To death death, immortality soon? (Laurent Alexandre)

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/13, 12:06

To complement Gaston and to clarify things a little concerning life expectancy ... we were all right ... indeed;

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esp%C3%A9rance_de_vie

In the area of ​​statistics, life expectancy at age x can be defined not only for populations of living beings and organisms, but also for objects, instruments, organizations, etc.

So we can talk well life expectancy at the heart of life, flat on my words therefore ... BUT generally currently the most used data is life expectancy at age 0 therefore at birth ... and this one is fixed for each past year!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esp%C3%A9r ... ie_humaine

Thus, contrary to what the title "life expectancy" might suggest, it is not a forecast as to the probabilities of death in subsequent years: say for example that the life expectancy of men in 2000 is 75 years does not mean that men born in 2000 will live on average 75 years. They will live on average 75 years only if the mortality conditions they will meet throughout their life will match those of the year 2000. So, if progress continues, men born in 2000 should live on average more 75 years old. But it is also possible that conditions will deteriorate in the future.

This card looks good life expectancy at birth for children born in 2007: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... ctancy.png

After determining your own life expectancy at age X (knowing that a lot of past things have already influenced your life) is, in my opinion, as valid as a forecast by madam sun ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/13, 12:21

ps: it would be interesting to find the same map of the average age of death ... there could be some surprises ...
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 05/02/13, 12:51

Slut,

with these new explanations as gaston as said i find, "it is indeed a statistical tool whose understanding is not intuitive ..." and i would add is it really useful ??? ;)

Little word for flytox, after seeing the loan death, mine and that of a very close loved one that I accompanied, as well as a personal work that I continue to do (this is the only thing that is for me meaning in life;), the rest being only learning supports ...), I can say it without fear, yes come death if you want I do not fear you because for me you n is nothing ....
as Socrates said before worrying about death take care of life and learn to live, when at death it is something else that we can say nothing about, it is another state of affairs that we will need find out why be afraid ...

One of the big fear is suffering for my part (I lived it and it is not beautiful at all especially when the medical world turns to say that it does not know anything and that it does what it can , only there I heard the real speech from the honest doctors but not from everyone else hiding and trying to make humor even, pitiful ...) and in the fact of leaving them others (but if you do it right, leaving your very child is actually just a natural thing to be afraid of;)) ...
This fear that turns the medicine of suffering among others;) ...
but this is also another subject, and everyone sees the south of their life at their door;) ...

There are certain strange situations that teach you that accepting to die is quite simply allowing you to live fully ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/13, 13:00

bidouille23 wrote:and I would add is it really useful ??? ;)

Less and less I think ... it flatters, like the GDP, the ego of certain politicians, laboratories and economists but other statistical tools are more interesting. For example: life expectancy ... healthy.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esp%C3%A9r ... sant%C3%A9

In France it is immediately less flattering: you lose more than 15 years (of life in good health) and Germany is under 60 (Noch ein bieeeere ...)

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/13, 14:50

Life expectancy that would increase constantly? Not sure...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/02/13, 15:07

weird this notion of healthy life linked to life without disability! If we refer to the consumption of drugs, real good health seems almost non-existent!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/13, 15:11

Janic wrote:If we refer to the consumption of drugs, real good health seems almost non-existent!

Note a little extremist right?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/02/13, 22:09

Janic, you write:
But everything comes from confusion (between health and disease control) on the words used.

You're right, by writing my sentence a little too quickly, I felt the ambiguity that you do well to emphasize; however, the whole message remains clear on this point!

The creation of scarcity explains this orientation towards pathology, but also the conceptual difficulty of evaluating the benefits of primary prevention methods, especially in this same context of instrumental rationality which is ours.
For minds contaminated by the dictatorship of numbers, how to take into account this empty concept (compared to numbers!) That is health? How to graph illnesses and suffering that do not happen?
It is so much easier and more rewarding to highlight the progression of medical procedures which grow in inverse proportion to their effectiveness!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 05/02/13, 23:14

Ahmed,

there is no "primary prevention mode", this idea comes directly from a reflection oriented towards therapy;) and for therapy ...

it's like organic;) ...

on the other hand there is a healthy way of life and food, amha of course ...;)

Then if we refer to the origin of the myth of Asclepius from which our "modern" medicine (;)) derives, it is above all that the business started very rate because many understood rates that as long as there is of humans there will be patients, to have patients for a doctor is to earn money period .... and this does not date from the appearance of the graphics;), whatever may be good on tablets not touch of the time ... (it's funny as an analogy elsewhere;), both had stylais;)) ...

Having healthy people is ??? a problem because unprofitable ...
give a fish, you feed a man for a day;
teach him to fish, you feed him all his life;
sell him fish you make you cash;)

Why did you hunt the healers and all kinds of medicine on the pretext that it could be dangerous and without control? ...

and reading your sentence again I wonder if it's the egg or the chicken ????

if they go back to antiquity, do you think he would have already thought of wanting to create rarity and therefore a privileged panacea for hygiene?

or to create scarcity at the present time have we adapted the means of communication to the ancient model in order to have an effective force of persuasion rather?

Anyway, all that to say that numbers made them sing 'any song, like words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2bsGWWZ45E
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/02/13, 09:35

ahmed hello
For minds contaminated by the dictatorship of numbers, how to take into account this empty concept (compared to numbers!) That is health? How to graph illnesses and suffering that do not happen?

It is very fair, it is called minorities (because healthy people have become a minority) silent and therefore incernable!

Christophe hello
Janic wrote:
If we refer to the consumption of drugs, real good health seems almost non-existent!

Note a little extremist right?

Exactly not! But it is obvious that people are so used to meds that when something goes wrong the consumption of drugs is almost immediate, while in the majority of cases, a diet would settle the question. But this comes in large part from the lack of responsibility of the individual vis-à-vis his handling and the minimal knowledge that accompanies it. In my time, (as they say) a cough, a headache, a cold stroke, a stomach ache, etc. Passed by fumigations, hot or cold poultices, by suction cups, etc… because Mrs. SS did not take care of small sores, the doctor was expensive and the children did not get worse anyway: little heating in winter, at school in short pants whatever the temperature, little meat and even sugars at meals. The excess of physiological and even medical comfort weakens individuals and promotes over-medicalization too, it is a vicious circle.
So just ask the question around you: " when was the last time you took any medication? »And the answer rarely exceeds a few days or weeks (depending on age too!)
True health goes through the non-consumption of selective therapeutic products ... because the need is not simply there! But, I grant you, it is becoming increasingly rare.
To take a mechanical comparison, the health of YOUR car depends on its preventive maintenance and its driving mode which will play a major role in repairs and possible breakdowns.
0 x