Nettle manure recipe: interests and benefits

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Nettle manure recipe: interests and benefits

by Christophe » 19/09/06, 16:33

Here is a little summary about nettle manure according to different gardening advice sites that I found:

General definition:

Nettle manure is a natural repellent for aphids and mites and also serves as a fertilizer.

It stimulates growth, strengthening the plant's natural defenses. It can be used also in prevention against certain plant diseases. The purine d'orie also serves to reinvigorate trees suffering from deficiencies or blocked by the earth.

Finally, it is an accelerator decomposing compost.

The purine is obtained by fermentation whose duration is dependent on the temperature. It is rich in nitrogen, minerals, vitamins and trace elements.

The first of its merits is above all to be a natural product with a double use (fertilizer and repellent), at a time when synthetic products are invading our gardens!

Manufacturing and ingredients:

The best time for the preparation of nettle manure is mid-April and then September.

Rinse 1 kg of nettles (before they are seeded) and without roots or flowers, then chop them into small pieces in 10 liters of water (preferably rain).

The dosage is about 10L of water for 1 to 1,5 kilogram of fresh nettles (or by 100 to 150 grams of dry nettles).

Put it all in a plastic container (or wood but especially not metal as possible pollution of manure and fermentation by some metals). Cover the tray.

Let 3-4 macerate for about 18 at 20 ° C for use as a repellent.

Let 15 macerate 18 days at 20 ° C for use as fertilizer.

During maceration, be sure to mix all 2 to 3 days. As long as small bubbles appear when you brew, it is that the fermentation is not completed. It lasts from one to 2 weeks depending on the ambient temperature (faster if it is hot). Depending on the region, some witnesses of the smooth progress of the transformation appear: they are small white worms with a sting. At this point, it is ready for use.

Leave it in a corner outside because the smell is rather unpleasant.

For a phytosanitary use, filter, using an old fabric for example, the contents of the filter is to put in the compost (that will accelerate the composting). The dosage depends on the use (see below). Be careful the nettle manure is aggressive with the skin, handle with care.

Use Case

1) General Tips

a) Attention, the product obtained is very concentrated! Handle with care.
b) Avoid distribution to flowering plants, as its high nitrogen content will favor foliage at the expense of flowering.
c) Therefore prefer its use during the spring when the vegetation restarts or after fruiting or flowering to help the plants to rebuild their reserves before winter.

2) Uses and Dosages.

Filtration (depends on the application mode):
a) With an arosoir: coarse filtration (old sock)
b) With a sprayer, fine filtration required (finer mesh fabric)
c) For preservation: a fine filtration is necessary (in order to stop the fermentation)

Application and uses:

a) Against plant pests: dilute with rainwater 2 liters of manure for 10 liters of water: as a spray on the ground against fungal diseases - fungi, algae, lichens - like mildew.
b) Against animal insects and parasites: dilute 1 liter of manure for 10 to 20 liters of water depending on the concentration of the parasites. Spray finely on the leaves, useful mainly against aphids.
c) Fertilizer use as a growth promoter: 2 dilution liter of manure for 10 liters of water, water your plants every 15 days at the beginning of the season, thanks to the richness in mineral salts.
d) The manure also serves to reinvigorate trees with deficiencies or blocked by the earth. Take the following steps: prepare your manure after the September harvest. Diluted on 1 for 10. Draw on the ground a circle of the circumference equal to the crown formed by the largest branches of the tree. make a hole of 20 at 30 cm, every meter, following the circle and pour in some manure for 1 months, then every 15 days until winter.
e) Compost activator: use pure (filtration is not necessary in this case).

conservation:

Nettle manure, well filtered, can be kept cool for nearly a year in the garage or in the basement sheltered from the light in sealed bottles to prevent fermentation from returning.
Last edited by Christophe the 01 / 02 / 09, 15: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/06, 16:40

Where are we now?
0 x
lug
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Nettle of nettles

by lug » 26/10/06, 17:57

I am also very good (excellent)

So we apply civil disobedience, it's excellent!
lug
0 x
for our children, let them cleaner air and land without waste
Polo
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Polo » 01/11/06, 16:04

hop all in sheet !! Offenders you are not ashamed !!! censor me this site as soon as possible!
0 x
"I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free" Nikos kazansakis
solaircool
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

addition

by solaircool » 27/12/06, 13:57

for potatoes excellent for dorriforts they are ko

when has the white nettle call spinach of the poor excellent to eat

to have a good holiday to everyone
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 27/12/06, 22:57

And, uh ... to replenish baldness balding and probably soon galloping, it works ???? :?: : Oops:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: add

by Cuicui » 28/12/06, 12:14

solaircool wrote:when has the white nettle call spinach of the poor excellent to eat

Hello Solaircool,
White nettle, is it the white cutthroat? It does not sting. The flowers are used to make herbal tea. But spin, I do not know, I did not try.
On the other hand, the common stinging nettle is delicious in any season, including when it blooms, in soup or spinach, with potatoes. But not the stalks (sticks) leathery.
0 x
solaircool
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Yes

by solaircool » 28/12/06, 13:33

yes the white nettle does not sting and is a delice as full of plants that are in the countryside destroyed by the mechanical machines

for the nettle manure in the same order of ideas the middle ages did the same thing with the hazel that is called the hazel who works miracles for the quenching of the chisels, false, all that is sharp and the cherry on the cake, in the ponds and reservoirs, when winter very cold put a bundle of hazel and ice can not take in full
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 30/05/11, 11:39

The nettle is indeed the friend of the gardener but it is not his only quality, far from it. To make it known a little better, and in particular its culinary virtues, a small but sturdy book on the subject:

http://www.conservation-alimentaire.com/23-livres
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 30/05/11, 13:25

This question will sound stupid but, at the end of the process, it looks like what?
I know this question is silly ...
Because when I hear purine, I think of a dark green mash, but as it is filtering, finally it comes in what form?
0 x