The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 25/01/21, 17:51

ABC2019 wrote:because if you're the one messing up, that's a hundreds of trillion dollars mistake. And this is not theoretical, it is wealth that will not go to all those who would have benefited from it, that is to say the poor countries .....

Dramatic to note to what extent your vision of the world is false ... As if these "billions" were going to the poor peasants who are more and more poor because they are phagocytosed by the small, the medium then the large groups. Have you ever left your house ????
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The fable of anthropogenic warming [-98 ° c]

by Exnihiloest » 25/01/21, 17:58

ž
The record for cold on earth has just been broken in the Antarctic: -98 ° c
https://www.nationalgeographic.fr/envir ... -decouvert

The old record (-89 ° in 1983) is shattered!

I am more and more terrified of global warming! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/01/21, 18:13

... Record established because of a better knowledge of cold spots, in particular thanks to the use of satellites.
It is very likely that in earlier times and with current technical means this record could have been largely broken.

To achieve this chilling revelation, researchers analyzed the data acquired by several satellites orbiting our planet: Terra and Aqua - two craft launched by the US Space Agency as part of the international Earth Observing System program - as well as by the Polar-orbiting Operational Environmental Satellites, or POES, a network of meteorological satellites managed by the American Ocean Observation Agency and atmospheric, NOAA.

An absolute record

Thanks to all the measurements made by these spacecraft over a period between 2004 and 2016, scientists were able to analyze with precision the evolution of temperatures in Antarctica, and in particular to the east of the Antarctic plateau, a region centered at the level of the South Pole and located at an average altitude of nearly 3 meters.

nb: satellites Terra launched in 1999 and Aqua in 2002.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/01/21, 18:21

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:because if you're the one messing up, that's a hundreds of trillion dollars mistake. And this is not theoretical, it is wealth that will not go to all those who would have benefited from it, that is to say the poor countries .....

Dramatic to note to what extent your vision of the world is false ... As if these "billions" were going to the poor peasants who are more and more poor because they are phagocytosed by the small, the medium then the large groups. Have you ever left your house ????

It's not everyone's opinion anyway ...

https://www.lemonde.fr/international/ar ... _3210.html

but hey if you prefer, let's make everyone poor, you start?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/01/21, 18:24

sen-no-sen wrote:... Record established because of a better knowledge of cold spots, in particular thanks to the use of satellites.
It is very likely that in earlier times and with current technical means this record could have been largely broken.

whereas hot or hurricane speed records have nothing to do with better instrument coverage, right?

a small detail for example: electronic probes have a shorter integration time than old thermometers, does that seem unimportant to you?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/01/21, 18:43

ABC2019 wrote:whereas hot or hurricane speed records have nothing to do with better instrument coverage, right?

a small detail for example: electronic probes have a shorter integration time than old thermometers, does that seem unimportant to you?

Yes, and I had already mentioned it: a large number of current natural disasters are simply not in the meta-historical sense.
This is due to an increase in our level of interconnectivity(the thing, moreover, responsible for the current pandemic).
Events not previously measured due to a lack of measurements or even of observers did not appear in the data and did not worry people at the time (eg of the asteroid on Tunguska in 1908).
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 25/01/21, 19:03

ABC2019 wrote:excuse me but you can explain to me a little better what there is of "moral" or "immoral" to say that

I am not the one who put morality on the carpet to try to discredit something.

ABC2019 wrote:a) the amount of available fossil reserves is insufficient to cause catastrophic warming

catastrophic is very subjective ...
The rise of the seas, personally it will not concern me, so nothing catastrophic seen from my doormat.

Otherwise it will not cost a little this rise of the seas?
I'll let you give your figures, those I find will necessarily be exaggerated in your eyes. : roll:
Aren't you going to support me as the seas recede?

ABC2019 wrote:b) at the time of the deglaciations there were other important forcings so the ratio ∆T / ∆ (ln [CO2]) was not the same as now

and so where are you going with this?

ABC2019 wrote:Even though I am racking my brains in all directions, I do not see what is "immoral" in these proposals.
I repeat I did not try to introduce the notion of morality, on the contrary it is you who does it.

ABC2019 wrote:Whether they can be right or wrong, that's okay, I can see it, but whether we are "collaborators" or "resistant" depending on whether we believe it or not, I don't understand.

