Will environmentalists be able to match this wonderful record?

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Will environmentalists manage to match this balance sheet?

by GuyGadebois » 10/03/20, 22:55

Exnihiloest wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote: It is not a balance sheet but just a prosecution.

Just facts, Tryphon, facts ... Not "projections" or "simulations", FACTS.

Selection bias, not a "balance sheet". Obviously there are industrial accidents.
To say that there are 70000 failures in the bac without saying how many have obtained it is only an assessment of the failures, not an assessment of the bac.

The difference is that the failed ones would not have had their bac by wearing expensive clothes, while most industrial accidents could have been avoided by spending a little more money in the casting of staffs, safety and the renewal of certain equipment ... Aside from a sensitive person who commits suicide in the event of failure of his exam (often because of his parents, moreover), never dead in these exercises.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Will environmentalists manage to match this balance sheet?

by GuyGadebois » 10/03/20, 23:34

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:, facts.

Yes, FACTS ... But in this case do not call "your thread" a BALANCE SHEET.

When you add up facts to try to illustrate a proposition, you do what I call (perhaps wrongly) a balance sheet.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Will environmentalists be able to match this wonderful record?

by izentrop » 11/03/20, 01:45

It's just a few incidents of the journey that touch the emotional cord and that motivates the environmentalism which sees only the tree that hides the forest.
I understand myself 8)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 11:49

izentrop wrote:It's just some incidents of course which touch the emotional cord and which motivates the ecologism which sees only the tree which hides the forest.
I understand myself 8)

I too said on the previous page "you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs" ... Your cynicism is refreshing!
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/03/20, 11:53

GuyGadebois wrote:
izentrop wrote:It's just some incidents of course which touch the emotional cord and which motivates the ecologism which sees only the tree which hides the forest.
I understand myself 8)

I too said on the previous page "you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs" ... Your cynicism is refreshing!

if we think that the increase in the world population from less than 1 billion to more than 7 billion, and the increase in longevity from 30 to 80 years, was obtained thanks to the use of fossil fuels, that would mean that they have saved hundreds of billions of years of life for 200 years. I doubt that the environmentalists can match this wonderful balance sheet effectively ...
1 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 12:06

ABC2019 wrote:..............

Do you still have some bullshit like this? I look forward to another ode to petrochemicals ...
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/03/20, 12:17

GuyGadebois wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:..............

Do you still have some bullshit like this? I look forward to another ode to petrochemicals ...

these are just facts and figures - it's funny this way of complaining that we can't get out of the fossils, while systematically refusing the explanations (completely rational) that explain precisely why.
And as I pointed out to you, whatever you say about it, you "vote with your fingers" for industrial civilization by continuing to benefit from its contributions, in particular by continuing to go on the internet to post your complaints.
1 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 12:19

ABC2019 wrote:...

Can do better. Try again.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/03/20, 12:20

GuyGadebois wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:...

Can do better. Try again.

I can do nothing against those who refuse on principle to admit evidence, see Janic.
0 x

GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/03/20, 12:22

ABC2019 wrote:.....

The evidence is that in 200 years we have almost destroyed the planet and that we have mortgaged our future. Your stupid sectarian fantasies do not change that.
0 x