Printer 3D [general debate interests technologies]

Forum dedicated to 3D printing: 3D printing technologies (fdm, lcd, sla ...), hardware, software, slicers, settings, use, database, model exchange, tips and tricks, optimization, exchange of experiences...
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/02/13, 20:53

A 3D printer model the Cube 3D Home for the home soon at home?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... su5MC2PtMI

http://hiconsumption.com/2013/02/cube-3d-home-printer/

The design team at 3D Systems is back again as they prepare the sequel to their first 3D printer, and introduce the latest Cube 3D Home Printer.

3D printers have become all the rage over the last few months, so you can expect companies to allocate plenty of resources to developing a practical 3D home printing device. The problem thus far has been making these things at an affordable price, but things are definitely looking better with the Cube. The concept is simple. The lightweight, 8.5 pounds, printer will allow you to print literally anything you want with the help of print software of course. As we previously mentioned, the price point is still creeping closer, but still no cigar. The Cube 3D Printer will set you back about $ 1,300 if you pre-order now from their online store. See this bad boy in action below.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 07/02/13, 21:10

Good evening, this is what scientists have managed to do with a 3D printer http://www.gizmodo.fr/2013/02/05/scient ... uches.html in a few years no more need to find organ donors
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/02/13, 11:05

Impressive

Here are products between 1000 and 1600 $ (750 and 1190 €)
http://www.up3dusacart.com/storefront/

0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 08/02/13, 17:34

Christophe wrote:A 3D printer model the Cube 3D Home for the home soon at home?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... su5MC2PtMI

http://hiconsumption.com/2013/02/cube-3d-home-printer/

Ah, the cube of 3D systems ... if it had a price for the most closed 3D printer, it would have it for sure!
The cartridges are sold at a prohibitive price and are of course chips. therefore, it is not possible to rewind it yourself with cheaper wire bought elsewhere.
This system, which has proven effective on inkjet printers, is applied here on a 3D printer. I guess it's inevitable for a consumer printer.
But 3D systems goes further, they also require a mandatory activation of the printer via the internet before they can use it! :
http://www.deelip.com/?p=7572
I see no good reason to explain this.

PS: if you want to have a laugh too, look at the price of the spare parts, $ 99 for a glass plate which must be 15cmx15cm : Shock:
0 x
Laurie Dubois
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Laurie Dubois » 08/02/13, 18:08

Petrus said:

probably 2 reasons:

establish a contact with the customer to advertise, in particular to try to sell you consumable direct: always that of benefit which will not go in the pocket of the reseller : Mrgreen:

I guess they don't really want their software copied.

In any case, as with all new products: it is urgent to wait.

In 1978-79, salon VHSs cost 8000 francs (= 1300 euros, to multiply at least by 2,5), cassettes (25 euros, also to multiply by 2,5). At the end of commercial life, we had reached 150 euros, 3 euros for cassettes

Once the real challenge has been overcome: providing software that can be easily used by the general public, it will become more accessible.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/13, 10:38

Agree with Laurie, the Hi Tech novelty is always very expensive (but less and less expensive compared to our standard of living, we agree ...).

Personally I still find it difficult to understand the interest of 3D printers for the general public ...

As much as they are interesting for designers or designers in design ... as much for the general public this seems to me, for the moment, only as a gadget ... intended to make some trinkets to show to his friends (but who probably come back 10 to 100 times more expensive than in stores ...) and at best toys (conform ???) for their children ...
0 x
Laurie Dubois
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Laurie Dubois » 09/02/13, 17:06

It is not only the poor Europeans in the general public ...

We have done miracles to be able to play with computers assembled at 200 euros under Linux or XP pirate, but there are people for whom a portable Mac at 1500-2000 euros, it is quite natural.

Graphic arts or industrial design students, future engineers, architects, artists: the market for those who will take the plunge already exists.

I don't give 3 years for "knowing how to use such a program to create 3D models" to be on some job advertisements.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/13, 23:04

Laurie Dubois wrote:I don't give 3 years for "knowing how to use such a program to create 3D models" to be on some job advertisements.

QED ...

Christophe wrote:As much as they are interesting for designers or BE in design
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 10/02/13, 13:27

Laurie Dubois wrote:probably 2 reasons:

establish a contact with the customer to advertise, in particular to try to sell you consumable direct: always that of benefit which will not go in the pocket of the reseller : Mrgreen:

I guess they don't really want their software copied.

The code must be entered into the printer, so it does not protect the software. 3D systems seems to want to link each machine to a customer account, certainly to implement DRMs in paid files to download from their site. By doing this, they show their willingness to imprison the customer in their own ecosystem. Hey, that reminds me of the policy of another company with a fruit logo, moreover they also do their "patent troll" to slow down troublesome competitors: http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/21/3d-sys ... promotion/

Christophe wrote:Personally I still find it difficult to understand the interest of 3D printers for the general public ...

As much as they are interesting for designers or designers in design ... as much for the general public this seems to me, for the moment, only as a gadget ... intended to make some trinkets to show to his friends (but who probably come back 10 to 100 times more expensive than in stores ...) and at best toys (conform ???) for their children ...

The pros have long used 3D printing. What changes is that this technology is now becoming accessible to individuals. For DIY enthusiasts and modellers this is a great tool, but indeed, if the user does not master CAD software it is just a gadget to print stuff from downloaded files, which greatly reduces the utility of the machine.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/13, 13:47

Petrus wrote:For DIY enthusiasts and modellers this is a great tool,

Yes, provided that the physical properties of the material used by the printer are compatible ... what else? A polymer plastic certainly but which one?
0 x