State of mind for a viable future

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: State of mind for a viable future

by eclectron » 11/05/20, 09:35

Ahmed wrote:I have the impression that you do not perceive all that is positive in the negation ... Refusing to lock yourself in the approximate or the false directions is a prerequisite for lucidity and a possible action .

No not abstruse at all, it's not Ahmed who wrote ?! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

I am not saying that we must start from false bases, I am saying: to tell someone that he starts from false bases without saying anything more is to ask himself a censor and that is all. At best it turns the person in front.
In short it does not advance the schmilblick.
Aside from glorifying yourself. (since you know yourself and especially not the other, that's all you give as information by acting in this way. Is this really the message you want to get across?)
For a positive outcome, it should be oriented towards what is true. The famous pedagogy… : Wink:

If I go after your reasoning which is "identify the root of the problem before solving it" (which I subscribe intellectually but not absolutely in practice), as my friend Krishnamurti would say, there is no problem apart from me (from our self, for each of us).
The root of all evil on Earth is to subconsciously follow our desire for satisfaction (gain).
Satisfied, I am happy, unfulfilled, I suffer.
These desires, of every moment, are cultural, therefore learned, which is an important point. culture shapes the intimate behavior of the individual.
If I go through your reasoning and that of K, it is the ego which is the root of everything and that it must be "worked" * to solve any problem on Earth.
* perceive it at work, in consciousness which can be likened to a "work" but not a work in the current sense.
The common sense being to cultivate one's self, to be proud of having reached such a stage. Which is the exact opposite of right action.

This may be true, in any case I perceive it as such, I have been very interested in this subject of the self for 26 years ... and I have not reached a point of awakening, where the self is not no longer the master, and where there are no longer any (harmful) consequences that flow from it.
Do I have to say that any other approach is wrong?
Certainly they are, they are only compromises.
Any attempt to organize society is therefore false, inappropriate in relation to the root problem of all problems, the self.
Indeed, any rule constrains it and therefore strengthens and reinforces the root problem.
If I follow your reasoning, you shouldn't try to organize society. (since it's turning away from the real problem)
However, given my own experience of 26 years which did not lead to much (yet I was interested), and given the centers of interest of some of my fellows, I consider that we need a framework, necessarily binding, for channel all of these individual desires for satisfaction.
To make it worse, to avoid major destruction.
this is, moreover, what man has done for centuries with the laws.
It is however fundamentally a solution which I know to be false.
You have to be realistic, we still need zoo keepers in the human zoo.

In short, a compromise towards a positive advance is surely better * than an immobility awaiting perfection.
* By this compromise, the framework changes at the margin, the culture changes at the margin, all of this brings fundamental change closer. While in the alternative, we do nothing, we sink, we continue to destroy .... It is a strategy to understand but it is not mine.
This is what you advocate with your desire for absolute if not nothing.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/05/20, 10:09

I'm sorry if I could give you the impression that a desire for perfection prompts me to refuse any partial advancement. It is very far from my feeling which at no time envisages anything other than a groping progression, but with the will to avoid taking "small steps" in the wrong general direction, as multiple historical experiences show it. . Far too many good-intentioned people (with all of hell paved!) Have played the role of useful idiots, illustrating this aphorism: "It is men who make history, but not the one they believe.
Trial and error are inevitable and part of the normal process since the future is by definition to be invented; on the other hand, it is easier to determine what it is important to fight, but yet we are all so contaminated by the present that we have a hard time abstracting from it, so much so that we are involuntarily led to reproduce it in trying to fight it ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 11/05/20, 18:48

Ahmed wrote:I'm sorry if I could give you the impression that a desire for perfection prompts me to refuse any partial advancement. It is very far from my feeling which at no time envisages anything other than a groping progression, but with the will to avoid taking "small steps" in the wrong general direction, as multiple historical experiences show it. . Far too many good-intentioned people (with all of hell paved!) Have played the role of useful idiots, illustrating this aphorism: "It is men who make history, but not the one they believe.

When 2 people meet, especially via screen, there are 2 cultures that collide.
There is what you say and what I perceive with my own conditioning, what I add or take away from what you say.
Indeed your way of expressing yourself left me thinking that ...
But frankly I rarely see a way out, rarely a constructive outcome to your analyzes, it remains in the criticism. (well French sport and it is not a compliment : Lol: ), or even judgments without arguments, as if we knew what you are talking about.
Criticism is a step… .. to go beyond.
These are just proposals that are missing in our time, I think we are at this stage?

