Can an airplane on a conveyor belt take off? (resolved)

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: EELV controversy on aviation and children's dreams (Mayor of Poitiers)

by Macro » 11/05/21, 19:21

Christophe wrote:Finally, Obamounet, your case is more serious than I thought ... The others will judge ...

Shall we put him on vacation for 48 hours? I think he needs it ... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Now that you have a cocked hat on your head ... it's you who has the power ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/05/21, 19:37

Christophe, I can do nothing more for you!
2 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 11/05/21, 19:39

Christophe wrote:Finally, Obamounet, your case is more serious than I thought ... The others will judge ...

Shall we put him on vacation for 48 hours? I think he needs it ... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

I (really) think that if there is one who has GRAND need a vacation, it's you my good Totophe ...
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/05/21, 20:12

Ahmed wrote:Christophe, I can do nothing more for you!

Nan nan nan too easy, so I insist ... explain to us how the airplane can gain air speed on a motorized moving ground (a kind of negative friction then?) ... the principle of action reaction does not work not since the belt and the free wheels (wheels finally motorized by the belt: is not this the flaw in your reasoning?) permanently cancel out the momentum provided by the reaction force.

Because it's like on the video of perplex: the speed of the belt is such that it permanently cancels the taxiing speed of the plane ... except for losses ... hence the slight decline. I am also quite surprised that he does not move back faster :) the guy made a nice cut!

So really I insist ... for my education ... and am not the only one who needs it but there is too much pride in the area : Cheesy: and I'm not talking about susceptibility : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Otherwise I would wait for the opinion of ABC ... where is it elsewhere?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/05/21, 20:17

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:

I (really) think that if there is one who has GRAND need a vacation, it's you my good Totophe ...

It is true that you tire me with your childishness! What is there : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Because searching, as usual, for the past contradictions of others in order to camouflage your own faults is a bit lame ... and indeed filthy! : Cheesy:

The worst part is that in this subject I had the same general opinion as him ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/05/21, 20:58

Since you insist ...
You say:
... the principle of reaction action does not work, since the belt and the free wheels (wheels finally motorized by the belt: is not this the flaw in your reasoning?) permanently cancel out the momentum provided by the reaction force.

My reasoning, my reasoning, do you know what he's telling you? :P : Wink:
The wheels are not motorized, but driven at carpet speed without interacting with the aircraft: their only action is to focus attention on this particular point to "smear" the error reader. The bias of your reasoning is to think that the action of the carpet on the wheels causes the plane to recoil, while it only induces rotation of the wheels only. The wheels constitute a neutral support (except for friction) ...
In the case of the second video, the power transmitted by the wheels roughly counterbalances the drive in the opposite direction, which is quite different. The reactor can increase its thrust by operating independently of the environment (it would work without the atmosphere if it were provided with oxidizer).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 11/05/21, 22:53

To conclude, I think it's clear: If the plane doesn't move because a conveyor belt compensates for its thrust, then it will never be able to take off.
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/05/21, 23:47

Cépafo .... Unless ..... The pilot lifts the trains .... At the right time to get rid of the back push of the carpet ...... And then thinking about it well ... J ' I saw videos of small planes with strong lift .... which took off in reverse in a strong headwind ... Like some paragliders from the top of a simple beach dune ... But these cannot be -Be more paragliders, those discipline has perhaps another name ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 12/05/21, 00:02

Macro wrote:Cépafo .... Unless .....

But there is no "unless". All this is only theoretical, the conveyor belt does not exist, no more than the plane ... the statement is simple, the answer too. No need to take the cabbage!
Although ... if the pilot is drunk .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/21, 00:38

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:To conclude, I think it's clear: If the plane doesn't move because a conveyor belt compensates for its thrust, then it will never be able to take off.

Isn't this my first solution and what I've been trying to say since before? Except that Flytox made me doubt ... the doubt is the reason not?

Ahmed's bias is to believe that there is no power that goes through the wheels ...

This reasoning only holds because it considers a mass on the wheels zero... and this is only valid just before takeoff! So impossible to reach: the plane remains stationary because the conveyor belt compensates for the full power of the engines ... so it cannot take off.

Place a bicycle on a treadmill:

Without any force applied to the bike, it will move with the mat ... it's good that the treadmill provides power to the bike ...

If you want to keep the bike in place, you will have to apply a constant pushing force (directly or while pedaling) ... the greater the force the faster the belt ... and the greater the mass of the bike. .like on the road : Cheesy:

At zero mass, the power transmitted by the belt becomes zero and the bicycle will move forward by applying a thrust to it, but only at zero mass. Zero mass = when takeoff lift is reached which is not possible without reaching a certain speed ...

I'm tired : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"