The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

by Rajqawee » 25/01/21, 09:54

eclectron wrote:Obviously you are not climate skeptic, the RCA is proven and the effects of the RCA are not zero and will be far from being negligible.

He rightly contests the impact of the effects of RCA on human activities, their importance.

eclectron wrote:Unconsciously or not, all of the speakers here feel that you have a discourse that is harmful to the destiny of humanity and that can only lead to aggression against you.

Nah, I'm frankly fine. I'm assuming that being a random type on a forum discussing a very complex subject with other typical internet randoms, we are here mainly to chat.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 25/01/21, 10:13

Rajqawee wrote:
He rightly contests the impact of the effects of RCA on human activities, their importance.

… .. I assume that being a random type on a forum discussing a very complex subject with other typical internet randoms, we
are there mainly to chat.

Considering the importance of the whole subject, from my point of view, I call it sodomizing dipteres but I understand that one wants to simply discuss to pass the time.
The subject is complex as long as you are stuck in the details and do not see the entire problem.
The problem is on the contrary very simple:
(@ABC yesterday)
You don't seem very coherent to me for several reasons:
- The rarefaction of fossils is inevitable, which will mean having to transit and not at the last drop ... (anticipate!)
-There are still negative impacts to warming, if only moving a lot of people / buildings too close to the coasts and we can list other negative impacts to be corrected. Certainly it will not be the planet Venus but if we can avoid additional M ...., in addition to the scarcity of fossils.
- As a first approximation, to date, we can say that nothing is done to transit and time passes. the fossils decrease, the RCA (its effects) increases, every second.
- If the transition there is one day, it will necessarily be gradual, therefore the developing countries which seem to be your main concern, will always have their dose of carbon for a long time.

There is no need to have to do a cost analysis on something that is unavoidable, RCA or not.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/01/21, 10:23

ABC wrote:there are a little fed up with these people who know nothing about science and improvise themselves as experts to judge
Especially when we systematically cite references of his "climate-realistic" friends, who have no realists except the name they attribute to themselves, what formidable bad faith ...
End of the controversy : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Samarion24
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Samarion24 » 25/01/21, 10:47

It is certain that life has always survived despite meteorites, volcanoes, climate change ... Some species adapt and others disappear. There have already been 5 mass extinctions and life has always taken its course. We can pollute, destroy nature ... Life will certainly always exist, but at what cost?
And will humanity be among the survivors?
Our planet is beautiful, perfect ... And we are changing the order of things. According to it is terrible.
I find it unfortunate that someone like abc still dares to justify this.
We should rename the group to convince abc of its stupidity
4 x
Butterfly flapping in Brazil can cause tornado in Texas
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 25/01/21, 11:19

Samarion24 wrote:It is certain that life has always survived despite meteorites, volcanoes, climate change ... Some species adapt and others disappear. There have already been 5 mass extinctions and life has always taken its course. We can pollute, destroy nature ... Life will certainly always exist, but at what cost?
And will humanity be among the survivors?
Our planet is beautiful, perfect ... And we are changing the order of things. According to it is terrible.
I find it unfortunate that someone like abc still dares to justify this.
We should rename the group to convince abc of its stupidity

I will go and flatter the selfish fiber of the liberals:
Just for oneself, the bundle of clues * demands to pass through energy and society, a question of personal survival.
Everything else is just nit-picking ...

* I recall the 2 main clues for voluntary amnesiacs:
- inevitable scarcity of fossils
- and negative effect of RCA to have to compensate with energy which accentuates the problem ...
0 x
whatever.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/01/21, 12:39

On the whole, your reactions are those of "believers" repeating mantras that they have heard but are unable to argue.

Frankly, I don't give a damn about the labels "climate skeptics", "climatorealists", "negationists" ... it doesn't bother me to say that certain arguments developed on climatosceptic sites are stupid (the questioning of the greenhouse effect for example), and that others developed by "warmists" are also stupid (that humanity risks disappearing).

All I'm looking at is whether the argument is valid and if things are well quantified (and it often starts with the question: does the person who says this already know enough about the data of the problem?).

"Moral" judgments about what to do to save humanity, I don't care, because no one has a monopoly on what to do to save humanity. The only thing I believe in answering eclectron is that it is not by having a distorted view of what is going on, that it helps to make the right decisions.

So yes I think I'm helpful in saying what I think is true, not to force others to do things, but at least to help them make informed decisions. Even if I'm wrong, it will have made them think about why I'm wrong, and so it will help them in the end. My modest role ends there.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 25/01/21, 12:47

ABC2019 wrote:Bleaching was observed as early as 1931, and corals are still there, I believe!

Except that if it turns white today, it is not for the same reasons and it does not have the same impact. Another post trash to put to your credit.
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/01/21, 12:52

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:Bleaching was observed as early as 1931, and corals are still there, I believe!