Ahmed wrote: on the other hand, it's easier to determine what to fight, but yet we are all so contaminated by the present that we have a hard time abstracting from it, so much so that we are involuntarily led to reproduce it while trying to fight it ...

Do you have any examples in mind regarding my comments (itions) : Lol: ?
0 x
whatever.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/05/20, 21:32

I fear that we are not yet at this stage, because right proposals (and there is no shortage) in a biased framework will not yield much without a prior in-depth understanding, which I actually call the dimension "critical", but in a very different sense from yours. In addition, to sum everything up to a simple matter of will, negative or positive, reflects the failure of this prerequisite (there you will be able to ironize at your leisure!).
We are very deeply engaged in a dead end, but which does not allow the U-turn, in the sense that the social mechanisms which would have allowed other bifurcations have been destroyed for the benefit of a "rational" management of the disaster. who can only do that. It is for this reason that you are obliged to reintroduce this famous abundant energy without which everything collapses, regardless of the ability to control the other factors. The most logical ultimately seem to me to be primitivisms, but what emerges from their analyzes is quite simply inapplicable without drastic reduction of the population ...
For the moment, any attempt on the bases claimed by the ecologists, even the most critical (in appearance, at least), as Aurélien Barreau, Pablo Servigne, Philippe Bihouix, Nicolas Hulot and others of the same kind, objectively pose themselves as managers of the system, which shows the impossibility of the economy of a real critical reflection. Otherwise, we will go towards the instrumentalization of all this towards a final tinkering of capitalism with a view to its extension ... Whatex nihilo calls in its vehement jargon the "Green Khmer", are only the manifestation of this very strong tendency, which its formalist logic cannot understand, because of its self-referential nature: do not make the same mistake.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 13/05/20, 09:54

Ahmed wrote:I fear that we are not yet at this stage, because right proposals (and there is no shortage) in a biased framework will not yield much without a prior in-depth understanding, which I actually call the dimension "critical", but in a very different sense from yours. In addition, to sum everything up to a simple matter of will, negative or positive, reflects the failure of this prerequisite (there you will be able to ironize at your leisure!). .

Nothing makes me ironic, I must not be in shape ?! : Lol:
What I perceive is that you are making a great deal of "prior in-depth understanding" which, sorry to tell you, boils down to "infinite growth in a finite world".
Everything is said, it seems to me?
Obviously we can always detail but everyone understands and perceives more or less consciously that we are in an infinite growing economy and that this is not possible. By extension, any solution based on infinite growth is not a solution.
End of observation, place for solutions, right?

Last night I looked the world in the face and the debate that follows https://www.france.tv/documentaires/soc ... monde.html
a little too much emphasis on the survivalist delirium but hey ... you have to sell : Lol:
I take this quote from P.Servigne, "infinite cooperation in a finite world". Here is the solution.
But there on the other hand it requires clarification on the solutions, which very often are to be found, or existing but to be accepted.

In the debate, I liked JB Fressoz which pushed me a little.
He says that the confinement of covid19 is proof that our Western economies have large margins of decline. I interpret it thus, nobody died of hunger and yet the economy was at a standstill for 2 months.
So he jostled me in the sense that actually je would like a world identical in appearance to today (no drop in living comfort) but fundamentally durable.
Others seem ready for a decline in living comfort, which removes many problems, for sure, especially regarding energy.

A sustainable world that involves getting out of growing capitalism into the winning trio: sustainable, repairable, recyclable.
This implies a non-limiting and non-carbon source of energy to maintain the comfort of life.
Winning trio is fundamentally non-ascendant and therefore incompatible with capitalism, it would kill the latter and us with it, if we stick to the fundamentally capitalist and ascending debt money.

I don't think all these people Aurélien Barreau, Pablo Servigne, Philippe Bihouix, Nicolas Hulot arise as system manager.
Pablo Servigne claims to be anti-capitalist.
Any move towards a sustainable world is an attack on the capitalist system.
The criticism is posed by all: "infinite growth in a finite world".

Ahmed wrote:The most logical ones finally seem to me primitivisms, but what follows from their analyzes is simply inapplicable without a drastic reduction in the population.

Ckoidon? people who advocate the return to the tribal state, in the wilderness?

Ahmed wrote:Whatex nihilo calls in its vehement jargon the "green Khmer" ,.

A green Khmer in liberal language is someone who has integrated in his flesh that he is part of a living system, the Earth and that he needs this system to live and therefore is concerned about his biotope. . (which comes head-on in conflict with the boomers' desire for infinite growth)
Unlike the liberal, he does not think he has dominated nature but thinks he is part of it.
Liberal arrogance (delirium) will end for lack of cartridges (resources) or lack of troops (age limit : Lol: )

Ahmed wrote:let's not make the same mistake.

