State of mind for a viable future

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: State of mind for a viable future

by eclectron » 19/02/20, 17:02

sicetaitsimple wrote:Well yes of course, am I stupid!

Maybe not ... but your vision of a community is surely too restrictive.
If I tell you about the French community do you think that a country cannot afford power plants?
Since you are not stupid, you will easily imagine a gradation between the hamlet and the country, which would give a sufficient base capable of paying for a power plant.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 19/02/20, 17:03

Ahmed wrote:It's long, but how good ... 8)

Yes ! I knew : Wink:
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 19/02/20, 17:08

Ahmed wrote:
It costs money to break free from the yoke of capitalism.

A little awkward as an approach, right? : Shock:

I do not see how to do otherwise.

At the moment t we are all dependent / actors of the capitalist system.
We can only start from now, from the current situation.

Except starting naked, and rebuilding everything from scratch, it takes money to pay for freedom, at the start and during the period of empowerment.

After the real demonstration can begin.
Last edited by eclectron the 19 / 02 / 20, 17: 11, 1 edited once.
0 x
whatever.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 19/02/20, 17:10

sicetaitsimple wrote:
eclectron wrote:Then it all depends on the size of the community but we can imagine ordering a small thorium + salt plant

Well yes of course, am I stupid! "" The deserters of the system "place an order for a Thorium molten salts plant", that would make a nice headline in the press!

I don't really know how they will collect the money, apart from contributing to pool it and build ... capital? : Cheesy:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/02/20, 17:15

At the moment t we are all dependent / actors of the capitalist system.

Of course, the only transitional possibility is to minimize merchant relationships ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 19/02/20, 17:19

Go back, a message to which I wanted to respond
Ahmed wrote:
Once again, the definition of what is meant by "comfort" is a prerequisite for evaluating the criteria selected.

Personally I mean by comfort: housing, heating, food, drinking (water, already : Wink: ), communicate freely, move freely locally at least, sometimes further, and health.
Basically do not change my lifestyle.
I am not frozen on the means of realization except that I would not want (too much) to go down in term of services.
The famous liberal wet cave… : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

It seems to me there is nothing impossible in my aspirations, except energy for travel, hence nuclear as a primary source. (1000 potential years until the merger, which leaves time to develop it, or other welcome discovery)
In practice it is very hot in terms of timing, since we do not take this path, since we remain locked on carbonaceous fossils.

Ahmed wrote:
and rather adapted to psycho-pathological cases which support badly the relation with others.

Are you saying that to me ?! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

I see what you mean, at the level of society. : Wink:

Ahmed wrote: Science and power coexisted as soon as science came out of its speculative phase (observatory) to become operational and since then it is out of control: everything that can be done, likely to increase power over beings or things, will be implemented, all perfectly anti-democratically ...
It could be different if we accept to accept the choices collectively and consciously, but it requires the real will for a profound change.

I think some are ripe for these changes.
What you say about the link between science and power is very correct.
As you point out, a little bit of democracy is missing in our unsustainable world.
In reaction, a sustainable world would be much more democratic, science would be democratically used.
Which would mean coming out of bubbles, out of boxes as it would say P.Rabhi, get out of your Smartphone, your car, your apartment, your ego…

Not necessarily obvious when you are used to protecting yourself in a society which is aggressive by nature and which promotes individualism (capitalism and yes, it too…)

On this capacity to open, we are not all equal, some are already more adept than others.
(I do not place myself among the most capable, even if I progress, that is to say where I leave! : Lol: )
0 x
whatever.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/02/20, 17:21

ABC2019 wrote:I don't really know how they will collect the money, apart from contributing to pool it and build ... capital? : Cheesy:

No, it is impossible to raise "upfront" the funds necessary for the construction of a work like this one. 20 to 30% perhaps, the rest you have to borrow ... and repay it once the work is in service. Not easy for the "deserters of the system". It will take some contortions .....
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 19/02/20, 17:43

sicetaitsimple wrote:No, it is impossible to raise "upfront" the funds necessary for the construction of a work like this one. 20 to 30% perhaps, the rest you have to borrow ... and repay it once the work is in service. Not easy for the "deserters of the system". It will take some contortions .....

In the parameters of the equation, there is the size of the community, and the size of the power station.
A power plant whose size can range from the key chain to tritium : Mrgreen: to an EDF type power station, passing through a reactor the size of a naval propellant.
It was well envisaged at one time to make planes with nuclear propulsion.
Like what we can do what we want, in liberal. : Lol:

knowing that the idea is still a frugal energy community, with the best of current knowledge / practices in terms of energy saving.
the power station playing the role of "storage" (which we do not know how to do on a human scale for the inter-seasonal PV)
and produce fuel for vehicles, in his spare time.
The two combined being very practical since a nuclear reactor does not rapidly modulate in power.

In the worst case, the possibility of income, outside sales of agricultural or other products (sustainable technological products : Mrgreen: ), is not taboo.
You have to be pragmatic and positive : Wink:
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 19/02/20, 18:00

In fact, this initial community would be a "best of" of what we know how to do or can do today, in terms of science and technology (which does not exclude simplicity, in fact nothing is excluded. a priori) with the major goal of sustainability in all uses.
Consequently, this community would gradually free itself from the yoke of money, from the yoke of past investment which must absolutely be made profitable, sometimes at all costs as collateral damage, in short, would free itself from capitalism.

I mean by yoke = brake to healthy change,
currently we favor profitable change in money.
And the planet * in there? : Lol:
* us and the biotope
0 x
whatever.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/02/20, 18:43

eclectron wrote:
Ahmed wrote:
Once again, the definition of what is meant by "comfort" is a prerequisite for evaluating the criteria selected.

Personally I mean by comfort: housing, heating, food, drinking (water, already : Wink: ), communicate freely, move freely locally at least, sometimes further, and health.
Basically do not change my lifestyle.

Unless it has the advantage of being clear, the reference, the good level of comfort, it is the one that Eclectron enjoys today. The less it is not good, the more it is not good either ..... It is valid for everyone, let it be said!
1 x