Will environmentalists be able to match this wonderful record?

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Will environmentalists be able to match this wonderful record?

by sicetaitsimple » 11/03/20, 19:17

ABC2019 wrote:It's just a factual observation that I make: that despite all the speeches, the vast majority of people who know the comfort of Western life do not want to give it up at all, on the contrary they are looking for how extend it taking into account resource or climatic constraints, but without giving up their comfort (which would be the simplest solution to apply, however). They demonstrate much more often to keep or increase their purchasing power than to lose it (and for good reason, since if we want to lose it is not very complicated, no need to fight!). And I also note that those who have little or no access to it make a lot more effort (sometimes at the cost of their lives) to try to integrate, than the reverse.
Must still be good reasons for that, right?

Even interventions on this forum about a "state of mind for a viable future" posited as initial conditions "not touch my comfort" .... in the sense "my comfort is a reasonable standard".
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 19:43

Except that notions of comfort are as many as people in the world.
I had seen a report asking an elderly poor Korean lady, what was her dream, she replied: One day sleeping on a mattress. :(
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/03/20, 20:48

GuyGadebois wrote:Except that notions of comfort are as many as there are people in the world. (

That's basically what ABC said, it seems to me? And that I have only illustrated with a very representative example taken from this forum.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 21:05

sicetaitsimple wrote:That's basically what ABC said, it seems to me?

I do not know what it seems to you, but the concept of comfort in Western society has gone far beyond the simple possession of a mattress to sleep in decent conditions.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/03/20, 21:13

GuyGadebois wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:That's basically what ABC said, it seems to me?

I do not know what it seems to you, but the concept of comfort in Western society has gone far beyond the simple possession of a mattress to sleep in decent conditions.

I did not understand that your personal notion of comfort is effectively limited to the possession of a mattress ..... So why come to us this example of Korean? Did you send him yours, mattress?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 21:16

sicetaitsimple wrote:I did not understand that your personal notion of comfort is effectively limited to the possession of a mattress ..... So why come to us this example of Korean? Did you send him yours, mattress?

(Great, I have my buffoon all mine, official!)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/03/20, 21:50

GuyGadebois wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:I did not understand that your personal notion of comfort is effectively limited to the possession of a mattress ..... So why come to us this example of Korean? Did you send him yours, mattress?

(Great, I have my buffoon all mine, official!)

By the way, I do not remember that you answered on the good functioning of your new gas car?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 23:27

sicetaitsimple wrote:By the way, I do not remember that you answered on the good functioning of your new gas car?

But you don't see it since you don't care. Why ... a problem? : Cheesy:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 12/03/20, 00:41

GuyGadebois wrote:Except that notions of comfort are as many as people in the world.
I had seen a report asking an elderly poor Korean lady, what was her dream, she replied: One day sleeping on a mattress. :(

uh yes and how does that contradict what i said? I never said that the concept of comfort was absolute, I just said that those who were used to western comfort generally did not want to give it up, and some poor people obviously want a little more than just a sleeping mattress ...
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/03/20, 14:46

ABC2019 wrote: et some poor obviously want a little more than just a mattress to sleep ...

No, most of them. It was just an example to illustrate what I was saying.
Between a billionaire who owns 10 villas, 50 cars, gold taps, onyx sanitary facilities, one or two private jets, a hunt in Sologne, a 100m long yacht, one or more demi-mondaines in each port, and someone who has only the bare essentials to survive there is one thing in common: They do not want to give up their "comfort".
By cons, carbon footprint issue, there's no photo.
0 x