Peltier-Seebeck effect generator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Peltier-Seebeck effect generator

by iota » 18/11/06, 14:37

Everything is in the title !

Link to better understand http://dspt.club.fr/Piles_clamond.htm

The goal is to use a Peltier module that is used for cooling the processors as well as mini-fridges car (or truck : Cheesy: ) In generator.
Ie heat one side (easy) and cool the other side (easy as, well almost), it produces electricity.

Ladies and gentlemen, your neurons!

More:

- Peltier module on tests
- Buy a thermoelectric module Peltier
- yield curves and efficiency of a Peltier
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 18/11/06, 15:42

I'm registered qqs furrier modules purchased on the net.

I think placing in series and get (why not) until 240 1 or 2 volts and amps.

Everything depends on the temperature delta that I think is 60 °, but it also depends on the type of module.

60 ° it is quite easy to achieve if one side is at atemperature ambiente and the other slightly heated with a burner or a chemical device, hydrochloric acid, aluminum for example, very hot and produces hydrogen that can be burnt and so continue operation. 8)

I miss him a cooler or heatsink, I know what to use ...
0 x
Epsylon3
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Epsylon3 » 18/11/06, 17:36

the rub: hot / cold water + moisture =

water circuits + = rust = short circuits: p
+ water = short circuit current

: Cry:
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 18/11/06, 17:40

Uh ... in a fridge there hot / cold and also a lot of condensation is not why it kidding.

If done right, it should not be any worries :?
0 x
Epsylon3
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Epsylon3 » 18/11/06, 18:25

yes good, but to use the heat of a PC (c what heats the most for "nothing" to my knowledge) without risking to damage it ... it will be complex ...

Finally, here I used it as heating of the PC, before the arrival of the first athlon 64, which self regulate and are not pushed to the bottom; p)
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 18/11/06, 18:37

haaa! : Mrgreen:
but the goal is not to use it in a pc!

The goal is to make a generator.
The Peltier modules are laid against a heat source and the other face is cooled.
At the "wires" of the modules, a voltage is obtained which is proportional to the temperature delta.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 18/11/06, 19:08

I think that meant Epsilon is that the system has no interest as to recover energy lost everywhere (for that, the use of an oven / hob would be very interesting).

But if you have to consume conventional energy to heat it loses interest, both producing electricity conventionally. Unless the peltier performance are exceptionally good, I do not know / not think so. We could use solar power but I do not know if this is advantageous over the photocells or stirling engine coupling.
0 x
Epsylon3
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Epsylon3 » 18/11/06, 19:29

although the hob and the oven is used only qq minutes a day, my pc, here remains on permanently ... and the cool period happens ... enough of a metal block as a support window or as qqchose ca ... but then would take a kind of inverter is constantly charging, such as mobile computer ...

ca might be nice to load rechargeabe batteries or phone ... if not pressed ... or if you have spare batteries.

Finally, in the south, the cold springs are difficult to find; p)

I think there bcp simpler, rooftop wind turbine for example ... or tt simply a room for recharging devices ts battery has a single switching power supply ...

qd we see the number of devices that need a transformer qq milliamps near a PC or a TV ... a unique multi output PSU is in my opinion very econological: p) Ya loss in small cables low voltage, but good enough to have to 0,5 1,5V more generally is no problem since a transformer 12V can climb 18V if it is not requested bcp .....
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 18/11/06, 20:13

Skip links:

http://www.citizen.co.jp/english/releas ... thermo.htm
http://calopile.free.fr/

Convert thermal energy into electricity always goes through several intermediaries (steam, turbine, generator etc ...).

Here there is the module!
In addition it requires no maintenance.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 19/11/06, 10:42

iota wrote:Skip links:

http://www.citizen.co.jp/english/releas ... thermo.htm
http://calopile.free.fr/
Convert thermal energy into electricity always goes through several intermediaries (steam, turbine, generator etc ...).

Interesting stuff. As I plan to install solar vacuum tubes on the roof next year, and the problem in the summer is having too much heat energy, it could interest me to make electricity.
0 x