The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

by Janic » 29/11/18, 09:24

Not impossible. Why then do environmentalist movements walk in the mix and encourage them?
the environmental movements are more used to rethink our responsibility in our acts (eg waste, trash environment (how many smokers throw their butts off the floor, for example) the continent of plastics did not happen by chance nor in 5 minutes, etc ... global warming only fits in this approach global awareness, at various levels, not just global warming: but also agriculture (glyphosate in question or another) health (poisoning by chemical drugs and its vaccines), etc ...
Who do they remain credible in this lower world?
who or what? :?

PS; the notion of the low world refers, by comparison, to a high world, up there ... or elsewhere! : Cheesy:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 29/11/18, 10:03

The members of the sect "Fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2" are like those of Scientology: they distort information in order to justify themselves.
It's wasting time to talk to a cult.

No need to read the IPCC reports to realize that climate and biodiversity are degrading. All over the world, the elders say they have never seen it in human memory.
The sects, for their part, deny the evidence and that for centuries.
1 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/11/18, 11:42

Exnihiloest wrote:"fallacious" is a trial of intent. What proof do you have that Richard Lindzen wants to cheat on us ?!

For example, he can think as I do that even if "global warming is a fantastic opportunity for the industrial sector", it is not for the populations who have to pay a high price for it and therefore that we are running into disaster.

Painful this state of mind consisting in pretending that an opinion opposed to his would be due to the lack of ethics in those who hold it. I have always seen this as a mark of intolerance, and of claiming the monopoly of morality, in addition to being an argument ad personam.

Inference manifests from you doubled of accusatory inversion! :frown: ... I noticed that the About was misleading, except you deduce from me a "mark of intolerance and demand for the monopoly of morality" nothing but that! You could also have added the denial of war crimes while you were there!
Painful this state of mind consisting in pretending that an opinion opposed to his would be due to the lack of ethics in those who hold it.I think it's a little bit for you, no? : Lol:

Moreover after viewing it seems to me that R.Lindzen Talk about "the promotion of the overthrow of industrial society ".
The words of this gentleman are quite respectable and free to him to produce a work of counter analysis (that's the scientific research) subject to referral and it is certainly not me who would be able to contradict it in view of my unknowing climate.
However my first remark was about this idea of ​​"industrial suicide" which is completely false.
As for the idea of ​​any promotion of the overthrow of the industrial society, it would be necessary for me to be shown in support of the people of power in this world who advertise it! Greenpeace to give up this speech for at least 20 years! : Lol:
At the moment of today the promotion of decay is simply the object of censure in the political debate.
Last edited by sen-no-sen the 29 / 11 / 18, 11: 59, 2 edited once.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/11/18, 11:51

Ahmed wrote:It would be better, rather than speaking of the Anthropocene era, to requalify it in the middle.

Yes very good! Since the fund problem is not CO2 but a much more fundamental entity: entropy.
Ecocide as it is (at t = 0) is not linked to global warming, which is a future problem but to the rapid increase in the level of entropy dumped on the biosphere since the industrial revolution.
Deforestation, looting of resources, the disappearance of animal and plant species and traditional crops is an exclusive consequence of this very strong dissipation.
So it is illusory to think that a "clean and unlimited" source of energy like fusion could free us from the tendency. ecocidal.
However, insofar as this entropy is mainly currently evacuated by a set of thermal machinery, the fight against carbon emissions is for the time being a good fight.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/11/18, 13:11

What did I say already? Ah yes anthropogenic global warming is a fantastic opportunity for the sector (among others!) Industrial:

This is what tells us the boss of TOTAL (small SME so!)Patrick Pouyanné:

Combating CO2 emissions: extra cost or opportunity for your company?

Of course it has a cost, but it's an imperative that we have to integrate into our business model and by doing that, the constraint becomes an opportunity(1). Opportunity to give gas, of which we are a major producer, a more important place in the global energy mix because it is fossil energy that emits the least CO2.

