Help for getting started in 3D printing Elegoo Neptune 3

Forum dedicated to 3D printing: 3D printing technologies (fdm, lcd, sla ...), hardware, software, slicers, settings, use, database, model exchange, tips and tricks, optimization, exchange of experiences...
SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Help for getting started in 3D printing Elegoo Neptune 3

by SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN » 05/11/22, 01:36

I found this help, I will try tomorrow.

thanks and good night
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/22, 09:43

Uh you turn on Windows XP or what? : Mrgreen: : Shock:

Meshmixer I installed it on several machines without any problem...

I used it recently to simulate streamlined trailer shapes: self-construction-and-do-it-yourself/renovation-and-aerodynamic-improvement-of-a-closed-trailer-bpw-t17276.html
0 x
SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN » 05/11/22, 09:59

Hello, I followed all these instructions and the problem persists. I'm stuck, I sent the error report to Autodesk
0 x
SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN » 05/11/22, 10:03

It's windows 7 in 64 bits with sp1 and mesh v3.5 64b (seen in the xml report)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/22, 10:06

In FDM printing, the quality of the print depends on the printer (Elegoo is of the right brand so the neptune should work well...I have a Mars Elegoo in SLA resin) but also and above all the filament quality...

I melted a few kg of coils and I can tell you that it's the jungle (to be polite)...

For example, 2 reels from the same manufacturer, ordered from the same place, you don't necessarily have the same print quality... : Mrgreen: : Shock: : Evil: it really is the thing to tear your hair out!!!

I made a topic about it: 3d-printers / test-best-filaments-3d-printers-2020-pla-pla-tpu-petg-carbon-t16592.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/22, 10:08

SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN wrote:It's windows 7 in 64 bits with sp1 and mesh v3.5 64b (seen in the xml report)

Ah I was not far !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

The 7 is just after Xp if I remember correctly...

Windows 7 is starting to date...it's been years since they've been updated...You should think about doing an update, right?

Meshmixer site says current version works with win 7? Otherwise you have to try to find old versions of Meshmixer (no idea if it existed at the time of Win 7)...

First of all yes: https://www.meshmixer.com/download.html

Try older versions...3.0 for example?
0 x
SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN » 05/11/22, 10:24

At first I was interested in the SLA process but I'm a beginner and it scared me a little, post UV curing, cleaning, handling the resin etc.

I will look at the topo on the filaments, and I saw on a forum that to avoid breakage, someone preheated with a 20W halogen, and as I rarely turn on the radiator in this room it will probably be a good idea, but already I have to manage to draw a room
0 x
SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN » 05/11/22, 10:29

The error message does not indicate version incompatibility, it says "Error accessing UPI repository in the 64-bits registry" and I searched for this msg via google without success.

My 2 daily pc are one with XP SP2, fast, the other with W7, slower, greedy in memory. I tried the 8, even worse, and the 10 even more.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/22, 11:03

SENIOR ELECTRONICIAN wrote:At first I was interested in the SLA process but I'm a beginner and it scared me a little, post UV curing, cleaning, handling the resin etc.

I will look at the topo on the filaments, and I saw on a forum that to avoid breakage, someone preheated with a 20W halogen, and as I rarely turn on the radiator in this room it will probably be a good idea, but already I have to manage to draw a room

The choice in SLA and FDM does not depend on the complexity but on what you want to do with it...

If it's for DIY, given your nickname, I think FDM is more suitable.

But it's more difficult to get a good print with FDM than SLA...in other words: it's more difficult to adjust (depending on the filament) to get a correct result...but as I just told you say it: it's not because you found good settings that they will be valid with another identical coil!! : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

In my life as a maker, I have used 3 FDMs (I have 2 left) and 2 SLAs (I have one left)...
0 x

Go back to "3D printers and 3D print: machines and technologies, hardware, software, use and optimization"