The collaborator in this case would be the one who demands the continuation of the use of BAU fossils, which implicitly demands not to put in place the RE and to quickly find oneself in front of dry wells.
It will not have escaped your notice that the peak of the conventional has passed, we are rather close to the decline of fossil deposits in general, therefore promoting a BAU use is simply suicidal.

ABC2019 wrote:But listening to you I understand a little better how we were able to condemn Galileo for having said that the Earth was spinning, that was to be judged also "immoral" at the time ...

Ah ah ah… .it would rather be me Galileo in this case. You are a perfect defender of the system in place, whether you like it or not.

ABC2019 wrote:but I never denied that the fossils had to be replaced! I just said it was not worth doing without more than necessary. But they will have to be replaced, that's for sure.

The correct wording would be "must" and not "must", given the approaching peaks

ABC2019 wrote:Everything shows that the wealth produced by fossils is MUCH GREATER than the cost of the damage they cause. ?

Already this evaluation is at time t, we do not yet have the very significantly negative effects of RCA.
The notion of delayed effect, the hangover effect, you skip it all the time.
Then you don't realize that we are around the energy peaks, therefore it is soon the physical drop in supplies.
It will not escape you that we have experienced growth, thanks to the growth in the consumption of fossils.
You will explain to me how to grow further for certain countries or even stabilize, with a global supply which will physically contract?
Of course, with a lot of resources, we can always maintain a high level of fossil production, but to the detriment of duration.

Another notion that obviously escapes you, the capitalist system maintains a high level of comfort, at the cost of financial growth and therefore material growth.
The on-site is not expected, see covid, it is absolutely necessary to grow and therefore squander resources and energy.

Already said many times, with equal ease of use, durable goods would require much less resources and energy. This type of sustainable economy is quite simply incompatible with capitalism.

In conclusion you ask for the pursuit of fossils (which is already the case),
implicitly you are asking for renewable energies not to be implemented (since fossils dominate the market, which is already the case),
you ask for the continuation of the RCA (sea level, which is already the case),
you ask for the pursuit of capitalism which is not a sustainable system and on the contrary deadly in the end.

When will we have to dare to introduce renewables to replace fossils?
When will it be necessary to change the economic model to move towards a more sober and truly sustainable one?
When is the right time for you?
Because that's just the problem: WHEN?
Last edited by eclectron the 25 / 01 / 21, 19: 17, 5 edited once.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 25/01/21, 19:06

ABC2019 wrote:...

A wise remark, but which should not count for their tampering with raw data. For example, it is impossible for independent scientists to follow the evolution of temperatures, because the databases of temperatures from the past change every year! And guess which way the temperatures of the past are changing ... in the direction of cooling, of course.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 25/01/21, 19:12

Exnihiloest wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:...

A wise remark, but which should not count for their tampering with raw data. For example, it is impossible for independent scientists to follow the evolution of temperatures, because the databases of temperatures from the past change every year! And guess which way the temperatures of the past are changing ... in the direction of cooling, of course.

Shit then, sieur ABC does not deny the RCA, agree.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/01/21, 19:21

yeah "collaborator" and "resistant" is there no moral notion for you?

eclectron wrote:When will we have to dare to introduce renewables to replace fossils?
When will it be necessary to change the economic model to move towards a more sober and truly sustainable one?
When is the right time for you?
Because that's just the problem: WHEN?

well introduce ENR we do not? as long as it doesn't screw up the network, I have nothing against it. If you start having blackouts every month on the other hand, I think neither I nor you nor anyone will appreciate it very much.
Once again, those who post on the internet that it is absolutely necessary to change models and leave fossils (when they are not creating blogs or youtube videos), that makes me laugh a little. You have to change the model, but I continue with my little comfort, I surf the internet, and I watch my videos, I have the right anyway!
The covid crisis was also an opportunity to see how these same people screamed scandal when they were deprived of their little daily pleasures.

And then I remind you of some disturbing truths ...

https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/polit ... 69613.html

https://www.worldpropertyjournal.com/fe ... r-2525.php

https://www.liberation.fr/france/2010/0 ... ves_602707

https://www.franceinter.fr/emissions/l- ... embre-2018

So stop saying that "it's me" who wants to continue the use of fossils, the ball of false asses, it's funny five minutes, but in the end it gets boring ....
0 x