Vacuums: Bosch and Siemens cheat too?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Vacuums: Bosch and Siemens cheat too?

by Christophe » 22/10/15, 10:51

Riding on the VW case, Dyson conducted a small investigation (well, it was probably done before but communication is certainly following the VW / Bosch case): Bosch and Siemens vacuum cleaners would be more powerful than advertised ... and a trick would boost their power (not bieeeen!):

The manufacturer accuses them of lying about the power of their devices: the motor of certain vacuum cleaners (the Q8.0 from Siemens and GL80 / In'Genius ProPerform from Bosch) supposed not to exceed a power of 750 watts according to the labeling , would actually be pushed to over 1.600 watts. Charges, Dyson says, based on independent testing. Worse, the process used would be a little modeled on that of Volkswagen's software. The British company claims that in the absence of dust, the suction requires minimum power. The latter would then rise, thanks to a sensor placed on certain models, when the part to be cleaned is dirtier. “Consumers who buy these machines on the basis of their AAAA energy label are misled,” says the high-end manufacturer.

http://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-servic ... 167893.php
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/10/15, 11:47

Dyson ... On the label they talk about noise pollution ???

I have two dyson at home (one found in waste collection two days after the purchase of the first completely clogged with plaster dust 10 minutes after it returned like new) .... Their noise level is simply unbearable. .

In addition if you do not have a compressor to blow the filters from time to time ... The dyson loses its suction power like its competitors ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/15, 11:51

Exact and as there is no power regulation on the Dyson it is always fully (not sure that in the end it is economical in electricity!)

Christine left with ours but I don't really regret it too much ...

Then price level they go strong !!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/10/15, 11:53

Christophe wrote:Then price level they go strong !!

The price counts can when it is to put in the hands of a woman : Mrgreen:

On the other hand they have a tough temper ... My old neighbor baker in her state took 5 years to kill hers by stuffing it with flour 6 days a week ....
Last edited by Macro the 22 / 10 / 15, 11: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/15, 11:56

Exactly there are more at home!

And the variable AEG at 120 € works better than the Dyson ... well when it is on (rarely :D)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/10/15, 11:59

I am like a cat ... The vacuum cleaner makes me run away ...

I only use it (too rarely for that matter) to pass over this filthy car carpet ...
0 x
Did67

Re: Vacuums: Bosch and Siemens also cheat?

by Did67 » 22/10/15, 15:12

Christophe wrote:
... that in the absence of dust, suction requires minimum power. The latter would then climb, thanks to a sensor placed on certain models, when the part to be cleaned is dirtier ...

At least, this cheat there, it is logical and goes in the right direction: if there is nothing to aspire, that does not aspire to any berzingue for nothing!

Even if it allowed them to scratch an A during the tests, I am not against ...

Because if I understood correctly, that's the catch: the power displayed would be lower than the real one, for questions of energy labels ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Vacuums: Bosch and Siemens also cheat?

by Gaston » 22/10/15, 18:10

Did67 wrote:Because if I understood correctly, that's the catch: the power displayed would be lower than the real one, for questions of energy labels ...
This is all ambiguity: the label is based on maximum power to deduce that the device is economical or not.
As if we said that a 150hp car necessarily consumes more than another 80hp on a given route ...

For the consumer, it would rather be the maximum power (that which allows to extract the dust from the carpet) and the energy consumed for a "normalized" use (well, one NEDC cycle more : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/15, 18:56

Well, it's already standardized, right?

The energy consumption label for household appliances has been around for over 10 years ... and it follows "real" cycles, not just based on maximum consumption (well it seems to me)

For example: for refrigerators, the only "gross" consumption is not enough at all to give its real performance! Volume, quality of insulation, ventilated (or not), thermal regulation ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 23/10/15, 08:21

Christophe wrote:Well, it's already standardized, right?

The energy consumption label for household appliances has been around for over 10 years ... and it follows "real" cycles, not just based on maximum consumption (well it seems to me)
I'm not sure there are "real" cycles ...

But on the label, there are two pieces of information:

1 - the energy efficiency class

Expressed by a letter from A to G according to this hierarchy that we all know now: class A corresponds to vacuum cleaners whose consumption / efficiency ratio calculated according to standardized measures proves to be the best while class G characterizes devices with ratios less advantageous.

Please note that this is a ratio which does not mean that a class A vacuum cleaner consumes less in absolute value than vacuum cleaners of other classes. Its class A only indicates that at equal number of watts consumed it is more efficient!
2 - annual consumption

This, expressed in kWh / year, is calculated on the basis of one hour of weekly use and for an area of ​​87 m2. As such, this indication specifies the average level of electrical consumption.

I am not sure how automatically adapting the required power "fakes" the result.
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"