Mendeleev periodic table of elements

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Mendeleev periodic table of elements

by Christophe » 28/01/08, 10:08

Here is a periodic table of the complete elements. It is interesting that the abundance of elements in the universe (I suppose ??) appears (do not ask me how they calculated it ... but the answer interests me). Click to enlarge.

0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 28/01/08, 10:19

I did this a long time ago, Dimitri Ivanovich Mendeleev was a great guy, I'm Baba in front of such a prescience

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tableau_p%C3%A9riodique_des_%C3%A9l%C3%A9ments a écrit : History

In general chemistry, at the beginning of the nineteenth century, the problem that arose for chemists was the classification of the elements. The living or mineral world appears extremely varied and complex. Everywhere, chemists have succeeded in extracting well-defined compounds, which today number in the millions. However, all of these compounds are ultimately made up of a limited number of elements that allows for all these chemical buildings. The chemists noticed analogies between certain elements and had the idea of ​​a classification.

The first real version of the periodic table of the elements, incomplete because all the elements were not yet known, was created by the Russian Dimitri Ivanovich Mendeleev in 1869. A first classification had already been made previously by Lothar Meyer in 1864 but it included only 28 elements, they are classified only by valence alone. Moreover, Meyer did not think of predicting other elements and correcting the atomic weight of the elements from his painting.

Mendeleev noticed that some properties varied periodically with atomic mass. Thus, instead of classifying all the elements on the same column, he classified them on five columns of eighteen elements [1], leaving empty boxes, anticipating that other elements would be discovered later.

In 1913, the classification evolves: one realizes that if one takes into account the chemical properties of the natural elements, the elements must not be classified according to the atomic masses but according to the numbers of load.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/08, 10:45

Yes a genius like many others !! We are little beside ...

But, as Wiki says, the painting was not in its current form at the time of Mendeleev and besides I have never seen it in its "original" form ...Could kk1 have seen a kind of history of this painting?
0 x
Hydraxon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hydraxon » 22/02/08, 15:34

Abundance can be determined by the radiation received from the stars (allows to know their composition) and the understanding of fusion phenomena, I imagine.

For the modifications, it was especially turned upside down when Pauli discovered the principle of exclusion, one finally understood the logic of this table in term of distribution of the electrons.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/02/08, 15:40

Ah yes not con spectral analysis, I had not thought ... so we neglect the abundance of earth ... and we assume that the visible part of the stars of the universe is significant of everything else? Moue admit ...

You see when you want you can bring interesting information ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/08/09, 12:56

I just found a "funny" Mendeleiev painting with some memnotechnical tips:

0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/08/09, 14:18

super pedagogical, but why is Scandium represented by a bicycle? I hardly knew it existed : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/08/09, 14:22

It's not just this example of an everyday object containing a "rare" element that I didn't know! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/08/09, 14:39

For watches it's not bullshit and it was not a little radioactive ... waw ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8kD7XdsIws

: Cheesy: : Shock:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/08/09, 14:59

By the way, do not you sell Geiger at the shop?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^