Brain Functioning: NBIC, Consciousness and Cognitive, Studies, Research, Facts and Mysteries

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/03/13, 13:45

And where classify sensations, feelings, emotions?
in the little box: soul!
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 04/03/13, 13:52

Janic wrote:
And where classify sensations, feelings, emotions?
in the little box: soul!
Knowing that the soul is supposed to survive the body ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/03/13, 14:50

it is only a religious interpretation to justify a survival after death, the real one! It's all about the interpretation of what we put on the word soul. (we did not leave the hostel!) If we refer to the general meaning of the biblical text (and again it depends on the interpretations of the rabbis, priests and consorts) the soul would be what characterizes the personality of a individual, this personality being linked to various organic functions including respiration (the breath of life), death would put an end to it and according to another ecclesiastical biblical text 12-7 " dust to dust as she was and the spirit returns to God who gave it"
FYI Hebrew several different words for what is translated as soul: Neshama, Nefesh, Ruach.
example: http://hebreunet.free.fr/reinc.htm
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 04/03/13, 16:24

Janic wrote:

it is only a religious interpretation to justify a survival after death, the real one! It's all about the interpretation of what we put on the word soul. (we did not leave the hostel!) If we refer to the general meaning of the biblical text (and again it depends on the interpretations of the rabbis, priests and consorts) the soul would be what characterizes the personality of a individual, this personality being linked to various organic functions including respiration (the breath of life), death would put an end to it and according to another ecclesiastical biblical text 12-7 " dust to dust as she was and the spirit returns to God who gave it"
FYI Hebrew several different words for what is translated as soul: Neshama, Nefesh, Ruach.
example: http://hebreunet.free.fr/reinc.htm
What to think of those who claim to have "left their body" by continuing to have visual and auditory sensations (but not olfactory) without physiological support? On the other hand, I have often heard about the trilogy
- Perishable body
- Soul that survives the body, but eventually disappears
- Immortal Spirit ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/03/13, 18:14

What to think of those who claim to have "left their body" by continuing to have visual and auditory sensations (but not olfactory) without physiological support?
I personally have no answer, just like cellular memory. These are the findings without rational explanation, but thought-provoking.
On the other hand, I often heard evoke the trilogy
- Perishable body
- Immortal Spirit ...

again you have to go with tweezers, as there are beliefs accessory thereto. The first (which pleases materialists) is observable by all.
The soul is more difficult because not everyone agrees on what it is. If it is the personality it fades to death as related to organic brain functioning and thus too. But if some interpret as an immaterial essence, closer to the definition of the spirit, this goes especially for Eastern philosophies of reincarnation (not to be confused with the resurrection). Psychologically and morally, this serves to reassure the living on the non unavoidable side of death (disembodied ghost and other kind) especially concerning the death of loved ones, but this raises the problem of psychopaths, not loved at all but in the same situation.
Religions have then invented separation of Gentiles and villains with heaven or hell to the key, which is theologically very credible. When to eventually disappear, it means nothing to me, it comes from where?
immortal spirit: same problem as for the soul. With an immortal human spirit it also raises the question of psychopathic murderers and other nice immortalized in their state? (For what seems to us to be the bad guys who are not entitled to this immortality)
The advantage (at an angle) of the atheist is that he does not ask these questions here, merely the moment of the bet of Pascal often misinterpreted elsewhere.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/03/13, 20:15

Cuicui wrote:What to think of those who claim to have "left their body" by continuing to have visual and auditory sensations (but not olfactory) without physiological support? On the other hand, I have often heard about the trilogy
- Perishable body
- Immortal Spirit ...

The SHC (out of body) are experimenting with everyone, with a little practice.
In my humble knowledge level, I think it is an extraordinary ability of the brain to represent reality in an ultra-realistic dream, but it remains a dream anyway.

However, some claim to be really able to get out of their bodies, and claim to prove it by doing a little verification experiment (ex: ask a friend to write a password that he will place at home, and go to SHC to take "the info").

For the rest if it makes you feel, know that according to general relativity, we sum all eternal, and it is the science that says so!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/03/13, 22:21

Science offers us a well-trivial version of immortality (I dare not speak in this context substitute!), Far from demanding aspirations of some!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 05/03/13, 00:10

Janic wrote: With an immortal human spirit it also raises the question of psychopathic murderers and other nice immortalized in their state? (For what seems to us to be the bad guys who are not entitled to this immortality)
It seems to me that the conception of a psychopath immortalized in his condition is only a religious belief. Others, on the contrary, think that the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are just facets of ourselves, one needing the other to move forward on the path of spirituality.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/03/13, 09:11

It seems to me that the conception of a psychopath immortalized in his condition is only a religious belief. Others, on the contrary, think that the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are just facets of ourselves, one needing the other to move forward on the path of spirituality.
indeed these are only concepts tied to the imagination or, as Hamed said, to aspirations to ...!
In all these cases, it does not appeal to certainties but to expectations. To make a comparison is like a child who aspires to be ... airman, fireman, marry a supermodel, becoming rich, etc ... the past, this is a closed door impassable, some input 'opened with EMI, but no more. And here too materialistic science has no jurisdiction to issue a credible review.
For the rest if it makes you feel, know that according to general relativity, we sum all eternal, and it is the science that says so!
Science can say nothing beyond his competence or when the eternal meaning is not the same for everyone.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/03/13, 13:30

Ahmed wrote:Science offers us a well-trivial version of immortality (I dare not speak in this context substitute!), Far from demanding aspirations of some!

I did not talk about immortality, but eternity.

According to general relativity, we live in a block universe or past, present and future are simultaneous.

Our traditional concept of time is imbued with presentism, in fact we have the impression that the past no longer exists and that the future does not yet exist, as if we were "surfing" on a present wave advancing on nothingness.
This time of printing passes or flowing still wonder many scientific, it would be for many of them a product of consciousness, it is a vast subject ...

Yet presentism is struck by the notion of relative time. Since there is so much time that there are observers in the universe, the idea disappears for itself ...
Indeed how to say in this, as this is already my future or the past of someone else?
The concept of an advancing reality of nothingness so no sense.

In short eternalismPhilosophical concept that stems from the theory of the block universe, introduced the idea that every moment is eternal because frozen in continuum.
So when one dies, you die compared the still living people, themselves already dead relative to future residents.

The consequences of this philosophy, which nevertheless stems from the hard physical is very important because it permettrais, -even if it is not yet proven and remains the domain of empirically to give a theoretical basis explaining the pre- cognition, retro-cognition, synchronicities (which were studied by Wolfgang Pauli, Nobel Prize in Physics in 1945, metempsychosis) etc ...

We are therefore very far from the scientist and "materialist" vision that many people attribute to science.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.

Back to "Science and Technology"