Schedule a door opening system with battery

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 30/11/15, 21:23

To lengthen a little the impulse this assembly is simple to give a long impulse by choosing well the capacity some microFarads with the relay and diode instead of the lamp
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/12/15, 07:01

Duration much too random over time exceeding a few minutes.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/12/15, 09:04

Hello,
Another solution without electronics:
-A small battery 12 v
-An 12 programmer http://www.nouveauxobjets.fr/F-FICHIER_ ... er.net.pdf
-A small toy gear motor or a recovery wiper motor. Or a system of opening a car door recovered.
- a limit contact.

The latch can be actuated by a twine winding around the axis of the gearmotor but as the minimum setting is 1 minute, the limit switch interrupts the motor supply.

The sloping hay cart seems to me the easiest to manufacture;)

: Idea: A rope that stretches at the last moment could eject the hay at the edge of the field.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 01/12/15, 10:40

izentrop wrote:Hello,
Another solution without electronics:
-A small battery 12 v
-An 12 programmer http://www.nouveauxobjets.fr/F-FICHIER_ ... er.net.pdf
-A small toy gear motor or a recovery wiper motor.
- a limit contact.

The latch can be actuated by a twine winding around the axis of the gearmotor but as the minimum setting is 1 minute, the limit switch interrupts the motor supply.

The sloping hay cart seems to me the easiest to manufacture;)

: Idea: A rope that stretches at the last moment could eject the hay at the edge of the field.

Hello everyone and thank you for your help on this project.

(Forhorse, I was expecting to see your nostrils for an equestrian project, and I am happy).

Effectively izentrop, my research on the net have often presented to me this little programmer 12 v whose users are satisfied (except for some negative comments on the long-term reliability).

I saw that it was used in particular to automate the Opening / Closing of henhouse door. It is a bit the same thing as opening a hay feeder, all proportionate.

This little program should not cost much, and I think it would be interesting to test it. (Christophe, do you think you can offer me a model?). It still requires the addition of an external battery.

To return to your remarks izentrop, the idea of ​​a string that wraps on a rotating axis and opens a latch appears simple, effective, reliable ... and economical.
("Supreme sophistication is simplicity", said Leonardo da Vinci! ... Ha, when great minds meet! : Cheesy: )

I fear that an all-electric and electronic assembly, even if more sophisticated with more possibilities, is expensive and fragile for outdoor use and consequently difficult to repair apart from remaking everything.
(This is the problem that I was rightly afraid of on my electric carriages: the slightest breakdown is a gas plant).

If I remember your idea ofrotating spindle winding a string (or pulling a link), the basic programmer presented above seems all right because it is its valve opening mechanism: a pierced ball that turns 1 / 4 turn for opening then closing.

It integrates all the required mechanisms into a single, relatively compact package and works with 2 1,5 v AAA batteries. The pre-programmed opening times (duration between 2 rotations of 1 / 4 turn) are 1,3,5,10,15, 20 mn ..., up to 120 mn which gives some DIY solutions for the management of or opening latches. (Not to mention its price: 18,90 € for the 1er price).
If the range is too low, it seems to me simple to add a battery pack or a small solar charging panel.

For lack of a simple and better solution for now, I will try to tinker with this scheduler watering.

It remains to imagine the latch system with string or link, and the entire mechanism to store the hay and release it at the desired time.

I have some ideas that are starting to sprout ... Hum, it still smells patent this story! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/12/15, 11:00

Cool the photo, not look naughty the beast;).

Indeed with an eccentric cam, no need for limit switch if the motor turns slowly Image
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 01/12/15, 11:37

Izentrop, your reactivity impresses me!

An eccentric cam appears in effect to press or pull a link (string, link) to actuate an opening, and finally the speed of rotation of the engine does not matter.

Just in this case where the axis rotates only a quarter of a turn, find the mechanism that will operate the latch regardless of the position of the axis.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/12/15, 13:40

One could imagine a system which controls a motor at hour "H" and which drives a nut by the threaded motor shaft: after a few turns the nut releases a counterweight or a spring which opens the latch and interrupts the motor power supply.
When manually closing, the nut is screwed back to its original position ...

The same idea could apply with the cam: it is enough that the cam is disengageable from its axis (square to its location) without tools to reset it when closing and resetting the device.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 01/12/15, 15:23

Hello Ahmed,

All these ideas motivate me to find an efficient and practical system, and suddenly a lot of ideas start to germinate in my neurons slowed down by the cold and winter equestrian constraints! : Idea:

For the opening system, I think we have a mechanical solution that is starting to be interesting. It must be developed in detail, but your ideas seem promising: threaded shaft with nut that moves / cam eccentric pusher / cable that wraps around an axis / pulley that actuates a belt, etc ...
It is the system as a whole that will determine the most appropriate technology.

After all, nothing prevents us from using a more sophisticated programming system with a programmer, a small engine replacing the programmer I presented, and a small battery.

I will try to make a proto to perfect the mechanism.

Let's say that the solution for the programmed automatic opening part is quasi-acquired! Image

Now, it is the caisson, storage and hay removal that must be found. (The slide system does not sound bad!).

Some ideas came to me and they seem to me to meet the daily practical constraints.

I leave you to think on your side, and I make a sketch to give you my ideas. (I add that a mechanical system like the one that begins to emerge can in my opinion easily adapt to manage several successive meals ...)

To give you more information, I describe the procedure of use that would be ideal:

- the day before, I prepare the meal for the next morning at 7 h, that of 13 h, and that of 19 h,

- I fill the dispenser with the 3 volumes of hay in separate compartments,

- I program opening from 7 hours and all 6 hours,

- and voila and I can go to sleep on my 2 ears! Image
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/12/15, 21:48

Grelinette wrote:Image

For the drive motor, a car wiper motor is perfect. The ball joint for the connecting rod already exists, it rotates relatively slowly, that to a good couple in case it would require some effort for the striker (mechanical), and there is an internal end-of-stroke system for it to do than a ride. .... :P

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 02/12/15, 14:10

Flytox wrote:...
For the drive motor, a car wiper motor is perfect. The ball joint for the connecting rod already exists, it rotates relatively slowly, that to a good couple in case it would require some effort for the striker (mechanical), and there is an internal end-of-stroke system for it to do than a ride. .... :P

Actually it is an option adapted for one of the elements of the project, but the question of programming the trigger time et the time delay (operating time). In short, we go round and round!

Well, for those interested in the subject I have an info that can motivate them : Mrgreen: : I called a (well-known) manufacturer to find out if there was anything in their catalog: Nothing !
On the other hand, when I told him that we were doing a prototype, he replied that if it was operational and economical, it interested him strongly ... well, I say that, j 'say nothing... Image
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"