Will environmentalists be able to match this wonderful record?

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Will environmentalists be able to match this wonderful record?

by ABC2019 » 11/03/20, 12:29

GuyGadebois wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:.....

The evidence is that in 200 years we have almost destroyed the planet and that we have mortgaged our future. Your stupid sectarian fantasies do not change that.

if you go this way, it's been 40 years that the planet has been destroyed, man has shaped the landscape and animal species (many of which have disappeared) since the paleolithic. And he took the opportunity to grow and multiply.

For the vast majority of people, this is absolutely not a problem. Besides, just take a circular look around you, and tell me what you see, which comes from the original nature? no doubt, nothing at all, and that doesn't stop you from living your life.

And if that's what you were really looking for again, you wouldn't post it here.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 13:37

Blabla inept, as always. Let's not change anything, let's continue to keep our way of life, anyway we can't do anything about it and people don't care, the proof you have a computer and you come here. Damn but it sucks!
Cross the street and find yourself a job ...
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/03/20, 14:21

GuyGadebois wrote:Blabla inept, as always. Let's not change anything, let's continue to keep our way of life, anyway we can't do anything about it and people don't care, the proof you have a computer and you come here. Damn but it sucks!
Cross the street and find yourself a job ...

If you read what I said, it is very far from what you summarize. We are necessarily going to change our lives, since the fossils are going to run out, that is not the question. And knowing how to adapt to the depletion of fossils is a real question.

However, I think that the present era will remain in the memory of humanity as the one where we lived best, and by far. Otherwise again, if you are of a different opinion, it is not the regions where we lived as before or almost that are missing in the world, nobody prevents you from going there to live - but you will not have more internet : Lol: .
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 14:30

ABC2019 wrote:However, I think that the present era will remain in the memory of humanity as the one where we lived best, and by far.

Purely western-centered note. Besides, you don't know anything about it, you fantasize.
Last edited by GuyGadebois the 11 / 03 / 20, 14: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/03/20, 14:34

GuyGadebois wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:However, I think that the present era will remain in the memory of humanity as the one where we lived best, and by far.

Purely western-centered note. What mental poison!

ah well already you recognize at least that the west full of fossils lives much better than before, that's already it ... (which is not surprising since IN THE FACTS, you take full advantage of this well-being ).
0 x

GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 14:39

ABC2019 wrote:ah well already you recognize at least that the west full of fossils lives much better than before, that's already it ...

It is you who advance that we live "much better than before", since you have not known any "before" you fantasize. And "before" what is it? Where is it? When is it? Who is it?
In short, your remark sucks. Just marketing of Western thought that you distill as a very clean salesperson on him. Ask the Japanese in Nagasaki and Hiroshima if they did not live better "before" the bombs.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/03/20, 15:12

GuyGadebois wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:ah well already you recognize at least that the west full of fossils lives much better than before, that's already it ...

It is you who advance that we live "much better than before", since you have not known any "before" you fantasize. And "before" what is it? Where is it? When is it? Who is it?

it is the set of agricultural civilizations that preceded industrial civilization. Again if you don't agree with that, why did you say for example that it was not about going back to the Middle Ages? you don't like it, the Middle Ages?
In short, your remark sucks. Just marketing of Western thought that you distill as a very clean salesperson on him. Ask the Japanese in Nagasaki and Hiroshima if they did not live better "before" the bombs.

Europeans have had more deaths in Allied bombing than Japanese, and so what? that's not what makes you give up your computer, obviously!
0 x

GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 15:18

I don't know if you realize it but you say absolutely anything ... :(
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/03/20, 15:27

GuyGadebois wrote:I don't know if you realize it but you say absolutely anything ... :(

it's just because i try to understand your logic, but i admit i could be wrong : Lol:
0 x

ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/03/20, 18:28

If not to misunderstand you: I am absolutely not a fervent defender of the consumer society, I have nothing of a trader or an entrepreneur, I do not vote right, I have fairly simple tastes , I easily adapt when traveling to fairly basic living conditions and I absolutely do not claim to keep my western living conditions, in short I think that personally I would rather adapt well to a decrease in society.

It's just a factual observation that I make: that despite all the speeches, the vast majority of people who know the comfort of Western life do not want to give it up at all, on the contrary they are looking for how extend it taking into account resource or climatic constraints, but without giving up their comfort (which would be the simplest solution to apply, however). They demonstrate much more often to keep or increase their purchasing power than to lose it (and for good reason, since if we want to lose it is not very complicated, no need to fight!). And I also note that those who have little or no access to it make a lot more effort (sometimes at the cost of their lives) to try to integrate, than the reverse.

Must still be good reasons for that, right?
0 x