Opportunity to find growth drivers in renewables. Opportunity to be more efficient in our operations and in our markets. For this is how ecology progresses. Because companies engage and find their account. Another example: Total had a pivotal role in the call for carbon pricing.

The Group, with five global oil and gas companies, launched an appeal last June to governments around the world to the introduction of carbon pricing mechanisms. It is original for companies to ask for higher prices for their products. But that's because we need a clear signal to guide the medium and long-term investments required by the world of energy.

This price will discourage the use of highly emissive technologies and, on the contrary, encourage the most effective options for reducing CO2 (2) emissions. This will favor gas at the expense of coal, which emits half as much CO2 as coal for electric generation. And that's what it takes to fight climate change.

https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/cop21-la-contrainte-devient-une-opportunite-explique-patrick-pouyanne-de-total.N365420
(1) Do not we say that the constraint is the mother of inventiveness?
(2)The most effective options, by definition the most profitable for all actors!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/11/18, 14:19

Janic, you write:
the environmental movements are more used to rethink our responsibility in our acts ... (

Yes, there is indeed a massive strategy of shifting responsibility at the individual level * to the detriment of a correct overall analysis; the destruction of the conditions of life is not a problem resulting from a lack of morale, I would add, whatever the level of powersince those who exercise functions of domination are themselves dominated by determinisms to which they owe allegiance, on pain of dismissal.

* This leads to the usual litany of "small gestures for the planet" which are totally out of step with the scale of the issues and which are widely promoted in the media precisely because of their harmless nature.
** It is the error of the truncated analysis which condemns the 1% or the "banksters" by essentializing these people instead of understanding that they only fulfill a perfectly substitutable function: if we only perceive the detail, we remain blind to the system which parameters it.
*** This is why a truly emancipatory thought can only be conceived as total and not function, as it is now, by antithesis and exclusion of "enemies of the People" (to use a short cut).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/11/18, 14:26

In his text, the boss of Total writes:
It is original for companies to ask for higher prices for their products. But it is because we need a clear signal to guide the medium and long-term investments required by the energy world.

It is especially a good way to triumph over competitors unable to cope with these new constraints ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/11/18, 15:59

Ahmed wrote:In his text, the boss of Total writes:
It is original for companies to ask for higher prices for their products. But it is because we need a clear signal to guide the medium and long-term investments required by the energy world.

It is especially a good way to triumph over competitors unable to cope with these new constraints ...

Quite simply, as an example in the United States, there were many artisanal coal mining companies.
These employed little more than 10 employees and were generally family-owned.
Of course, this kind of thing is not possible with gas exploitation in the Siberian tundra.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 29/11/18, 16:10

ENERC wrote:The members of the sect "Fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2" are like those of Scientology: they distort information in order to justify themselves.
It's wasting time to talk to a cult.

Above all, it allows, by blindness, to keep one's faith in one's own religion and sect.

No need to read the IPCC reports to realize that the climate

Of course not, it is enough to have the infused science and the magic thought, as for all ignorant people who do not want to make the effort to learn and understand.
Unfortunately I am not endowed with it, I am obliged to approach the problems analytically to form an opinion.

and biodiversity are degrading

No relationship between biodiversity, favored by CO2 with regard to plants, and anthropogenic warming. Beautiful amalgam by the magic thought. HS in this thread, this is not the subject.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 29/11/18, 16:27

sen-no-sen wrote:...
I noted that the About was misleading, except you deduce from me a "mark of intolerance and demand for the monopoly of morality"

That's right, I confirm. The gratuitous and unjust accusations against people who do not think as oneself are the mark of intolerance and their rejection as moral humans, way of rejecting their words without having to discuss them, they are necessarily false since pretended in the purpose of deceiving us.

No discussion is possible with those persevering in this father's posture the morality that decides who is the devil, deceitful and amoral.
Now if you provide the already requested proof of what you are saying, namely that Lindzen is willfully cheating on us (unless you don't know what "spurious" really means?), I remain open. Otherwise, I am not interested in the inquisition trials using coarse-string quibbles.
0 x