Except that if it turns white today, it is not for the same reasons and it does not have the same impact. Another post trash to put to your credit.

how do you know ?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 25/01/21, 13:58

ABC2019 wrote:"Moral" judgments about what to do to save humanity, I don't care, because no one has a monopoly on what to do to save humanity. .

I have already told you that moral judgments are you who create them with what remains of your conscience.
It's a problem between you and you.
I am only revealing what you refuse to see.
"Nobody has a monopoly" is very practical for avoiding responsibility for the consequences of his actions, so that we do nothing, we say nothing.
When we know, we have the choice, either we are a resistance, or we are a collaborator.

ABC2019 wrote:The only thing I believe in answering eclectron is that it is not by having a distorted view of what is going on, that it helps to make the right decisions. .

And what is the right decision to take with your vision deliberately focused on RCA when you know full well that the problem is larger and that RCA or not, we must act?

ABC2019 wrote:So yes I think I'm helpful in saying what I think is true, not to force others to do things, but at least to help them make informed decisions. Even if I'm wrong, it will have made them think about why I'm wrong, and so it will help them in the end. My modest role ends there.

If I tell you that your modest role is ultimately to cast doubt on the need to transit? and therefore to pursue the world as it is, fossils a donf!
This is where you are coming from, so don't come after saying that you see the finiteness of fossils as a major problem.
Be consistent if you're not ABCollabo?
0 x
whatever.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/01/21, 17:28

eclectron wrote:I have already told you that moral judgments are you who create them with what remains of your conscience.
It's a problem between you and you.
I am only revealing what you refuse to see.
"Nobody has a monopoly" is very practical for avoiding responsibility for the consequences of his actions, so that we do nothing, we say nothing.
When we know, we have the choice, either we are a resistance, or we are a collaborator.

excuse me but you can explain to me a little better what there is of "moral" or "immoral" to say that
a) the amount of available fossil reserves is insufficient to cause catastrophic warming
b) at the time of the deglaciations there were other important forcings so the ratio ∆T / ∆ (ln [CO2]) was not the same as now

Even though I am racking my brains in all directions, I do not see what is "immoral" in these proposals. Whether they can be right or wrong, that's okay, I can see it, but whether you are "collaborator" or "resistant" depending on whether you believe it or not, I don't understand.

But listening to you I understand a little better how we were able to condemn Galileo for having said that the Earth was spinning, that was to be judged also "immoral" at the time ...

And what is the right decision to take with your vision deliberately focused on RCA when you know full well that the problem is larger and that RCA or not, we must act?

but I never denied that the fossils had to be replaced! I just said it was not worth doing without more than necessary. But they will have to be replaced, that's for sure.

So now let's talk about "action" and "consequences of action".

Global GDP is around $ 70 billion for about 000 Gtep consumed per year, which makes about $ 12 produced per toe.

If we admit that fossils are clearly more productive than alternative energies (which is all in all quite logical because if this were not the case, we do not understand why we bother to use them so much and why can't manage without it), that means that each toe not consumed will cost a significant fraction of that, so thousands of dollars. How much exactly we don't know, but if we want to reduce fossils by hundreds of billions of tons, it costs hundreds of trillions of dollars, maybe millions of billions of dollars.

It's not nothing anyway.

So let's say it's worth it. It means that if we use them anyway, it would cost humanity even more. OK if that caused the disappearance of humanity the cost would be even more enormous. But you have to be sure of that. And for this to be justified, the costs associated with the use of these fossils must ALSO be in the order of hundreds of trillions of dollars.

The problem ... is that it is not at all the figures that we find. The costs of externalities per t of fossil fuel, which serves as the basis for the cost of a carbon tax, is not $ 6000 per tonne, it is rather around $ 100. A few hundred if you push the envelope very far, but not $ 6000. This means that the cost of externalities (including RC) is only a few% of the wealth produced by fossils. Note that this estimate is not ridiculous, if the costs of fossils were much greater than the wealth produced, it means that we would spend most of the GDP repairing the damage of fossils which is absolutely not the case of course. All the problems are of the order of% of GDP, this is perfectly consistent with the estimate above.

In other words, what should be "absolute certainty" ... is wrong by a factor of several tens. Everything shows that the wealth produced by fossils is MUCH GREATER than the cost of the damage they cause. Which is a very natural explanation for the obvious finding that everyone continues to use them and have no intention of stopping while there is.

If you think that this reasoning is wrong, you have the right, but you have to be VERY SURE OF YOURSELF, you have to be VERY SURE YOU ARE RIGHT, because if it is you who is messing up, it is a error to several hundred trillions of dollars. And it is not theoretical, it is wealth which will not go to all those who would have benefited from it, that is to say the poor countries. If you mess up, you are keeping billions of people in misery who might otherwise have lived better.

Are you really really sure that the "morals" are on your side? without a little doubt?
0 x