To death death, immortality soon? (Laurent Alexandre)

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/02/13, 19:15

Life expectancy is a statistical data which provides only what it can and it has certain value only in year x of birth.

In fact, by definition, if living conditions vary during the life of the individual (or all of the individuals concerned), this expectation will vary more or less in proportion to the context.

To summarize, we start from a known average to make a plausible projection and then correct the average in view of the subsequent data.

At least that's what I understood ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 03/02/13, 19:53

Ahmed wrote: we start from a known average to make a plausible projection and then correct the average in view of the subsequent data
Seen like that, it seems understandable to me. It seemed to me that Christophe presented "life expectancy" as a fixed notion.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 04/02/13, 01:13

Slut,

cuicui re-look at the presentation of the gentleman and you will see that he himself explains that life expectancy is variable and he emphasizes that in our time we are basically about to make a good first move forward (he does not say not for which population;)), and that good for good for a living person in 2030 I cross this first good will be able to make him benefit from the following good due to advances in technology ...

Cqfd, as Ahmed said very well "Life expectancy is a statistical data which only provides what it can"
;)

Obamot how to say uh ??? well i'm afraid i didn't understand everything :) , and I would say I lose you here

"Seen from this angle. But I was thinking above all of the cult and the priest (which science and the doctor have replaced, since the symbolism remains) ..." : Mrgreen:

That said I feel like it speaks to me anyway :) strange strange ...

would I dare say with my words, that the healthy spirit in the healthy body of which you speak is the European religious view truncated from the origin of its deep meaning? and that we are not ready to find following the path established at the present time which 'has only complicated the labyrinth of understanding, separating science, medicine, religions, belief etc etc etc while all is that ???

or something like that :) (I am semi autistic
: Mrgreen: you have to speak to me with concepts and words that I can put into pictures;) ...)

I mean it more like this:

religions never quit medicine;) it is part of it even if it is no longer expressed in it, it is the basis ...
The actors have been replaced, and because of this the language and the ideas around, but in no case the substance ...

We are always and more than ever looking for "The" miracle cure in health too, instead of looking for solutions not to have recourse to remedies ...

As a result, the saying is far from being confirmed for most people, especially if we consider the fact that defining a healthy state of mind is as if it were vague, even quite variable depending on the observer ... ;)

Anyway, I think in the end that I absolutely didn't understand what you wanted to say to me or I understood everything but I don't know yet .... I hesitate :)

Apart from that

"Perhaps the very notion of god in the human imagination is not totally foreign to it (then it's depending on the egg or the chicken ... whether you are a believer, a scientist or whatever -I ...) but we can't avoid that these days. "

where I follow you entirely :)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/02/13, 07:02

Scientists had better improve the quality of life, not the length. : Shock:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 04/02/13, 10:07

lejustemilieu wrote:Scientists had better improve the quality of life, not the length. : Shock:
The two do not seem to me to be incompatible.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 04/02/13, 19:49

Slut,

not incompatible certainly, but is it really necessary;) to add the length, with all that that implies upstream and downstream ...
In the current context, who will benefit from technology first? ;)

Who will control it and for whom? ;)
Who will not see any of this? ;)
and who will live longer so that they can continue to do as they have done since the beginning? ;) huh who is it?

It is the kiki of all the kiki, it is the one who has already put a finger on us and who wants to put our hand (excuse my language but you have to call a spade a spade, this says the image is maybe a not strong;)) ...

Anyway, and if researchers weren't expecting them to do things for us;) ... but that he was mainly concerned with undoing all the shit they've already done, I think there is enough work for quite a while ....

And then imagine the time it will take to successfully change mentalities ... already at the moment it is hard but then with brains old 300 or 400 years or more ???? :) :)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/02/13, 20:49

You ask the question that should arise from this kind of talk!
It is a question of acting only on the consequences by implementing cumbersome procedures reserved for a small minority: on these points, the speaker is hardly talkative! :P

We are therefore, as usual, in the creation of scarcity, where access to health is not obvious but depends entirely on an expensive and sophisticated procedure.

As for immortality, it's pure scientist fantasy, transhumanist version ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/02/13, 21:48

bidouille23 wrote:Slut,

not incompatible certainly , but is it really necessary ;) add the length, with all that implies upstream and downstream ...

"necessary" not chai, but certainly desired. When death comes te seek and ring at ta door, you will say to him: "But come in, I'm ready............ ". Hmmmmmmmmmm just believe it .... : Cry: : Idea: :?:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/02/13, 09:51

Hamed hello
We are therefore, as usual, in the creation of scarcity, where access to health is not obvious but depends entirely on a procedure expensive and sophisticated.

On the contrary health (which we confuse with fight against the disease) is inexpensive, even free. But everything comes from the confusion over the words used. The ministry of health is in fact a ministry of disease since taking care of the sick not those who are not… and who do not need it!
As long as this confusion, this mixture, continues, nobody will understand anything (it's like lifespan and life expectancy!)

Hello hack
We are always and more than ever looking for "The" miracle cure in health too, instead of looking for solutions not to have recourse to remedies ...

Elementary my dear Watson ! Our very mechanistic society, too mechanistic, has separated what was united yesterday by making specialties detached from each other which no longer allow us to grasp the whole. There is a gradual return with so-called holistic and therefore global medicines, which are oriented less towards a miracle cure than towards a change in pathological behavior. The remedy is often only a bandage that is put on the finger which has received a hammer blow, but which does not learn to use it better and therefore to avoid repetitive blows on that finger. Or" the germ is nothing the field is everything »Of Claude Bernard! Health is not due, but capital that everyone manages with more or less happiness, but capital that does not bear fruit over time, on the contrary.

As far as the lifespan of 1000 years is concerned, this is theoretically possible since a cell is almost "immortal" if it is preserved from an aggressive environment and cleared of disassimilation waste. But this is only valid in laboratory conditions, unrealistic on a daily basis, at most we can reduce this self-poisoning by an "ideal" lifestyle and therefore avoid too early deaths (knowing that the "normal" duration of human life is between 120 years and 150 years)
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 05/02/13, 10:50

Ahmed wrote:Life expectancy is a statistical data which provides only what it can and it has certain value only in year x of birth.

Definition of INSEE life expectancy (and life expectancies):
Insee wrote:Life expectancy at birth (or at age 0) represents the average life - in other words the average age at death - of a fictitious generation subject to the mortality conditions of the year. It characterizes mortality independently of the age structure.

It is a special case of life expectancy at age x. This expectation represents, for a given year, the average age at death of individuals of a fictitious generation of age x who would have, at each age, the probability of dying observed that year at the same age.
In other words, it is the average number of years remaining to live beyond this age x (or average survival time at age x), under the age-specific mortality conditions of the year considered.

It is indeed a statistical tool whose understanding is not intuitive ...
0 x