Extraterrestrial life: ancient traces of their presence?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Extraterrestrial life: ancient traces of their presence?

by the middle » 20/12/11, 08:17

Hello,
I just found a series of "reports" which seem serious, when passing through our land, from external visitors.
To see everything, it takes time (hours, I think).
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5m2lk ... el-page-10
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/12/11, 09:16

What gets stuck is the logistics! How many light years away is the first habitable planet? With the most optimistic forecasts it would be necessary to establish a rear base on the last planet of the solar system, and to keep it operational for more than fifty years. We cannot get there indeed, without making a first "chip jump", then afterwards, to reach another solar system, it would take a 40-year journey, with no possibility of return ... Or else it would require capable vessels. to travel nearly a century, self-sufficient in food and fuel, as well as in operational maintenance! I let you imagine the nightmare of such a trip (especially for maintenance teams ...) : Shock: Who signs up to leave ... Not to mention the radiation undergone when the spacecraft will use gravity from the solar systems to use gravity to propel itself further ... Technologically, the unsolved problems of Fukushima, by the way, it must to be a gnognotte ...

If they could have survived, when they returned they would be old people, and on earth time will have passed very, very quickly ... I didn't do the math, but everyone suspects it, by traveling at the speed of light for 80 years, it must represent a few centuries!

The only possible hypothesis: teleportation! But in this case, no need for a spaceship (although ...). CERN would have, it seems, detected the trace of the boson of "x", the one which transforms energy into matter ... The ultimate brick of the universe? What some call "the particle of god" (as the title Times) ... We can always dream that we will one day achieve it ...

So for now .... In terms of feasibility, we can only have trouble considering this hypothesis.

Admitting that this is possible ... What about the "elapsed time" in teleportation VS the "real time" on Earth? Because as long as we "drag" at the speed of light ... : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/12/11, 09:37

I just finished the second video,
It's okay, no questionable theories, just facts, findings, historical research.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/11, 09:49

Sorry LeJuste but I stopped at 1 min and dust when he talks about the big numbers ...

The telescope that would see 4000 billion light years when the Universe is only 13.7 billion years old? I laugh softly ...

Worse then in the following seconds: a nebula placed at ... 18 billion light years photographed by the same telescope? Either I want to, but the following conversion is wrong ...

If 1 light year = 9 * 10 ^ 12 km (which is just about), 18 billion AL ca is certainly not worth 18 * 10 ^ 21 km ... but 16 * 10 ^ 22 km

It doesn't encourage me to continue watching this "documentary" ...

About the observable universe: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers_observable

Since the age of our Universe is some 14 billion years, the light emitted by a star cannot have traveled more than 14 billion years. Consequently, the light coming from the most distant objects that we can detect, at the limit of the observable part of our Universe, will have taken 14 billion years to reach us. During this time the light will have traveled exactly 14 billion light years away and therefore this number conveniently fixes the size of the observable part of our Universe.
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 12 / 11, 09: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/12/11, 09:51

The question is not ", promisingNor "Why"But"how to"! : Cheesy:

But of course, science fiction is exciting!
Last edited by Obamot the 20 / 12 / 11, 09: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/11, 09:53

lejustemilieu wrote:I just finished the second video,
It's okay, no questionable theories, just facts, findings, historical research.

You're hurting yourself ... if the facts are as false as the figures announced in the first minutes ... this video is good for the trash! : Cheesy:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 20/12/11, 09:59

Obamot wrote: Because as long as we "drag" at the speed of light ... : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

Is it logical to assume that civilizations that could be millions of years ahead of us are only at our technological level and that they have not solved the technical problems that you raise?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 20/12/11, 10:01

Christophe wrote:During this time the light will have traveled exactly 14 billion light years away and therefore this number conveniently fixes the size of the observable part of our Universe.

I wonder how to know how far the light that reaches us now has gone.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/12/11, 10:06

[Joke] Yeah, imagine that a "big bastard" like me thought about it (!) : Cheesy:

Still, I just lost five pounds, hahahaha .... [joke OFF mode]

We can start from the principle that we can solve technical questions, but not "space-time". For now ... and for a long time (forever) it's irremovable. Let me explain.

So we may be able to make very long trips and solve all the logistical questions ... by finding new intelligent materials, capable of "self-repairing" in zero gravity or whatever ... (why not, after all ...) or very short with teleportation ... But time spent in different time spaces, no. For now, and according to the laws of physics, as they stand from Newton to Einstein until today, it's as if we wanted to pass through the Sun without getting burned!

My little finger tells me that in a million years, 1 hour of terrestrial time, will always be an hour of terrestrial time ...
Last edited by Obamot the 20 / 12 / 11, 10: 10, 1 edited once.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 20/12/11, 10:09

Christophe wrote:Sorry LeJuste but I stopped at 1 min and dust when he talks about the big numbers ...
The telescope that would see 4000 billion light years when the Universe is only 13.7 billion years old? I laugh softly ...]

The commentator does seem to get confused by the numbers. He claims a range of 4 billion light years for this telescope, which seems correct. But for galaxy photos, I guess you have to understand "millions" and not billions.
The origin of the legend of "gods from heaven" seems to me to be well illustrated and may interest those who are new to the subject.
Last edited by Cuicui the 20 / 12 / 11, 10: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x