand how the system manages the t ° and slots. Who knows and can explain to me?
Last edited by Grelinette the 02 / 12 / 15, 20: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/12/15, 20:44

Not to mention that if I want to reproduce the principle for my rabbits and hens, it's not won: I still do not master the dressage of the hen and rabbit! ...

Horses, chickens and rabbits share a common trait: a direct connection between the stomach and the brain! :P
So, it should not be so difficult.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 03/12/15, 00:05

The valveless sold programmer connects to the M30 1,5 mm radiator valves with a 4,5mm stroke needle !!
https://www.econologie.com/shop/vanne-th ... p-509.html

It has a micromotor for opening or closing the needle.

This cheap programmer is difficult to change to order something else because it controls and regulates according to the temperature and conditions we choose for day of night, hours, holidays and even frost !!

We must take a simple programmer like for watering which with simple interface that I put 4 front pages (two transistors with short delay and relay) will command a small motor or a striker instead of the valve, it removed.
One difficulty is that it gives two pulses, one opening and the other closing a little different, then not used.

Otherwise there are plenty of picaxe pic cheap and easy, with servo motor, remote control, display, even for robots that can be programmed as we want to see on SPAM
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 03/12/15, 07:03

I'll have time I would tinker with a small PIC 12Fxxx mount that would drive a windshield wiper motor.
But do not count on me before Christmas ... 2025 : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/12/15, 09:35

This type of programmer
https://www.econologie.com/shop/programm ... p-280.html

Would do the trick with a small modification.

When he is active he lights a led. So just recover the tension on the LED and relay it to make it operate what you want with the energy source that goes well for your action ... I have to look because I had one in my workshop whose rotating part 220V was HS but the electronic part OK (but I had it in hand two weeks ago in a big household and it is likely that it flew to the trash).

On the other hand for the actor who will open the cache it is on that it will have a source of energy more important than the 2 piles of 1.5V which feed the clock ... Especially if you want a gache able to resist to the attacks of nenuphar ...

By cons it will only be able to open a single cache so you need 1 hay

For your actuator trunk opening I propose to you in the car recup 2 type of vehicles that I know, quite easily found in breakage, have opening (opening not unlocking) electric trunk ar powerful .Le chrysler travel ( from 1991 to 1996) and alfa 156 sw. You make a sturdy lid for your pallocs pushed by a trunk jack of the same cars at the triggering of the spade it cloc and the cylinder opens the trunk ... Nenuphar should learn very quickly identify the cloc anonciator of his pittance ... On the other hand you will need a battery 12V able to operate the device of unlocking (I have on hand a batterie defibrillator lead perimée which must be able to do the business).
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 03/12/15, 13:07

I already had this kind of programmer in hand, actually the clock part is often powered by batteries, against the model that I had the famous red LED that comes on when the plug is active only turns on 'with the presence of the sector 230V, when the programmer is only on battery, this led does not turn on (saving batteries)
Is it possible to modify the circuit to recover the info without the sector being present? I do not know, but I will not put my hand to it.

Although I do not have much time, this kind of small project inspires me a lot. I was planning to go back to electronics.
Considering my knowledge it will certainly not be an ultra low battery conso that works on battery, but if it takes a battery 12V to power the actuator it should not be too embarrassing.

It remains to find a simple programming interface, can greedy energy and not expensive.
I thought about it a bit this morning, and I could see something like two buttons ("prog" and "start") and a led.
when powering up the assembly waits for it to be indicated the number of hours for the time delay, this would be adjusted with the prog button by pressing as many times as the hour needed => for example it is 21:30 p.m. and we want the hay to be distributed the next morning around 7:00 am, so we press the "prog" button 9 or 10 times, the tempo will end either around 6:30 am or around 7:30 am (given the application we are not at the minute .. . my horses never eat hair exactly at the same time and do not fare worse)
then we validate with the start button: the led then flashes the same number of supports to confirm the proper consideration of the programming.
if during the time delay we want to know how much time is left (or to check that the editing is still alive) then press one of the two buttons and the led flashes a number of times corresponding to the number of hours remaining before the end of the delay.
Once the delay has elapsed, the assembly activates a relay for a time remaining to be defined (necessary for the actuator to perform the desired action)
then goes back to "programming" mode so that a new time delay can be set (draw anyway, it will also be necessary to reload with hay)

If you need to make several distributions, it is also possible, either via the same output several times (with a time between each programmable distribution each time or one set once and for all) or via several outputs if necessary.

To see if the philosophy of my editing is appropriate, if not must define a precise specifications.
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 03/12/15, 14:58

simplino wrote:To answer nothing prevents to make simple with even the signal short pulse on coil of a watering programmer.
One difficulty is that the watering solenoid valves are very clever with a feedback reaction of the water pressure to keep open without electric current, after very little force coming from the very short pulse of the electromagnet, (less the second but from 6 to 8 Volts and no 1Volt, seen on voltmeter too slow to track and measure with an oscilloscope).

A door strike with electromagnet requires significantly more energy 0,5A and 8 to 12V DC and so even with a relay like 5V one has to amplify very cleverly to give the current and voltage needed to control the relay.

An ordinary MOSFET power transistor is sufficient for the strike directly without relays

However we must understand a little how it works, if not failures because you have to know what the waste requires (voltage, current and duration of the pulse at least order of magnitude, typical 12V 0,5V and one to two seconds, probably) , and it is necessary to know what gives on its coil the scheduler of watering to derive it on the control of striker transient (which requires an oscilloscope if no luck with a pulse too short command).

Forhorse is asked to read carefully before leaving an unthinking reaction !!
The interface does not give the delay on a day, but just the few seconds to run an engine or a waste!

The programmer of Grelinette gives a usable impulse to control for a delay of a few seconds with this interface indicated above.
The 2N2222 transistors cut at rest consumes almost nothing (let alone with simple MOSFET) much less than the programmer.
"
Grelinette wrote:Last solution, which a priori although not ideal will work without any doubt. I have a very basic and mechanical mechanical programmer like this one:
Everything is mechanical: at the indicated time a small motor rotates a spherical valve, so very simple to turn into a latch. The only problem is that the programming is blinded relatively to the time when it is started: we program a duration and a frequency, by no precise time.

This Grelinette programmer, like any other commercial watering device, delivers a short pulse on the valve that opens and closes later.
By sending this pulse in the place of the delay switch, in the right direction and the good resistance in series is triggered at the output of the interface a pulse of a few seconds to trigger a relay, or run a motor set the place the lamp by not forgetting the diode in reverse to avoid switching surges on self (100V and more that kills the transistor) !!

simplino wrote:Image
To lengthen a little the impulse this assembly is simple to give a long impulse by choosing well the capacity some microFarads with the relay and diode instead of the lamp

http://www.sonelec-musique.com/images2/ ... s_000a.gif

and with many other montages interfaces a little more complex usable:
http://www.sonelec-musique.com/electron ... teurs.html

This is the simplest, with a little understanding, it will work without using the battery at rest (transistor cut off consuming very little, leak less micro-amperes)
Last edited by simplino the 03 / 12 / 15, 15: 51, 2 edited once.
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"