Printer 3D [general debate interests technologies]

Forum dedicated to 3D printing: 3D printing technologies (fdm, lcd, sla ...), hardware, software, slicers, settings, use, database, model exchange, tips and tricks, optimization, exchange of experiences...
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 04/07/13, 23:23

I watched the episode for fun, and well for a series that has forensic science backgrounds, it lacks a lot of scientific rigor precisely.
The killer's revolver is printed with a printer that prints by melting a powder made of metal and epoxy with a laser (I knew this technique, but not with metal / epoxy powder). The printer used in the lab is totally different, it is a Stratasys dimension that prints in ABS plastic. It works on the same principle as Christophe's Reprap or Wellman.
Printing assemblies is possible, since the printer used also prints a soluble material which serves as a support, but you have to pass the part in a chemical bath, it does not come out completely clean from the printer.

The shot of the screen full of weird formulas that didn't give a damn was good fun too. And then we were treated to examples of use in industry and medicine followed by the good old "guns are dangerous so if everyone can print them, where are you going my brave lady?"

It’s the first time I’ve watched an episode of the experts, well I didn’t miss anything, it’s just a discount series, I thought it would be more interesting.

PS: In my last post, I did not think of the states but of those who sell us at golden prices objects made in China for a bite of bread. Why always hit the puppets? You have to target those who pull the strings.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/07/13, 23:29

Surfeurseb wrote:What are the useful and functional objects that you might want to print in 3D?

For DIY enthusiasts, inventors and all those who are creative, the possibilities are ... endless!

For the average user, this can actually amount to "trinkets" ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/07/13, 23:33

Petrus wrote:PS: In my last post, I did not think of the states but of those who sell us at golden prices objects made in China for a bite of bread. Why always hit the puppets? You have to target those who pull the strings.

A little cliché all the same ... it may have been 10 or 15 years ago ... but now China is much cheaper ...

Go for a ride on alibaba.com ou www.madeinchina.com sometimes there are the prices which are indicated ... to compare with those which you see here ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/07/13, 02:11

this printer can do much more than trinkets!

all the electronic gadget case impossible to reassemble when it is necessary to break them to open and repair, can be redone a little bigger to have the place to put real screws

also good for remaking boxes made for batteries too small, a little bigger to put more practical batteries

the pla makes beautiful decorative pieces, the abs makes pieces more solid, but there is more deformation: the first piece is not always the right one, the program must be corrected

I dream of a 3D printer that would accept polyamide: wire from brushcutter to son! but apparently it doesn't exist yet

it could also make auto parts! not important parts, but all the small plastic boring to find
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 05/07/13, 17:02

For DIYers who master 3D drawing software, it's great for making custom boxes, gears ...

But for non-DIYers, I don't see the point of having one, if it's for printing trinkets, we can have them printed in better quality and in color by a 3D printing service. request.

Regarding more exotic printable materials than ABS and PLA, there is nylon, polycarbonate, PLA soft (a kind of rubber), LAYWOO-D3 (imitation wood)
0 x
turbi
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

pirate

by turbi » 05/07/13, 18:56

Hello...
It's not bad all that ... But what should we think of this pirate3d.com?
Yves
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/07/13, 21:18

the machine proposed by christophe is at a price quite correct and comes from a trustworthy manufacturer

you can always order cheaper on this site ... but at your own risk
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 06/07/13, 15:18

I can't wait to see the first deliveries of this Buccaneer, there are good ideas (spool of wire on the top, movement system) but I don't understand their strategy. They clearly target Apple customers (closed design, wireless communication to control it with an Itruc) ie people who can slam more than 600 € on a phone, so why sell their 3D printer so inexpensive? Will they be able to meet expectations for print quality or will they have to sacrifice mechanical precision to recoup their costs?

As for their drawing software, lol, it will quickly become boring to print vases and mushrooms :)
In my opinion, a good part of these printers will be used to impress friends before ending up in a cupboard to collect dust. There may be a way to do something about it, modify the electronics to make it work with open source reprap software, but only if the mechanics hold up.
0 x
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 06/07/13, 23:02

Petrus wrote:In my opinion, a good part of these printers will be used to impress friends before ending up in a cupboard to collect dust.

Ok, this is an extraction, it changes a little the meaning of what Petrus meant.
By cons, it meets my opinion, all brands of 3D printer combined.

: Mrgreen:
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Printer 3D

by moinsdewatt » 13/07/13, 13:26

Thanks to 3D printing, the good old plaster becomes modern

By Mickaël, 01 July 2013

Breaking your arm is already painful. But it is even more necessary to support a plaster, large, thick, awkward, and which does not smell very good after a while. Fortunately, 3D printing has arrived.

Jake Evill, freshly released from the University of Wellington, imagined a new type of plaster called Cortex, which combines the advantages. Not only is it light, airy, and practical (you can hide it under a shirt and take a shower with it), but it also adapts perfectly to the injury of its user. Thanks to 3D printing, it is indeed possible to manufacture “plasters” for single use, from a 3D scan of the arm of the injured person.

The volume of nylon, the material used for the Cortex, is denser at the level of the wound. On the other hand, we will have to mourn the little words from my friends on his arm. The Cortex unfortunately only exists as a project at the moment.

http://www.journaldugeek.com/2013/07/01 ... e-moderne/
0 x