Does music make you smarter?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Does music make you smarter?

by Christophe » 05/02/13, 17:18

Excerpt from a very interesting report on contributions to the music intellect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Ua_xTWzdo

Damn I don't make music, that means I could be even smarter lol : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/02/13, 17:39

Eh yes.... .

But it's going to be time to get your kid started, right?

I frequent a lot of young musicians (master level and +, including a lot of multi-instrumentalists): they are amazing: they think at the speed of lightning, able to dissociate right hand / left hand, to transpose, to change instrument (so okay), possibly chatting or watching TV! Not to mention their memory!

If there was already only the ability to concentrate, the benefit would already be worth it, because it is greatly lacking in today's children.

BUT ! We must take care of it! It's not enough to send your mustards "to the music": you have to hold on, make them work every day. It is of course easier when at least one of the parents practices an instrument: for the small child, working on his instrument every day is "normal", just like reading for the children of great readers.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/13, 17:40

elephant wrote:But it's going to be time to get your kid started, right?

Yes, especially that he loves it! Already done via ... Youtube and some toys and CDs ... since I am not a musician at all :(
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"