So, but where are the positive proposals? (not ironic but teasing : Wink: )
0 x
whatever.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 14/05/20, 19:51

eclectron wrote:...
A green Khmer in liberal language is someone who has integrated in his flesh that he is part of a living system, the Earth and that he needs this system to live and therefore is concerned about his biotope. ...

While non-Khmers Vert do not understand that they are part of a living system and that they need it to live!
I no longer count the number of times I read this pretentious nonsense claiming ultimately the monopoly of ecological consciousness, and its denial among those who would be in the other clan, that of non-extremists of ecology.

Liberal arrogance (delirium) will end for lack of cartridges (resources) or lack of troops (age limit : Lol: )

Yes this is it. Just wait for the Grand Soir.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 15/05/20, 08:55

I am only describing what an ecological conscience that assumes, nothing more.
And when you really assume, you can no longer defend the crescentist theses without conscience, without morals, capitalists, without being in contradiction.
So, since you imply that you would have an ecological conscience, how do you manage the contradiction, that interests me.

Exnihiloest wrote:While non-Khmers Vert do not understand that they are part of a living system and that they need it to live!

A micro pavement to convince you?

Exnihiloest wrote:I no longer count the number of times I read this pretentious nonsense claiming ultimately the monopoly of ecological consciousness, and its denial among those who would be in the other clan, that of non-extremists of ecology.

Nothing absurd or pretentious in my words (a little provocative, I don't mind), I pose the subject so that you can see the absurdity of your positioning -> Croissantism vs ecology.
In fact you cannot decently refuse in a personal capacity the description of an ecological conscience, except to be "I am foutiste" like the lady of the micro sidewalk.
What you call a green Khmer is someone who has an ecological conscience (it could be you) BUT who goes after his convictions. (Obviously it's not you)
I am having fun with this contradiction and am really curious to know how you manage it.

Exnihiloest wrote:

Yes this is it. Just wait for the Grand Soir.

You will be disappointed, it's progressive, and it has already started, so no big night
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 17/05/20, 06:59

Sorry for you Exnihilo ....... : Oops:

A Natixis publication: Does the coronavirus crisis sound like the end of neo-liberal capitalism?
Comments from jean-Marc Jancovici:
"[The coronavirus crisis will very probably cause] the end of" neo-liberal capitalism "which had chosen globalization, the reduction of the role of the State and of the fiscal pressure, privatizations, in some countries the weakness of the social protection"

Who is this quote from? From the rebellious France? De Extinction Rebellion? Repent of the World Trade Organization or the European Competition DG?

No, this sentence sums up a research paper by Natixis, the investment bank of the BPCE group.

Are they (or will they be) right? The future will tell, but just bringing it up at this point is a sign of interesting times. To be continued! "
Full publication here: https://lnkd.in/g_diX47
(published by Joëlle Leconte)

https://www.research.natixis.com/Site/e ... yfsy2hw%3D
0 x
whatever.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/05/20, 08:45

It is a fabric of absurdities which have no chance of manifesting itself, all the more so since it is at the same time a joyful mixture (not to say mess) of contradictory things ...
I will take just one example of these inconsistencies: the so-called "regional value chain" has no chance of replacing its international counterpart, since the opposite movement resulted from the collapse of the first ...
This propaganda is fully compatible with the demand for a "well-tempered" capitalism (sic) and a well-caring papa-state; in short, all the illusion of the Left which persists in waxing the pumps of the Right (without ever understanding it) ... : roll:
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 17/05/20, 10:17

Ahmed wrote:It is a fabric of absurdities which have no chance of manifesting itself, all the more so since it is at the same time a joyful mixture (not to say mess) of contradictory things ...
I will take just one example of these inconsistencies: the so-called "regional value chain" has no chance of replacing its international counterpart, since the opposite movement resulted from the collapse of the first ...

Still full? ! : Lol:
Your coherence escapes me ... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
There is nothing contradictory, nor inconsistent in relocating "certain things" when the politicians have bought themselves a pair of baloches.
In any case, it seems a wish of the population, to benefit from more security of supply, therefore more local.
"More" does not mean "all".
To be continued, before being as sharp as you. : Wink:

And the subject of the article is the end of neo liberal capitalism (its supremacy) and of course, not the end of capitalism.
Perhaps a return to capitalism to the papa of war exit?
0 x
whatever.