Targol superstar! Targol on TV! Klaus storm and EDF failure

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Targol superstar! Targol on TV! Klaus storm and EDF failure

by Targol » 02/02/09, 16:48

You know, when you hear the news spots telling you "there are only x0000 homes left without power after the storm that hit the southwest", you imagine the poor isolated house in the middle of the forest after 10Km of collapsed power lines ... well the reality is sometimes a little different.

In Landiras, a village in the southern Gironde of +/- 2000 inhabitants, there were still more than 100 houses last night (mainly divided into 3 districts) without electricity.

Far from questioning the energy and professionalism of ERDF agents in the field, it is clear that there are some shortcomings in the coordination of the work. The fault of the lack of means, perhaps?

Still, tired of being told every day by ERDF "but everyone is reconnected to Landiras, there is nothing more to do", the mayor of this village decided to use the only weapon which remained to him: the media.

A team from FR3 therefore came this Sunday February 01 to film "the forgotten people of Landiras".
As I am a city councilor and I was there, he asked me to accompany him. The result is there :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GQoXGiK_Gs

(Thanks to Christophe for uploading).

It seems that this was effective since less than 1/2 hour after the broadcast, the sub-prefect assured the mayor of his personal involvement in this file and the prefect's office called the mayor the same evening.

From the news I got today, it looks like 2 ERDF teams are currently on Landiras. Something we haven't seen in almost a week.

With any luck, I would have finally recovered my dear nuclear energy this evening : Mrgreen:

And yes, we may be against nuclear power, after 10 days without electricity, we realize how addicted we are to electricity ... : Cry:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 02/02/09, 18:39

: Cheesy:

Huge, the end of the report:

Here, no damage! But hey, you've reconnected to 380V then ... everything is burnt!

Do you breed black cats in the village? : Mrgreen:

Sorry.

I sympathize.
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 02/02/09, 18:43

Indeed, there were several coordination problems…

Oblivion with the certainty that the current was restored.
Non-response to calls from the Mayor.
The restoration of 380 for 230V ... (amazing!)

The inhabitants adapt in the event of a hard blow.

Is the Mayor's R6 not electric?
:D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 19:10

Well, I'm not going to pretend to be surprised because Targol actually told me about it at the beginning of the afternoon! So rebravo for this little report and happy that I have no more damage than this!

Well this little report which shows the "shortcomings" of energy centralization ... and the "a little" jerk off the part of the ERDF (pkoi erdf and not rte? Apparently ERDF is a local player and RTE is is the management of large powers before distribution therefore ...).

gegyx wrote:The restoration of 380 for 230V ... (amazing!)

I've heard of such an error 3 times, it doesn't seem so "surprising" or rare to me ...

gegyx wrote:Is the Mayor's R6 not electric?

Isn't that a Fiat Panda? With the group filmed through the windshield I thought of an electric!

Ah I just put a file to download on the electricity statistics in France, very interesting and fairly complete in terms of breakdowns and interruptions in particular: https://www.econologie.com/electricite-s ... -4029.html

ps: I had fun with the new function of Youtube which allows to put annotations during the video! hhihihi
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/02/09, 19:38

Well, the gentleman with the white jacket is the mayor, and who is Tragol?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 19:40

It is the skinny unshaven !! :P

ps: I would like to come back to it:

It seems that this was effective since less than 1/2 hour after the broadcast, the sub-prefect assured the mayor of his personal involvement in this file and the prefect's office called the mayor the same evening.

Ah the power of the media !! But the villages where FR3 does not come to report can therefore freeze to death? Not very republican as behavior on the part of the "electricians" ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 02/02/09, 21:10

: Arrow: Hey Targol, I want to welcome 4 energetic refugees. : Cheesy:

For the shot of 380V, it seems that the dumpling is quite common ...

I had to go to Dordogne on Sunday to transplant pretty mom's freezer before it thawed. Power returned on Monday but they forgot a phase which meant that half of the house was left without electricity. Blow of luck, the boiler and the freezer worked but not the TV ... Some are lucky ... : Lol:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 02/02/09, 21:43

When EDF balances 2 phases instead of a phase and a neutral, perhaps the EDF circuit breaker counter jumps before the domestic installation ... No?

----------

This sub-prefect will soon have promotion!

in the Channel ...
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/02/09, 22:30

I do not think it jumps because as long as the intensity does not exceed its setting it does not cut. Likewise, as there is no leakage to earth or another path, the differential does not cut either.
So the electrical appliances eat 380V and that will make everything click.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 03/02/09, 09:00

Okay, guys, I have good news and bad news:
- The good one: I got the juice. Like what, making the horn in front of a camera, it works. While we hadn't seen an ERDF truck for more than a week, yesterday we went from 100 houses without electricity to 2 (houses in the depths of the woods).
- the bad: I still have not recovered the phone and the net. A long fight awaits me between FT (who does not want to open a file without a home phone number) and Neuf / SFR (who considers that damage to equipment is the responsibility of FT ...)

Christophe wrote:
gegyx wrote:Is the Mayor's R6 not electric?

Isn't that a Fiat Panda? With the group filmed through the windshield I thought of an electric!

It is indeed a panda, and it is not that of the mayor, it is that of my wife and it is not electric.

As for the 380V, it seems to be due to a phase / neutral inversion but I don't know enough to comment. What I can say on the other hand, it is that it seems that the installations protected by a differential circuit breaker have survived. On the other hand, the old circuits without have all burned.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Back to "humanitarian disasters, natural, climatic and industrial"