The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

by sen-no-sen » 04/07/21, 23:54

Exnihiloest wrote:What you infer from my words is delusional. It's amazing how you reject a taboo subject. Nature is at the origin of the first 5 "extinctions" but shhh, we must not say it, it could harm his image while it is the man we want to discredit, so silence!
That said, your remark does not fall completely flat, because man is indeed part of nature, so it would be one more extinction of nature.

Delusional is indeed the word! : Lol:
I do not reject anything, moreover there is no taboo on the subject, everything is largely explained by the scientific study: more than 90% of life forms have died out since the appearance of life on earth.
Life evolves according to an evolution that is both progressive and disruptive, ie punctuated by "jumps" (theory of punctuated balances) and according to a logic of creative destruction.
However, the current period is unprecedented in that it is based on a catastrophe of a new kind based on the emergence of an occupying force which uses mankind.
The new phase of extinction that we are seeing is consecutive to the emergence of a hitherto unprecedented process that we can call the term technologism.
We transform the biosphere into a technosphere by gradually artifying everything that exists (hence GMOs). In such a model there is no pose in sight, but a new process at work which seems to have already largely contaminated your psyche.
What is funny (or distressing for you to choose) is to see praisers like your telling us that all this is great, while you are the first to curse the consequences of all this elsewhere (rise of extremism, crisis covid and "dictatorial" measure (I use your words) of the government to limit our freedoms).
In short, you enjoin us to submit completely to the determinisms at work. The problem with this kind of reasoning is that it only works if we are on the right side of "progress" ...
2 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/07/21, 06:26

Exnihiloest wrote:
humus wrote:...
For the road, you will take a bit of "fable" again:

"I admit that I only read you superficially, so as not to pollute my mind too much, maybe I missed something. I'm not going to read again to confirm or deny, again for pollution reasons."

For someone who is chronically in denial of reality, in fantasy, you are not ready to come back to reality if you ever have been there.
Me it's different, on this subject, I'm right : Mrgreen:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/07/21, 07:46

humus wrote:Me it's different, on this subject, I'm right : Mrgreen:

that's what 100% of fundamentalists say ...
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/07/21, 07:57

ABC2019 wrote:

Or 100% of climate skeptics?
There is necessarily one side that is more right than the other.
The two camps which would be wrong, or right, lead to an intellectual impasse.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/07/21, 08:47

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

that's precisely why we have to discuss and exchange arguments, and when we refuse to do so, in general, it's not a good sign ...
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/07/21, 09:25

ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:that's what 100% of fundamentalists say ...

that's precisely why we have to discuss and exchange arguments, and when we refuse to do so, in general, it's not a good sign ...

You can also get tired of people repeating nonsense over and over.
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 05/07/21, 10:37

humus wrote:You can also get tired of people repeating nonsense over and over.

yes that's typically the kind of stuff you say when you want to walk away.
0 x

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/07/21, 11:06

Sen-no-sen, you write:
In short, you are asking us to submit completely to the determinisms at work. The problem with this kind of reasoning is that it only works if you are on the right side of "progress" ...

This is true in the short term, but ultimately the agent who is rewarded by the process also ends up being eliminated when it is no longer necessary for it (and when he believed to be in control of the situation!) ...
Note that, quite paradoxically, it is in the name of human creative freedom and in opposition to natural "laws ("nature is shit") that our valiant knight of a certain Science and a certain Reason begs us to abandon ourselves to these determinisms which play with us ... : roll:
3 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/07/21, 11:26

Yes it is the principle of the host and the parasite, it is necessary to remember the fate reserved for its poor ants contaminated by Ophiocordyceps unilateralis?

Ahmed wrote
Let us note that, quite paradoxically, it is in the name of human creative freedom and in opposition to natural "laws" ("nature is shit") that our valiant knight of a certain Science and of a certain Reason begs us to abandon ourselves to these determinisms that play with us

I would like to have an explanation from the person concerned on the subject!
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/07/21, 12:15

ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:You can also get tired of people repeating nonsense over and over.

yes that's typically the kind of stuff you say when you want to walk away.

Assumption on your part that allows you not to question yourself.
I have nothing in particular to say relevant on the climate, I trust the mass of professionals, not you. See with them, since you are smarter.
0 x