Printer 3D [general debate interests technologies]

Forum dedicated to 3D printing: 3D printing technologies (fdm, lcd, sla ...), hardware, software, slicers, settings, use, database, model exchange, tips and tricks, optimization, exchange of experiences...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/13, 12:02

Yes for software exchange !!

She will use this kind of open source software!

Christophe wrote:Free 3D printer driver software: http://www.repetier.com/

And a 3D printer self-construction "community": http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/13, 13:20

Interesting article on 3D printing: http://www.rue89.com/2012/10/17/revolut ... cle-236194

Revolution: the 3D printer, the steam engine of the XNUMXst century?

From a file, the 3D printer allows (almost) anyone to create an object. An innovation that can turn everything upside down. Here are 7 essential questions.

With what technology can one easily manufacture, in any corner of the world and for a small fee, children's orthopedic weapons and prostheses?

Answer: 3D printing.

Imagine a traditional printer, which adds plastic layer by layer until it forms a real object, in three dimensions. It is controlled by a computer which "reads" a simple file containing the model of a 3D object.

Initially very expensive, this thirty-year-old technology was previously used in industry, to quickly make prototypes.

For some time now, 3D printers have become accessible: prices start at 400 euros and, for a good thousand euros, you can afford a good quality machine.

Mix it with digital, which allows you to easily exchange and create object plans, and you get what looks like a small revolution.

A revolution which is not without raising many questions.

(...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/13, 19:00

Finally I made the file faster than expected: I present to you Velleman K3 8200D printer it's pre-order. The price is not yet definitively fixed but it will be less than 900 €, see 800 € ...

Available for fall 2013!

It prints in PLA and ABS. Size 20x20x20 cm.

Now to discuss software and find databases of opensource objects :)

This will be my "mission" for the summer ... since the printer is fully OpenSource oriented!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/07/13, 19:55

we saw one on television last night in the experts ... to print a real revolver ... which fired a bullet to kill someone and exploded with the second bullet

the height of absurdity is that it prints the whole revolver all assembled! not even need to mount it
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/13, 20:03

In the experts, without assembly .... ah yes of course !! It is on that it is reality ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

On the other hand, yes, as said above in this subject, there are "plans" to make guns with 3D printers ...

See Youtube ... I'm not promoting this kind of applications !! : Evil:
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 03/07/13, 23:44

chatelot16 wrote:we saw one on television last night in the experts ... to print a real revolver ... which fired a bullet to kill someone and exploded with the second bullet

the height of absurdity is that it prints the whole revolver all assembled! not even need to mount it

I have not seen, but it smells good the fantasy of the undetectable gun printed in a few minutes, already loaded and ready to fire. All this to scare and legitimize the regulation of the 3D printer market.

We have already seen it in the media, when it talks about 3D printers it is to scare people with guns, sometimes we talk about it positively for the industry or the medical sector.
The message is that 3D printers are good as long as they are in the hands of professionals, but it is important that not everyone can have one.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/13, 23:49

Petrus wrote:but it is especially important that not everyone can have one.

... that's good because it will soon change thanks to this not very expensive 3D printer model ! : Mrgreen:

But it is clear that the States will have a shortfall on VAT, import taxes ... if "everyone" begins to manufacture their own objects instead of importing them from China and buying them that will do less value added therefore taxes and levies ...

Then do not enter the paranoid ... because it will take decades before the States feel something if they feel something one day !!

Do not worry, they will feel the debt blunder much faster ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/07/13, 00:07

no paranoia ... I said that just to laugh with the nonsense that we see in the experts!

pla and abs, it's quite ordinary plastic! really not enough to make guns!

the abs is very good for making all kinds of useful pieces!

the pla is less solid than the abs but better suited to the 3D printer: it is the ideal material when the printed part must serve as a foundry model
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/07/13, 00:14

Phew I was scared (especially coming from you !!!) ... hey, next time, use smileys huh ... : Mrgreen:

Here I added the spools of wire: ABS is only available in black or white, the PLA is much more colorful! See the range here: https://www.econologie.com/shop/imprimante-3d-c-87.html

I also set the prices.
0 x
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 04/07/13, 18:51

Make me dream a little then!

What are the useful and functional objects that you might want to print in 3D?
0 x