Everything is not relative: faster than light neutrinos

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/09/11, 13:17

It is not a questioning, but very small corrections, probably quantum and the journalists distort everything !!

It is easy to understand that measuring speed with rather fuzzy trains 1000 times longer than the small speed variation measured is very easily with possible errors. Fuzzy, because neutrinos are almost invisible and undetectable.

Titling relativity is called into question is false !!!
They do not measure a double speed or 10 times that of light !!

In the tunnel effect, we observe strange effects much faster than light, them well understood in quantum mechanics, which is faster than light as long as there is no transmission of information and energy real, faster than light (collapse of the wave function of billions and billions of times faster than light, on the scale of the universe) !!!!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 01/10/11, 16:02

dedeleco wrote:They do not talk about the relativistic corrections of the fact that the starting frame of reference is not at the same speed as that of arrival (the earth rotates at around 40000Km / 24h on its surface, with therefore different speed orientations).
This value deserves to be indicated ?????

The very principle of relativity indicates that even if you move at the speed of light in a train which itself travels at the speed of light, well you are not going faster than light.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/10/11, 16:37

Clearly my sentence is too short !!!!
Partial indirect measurements can be distorted and give a false figure !!
Speed ​​measurement requires separate distance and time measurement, which introduces possible sources of error.
The transmitter and the receiver are not exactly in the same repository therefore not with the same clock, contrary to the quoted sentence !!
With the paradox of twins, if you go back and forth very quickly, close to the speed of light, (still as inaccessible), the one who has traveled ages much less quickly than the one who waits for his return, and therefore if we take the slower clock of the one who travels (even a little, as if not paying attention to the non-unique frame of reference), we can find a speed higher than that of light !!
You have to be careful to be very consistent, otherwise possible errors !!
0 x
Fakir
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Fakir » 02/10/11, 16:27

indy49 wrote:
dedeleco wrote:They do not talk about the relativistic corrections of the fact that the starting frame of reference is not at the same speed as that of arrival (the earth rotates at around 40000Km / 24h on its surface, with therefore different speed orientations).
This value deserves to be indicated ?????

The very principle of relativity indicates that even if you move at the speed of light in a train which itself travels at the speed of light, well you are not going faster than light.

This remark reminds me of a relativistic problem from my youth.

“I am quietly sitting on a stool in a bar at the Lunar Orbital Station and watching through the space bay a ship passing at the speed of light (c) minus 1 meter per second. And I am able ( yes I am very good ...) to see the pilot who throws a ball in the direction of the vessel at 2 m / s.
How fast I see the ball!
In fact the answer is very simple: At the same speed as the ship. For me the scene is frozen and the ball suspended in the air of the ship. The closer you get to the speed of light, the more time passes slowly to be frozen at the speed of light. This concept of temporal expansion is easily demonstrated by atomic clocks mounted on aircraft.
In my previous example, the study repositories are not the same clock!
If you move in a train at the speed of light (-1) which itself moves at the speed of light compared (-1) to the observer who is on the platform, this same observer will see you ( I do not do the calculations ...) at C-0.99 approximately.
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 12/10/11, 23:43

So I will add an idea like this:

What if the neutrino went through a wormhole that made it happen earlier than expected?
It is indisputable that the wormholes exist and that their lifespan is extremely short.
So if this is verified, it risks lifting the veil on one of the greatest mysteries of the universe: the existence of dark matter!
And yes imagine trillards of neutrinos which go back in time without stop, that makes all the same a considerable (dark) energy which is released, this allowing the accelerated expansion of the whole universe!
And I'm not talking about the fact that each time a neutrino goes back in time there is a phenomenon of "multiplication" by Larsen effect, suddenly the mass of this dark matter increases constantly ...
Besides, that's why we can't detect it ...

So pure SF or reality?
: Cheesy:

And I add something: It is about 20 minutes and not 20 cm ...
Simply because the two detectors are at a fixed distance from each other and therefore that if the neutrino stops 20 cm from the detector, well the latter detects nothing, simple common sense.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 24/11/11, 16:44

By the way, did you hear that the CNRS would repeat the experiment and renew the conclusion? (I heard this recently on the radio, but I can't find the info via google)
At first, I was fairly neutral (it could very well be a publicity stunt to obtain a budget), but confirmation suggests that it is quite serious.
We don't repeat the same April Fool twice, do we?
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 24/11/11, 17:06

Hello, I heard about it.
on France inter in 'head to square show (replayable in podcast)
on the other hand it is between the emission of last Friday and that of yesterday.
a + claude
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 23/02/12, 09:55

When the GPS is badly connected, neutrinos go faster than light:

http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2 ... r=RSS-3208

:D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/02/12, 10:54

+1

Neutrinos: The time would be wrong!

"According to a source close to the experience", the neutrinos who seemed to have beaten the light in September 2011 would have simply benefited from a bad connection between a GPS and a computer. Incredible, unthinkable. Such a gross error would therefore be the source of one of the most thundering results of research in physics for several decades. 5 months ago, therefore, the scientists of the Opera experiment played to us the great air of the questioning of one of the pillars of modern physics, established by Einstein more than a century ago: the unsurpassable nature of the speed of light, a theory that no experience had hitherto called into question. However, the neutrinos, mysterious particles which, according to the latest news, have a mass, would have exceeded this speed (300 km / s) over the 000 km of their journey between CERN Geneva and the laboratory of Gran Sasso in Italy. We knew nothing could stop neutrinos. But from there to exceed the speed of light by moving, in addition, in the earth's crust ... Many physicists then almost swallowed their hats or lost their Latin. And hundreds of them began to cogitate to find an explanation. This headache has given rise to a multitude of scientific publications. And consumed a considerable amount of energy and time.

Faulty fiber optic connection between a GPS and a computer

(...)

http://blog.slate.fr/globule-et-telesco ... rait-faux/
0 x