State of mind for a viable future

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: State of mind for a viable future

by eclectron » 09/12/20, 19:12

Janic wrote:
We could redo the history ...
I immediately found myself faced with a 'stupid' contradiction and never anything constructive.
The subject holding to my heart, I continued, I liked to share certain things and always this 'stupid' contradiction in return (we will not name anyone) so for a long time, I understood that it was DEAD.
When I started to study the religions which dominate in France in theology, I found in everyone the same discourse as you and all when we underline their mutual contradictions, they all take the fly, too attached to their belief to make their own. proselytizing for the sole good of humanity. Only a few intellectuals in these religions - (therefore very, very rare) admit that all have the same objective, to make humanity better, but through their one and only channel since they are convinced to be the good one, the only acceptable channel ( everyone else is obviously wrong)
So by doing so, no wonder you are as disappointed as a TJ, an evangelist, a Buddhist, an atheist or a Catholic tradition upset. It is not unique, the same phenomenon exists in politics, medicine, ultimately human society! Like them all, you have convictions and you share them with yourself that's already it! No?
Lately I no longer take any gloves with the 'stupid' contradiction and I say what I have on my heart, even if it means being fired.
Absolutely:Chase the natural and it comes back at a gallop!

Normally I don't read you anymore but I was wrong to do so : Wink:
I am not attached to a belief, I am attached to the reality of a fact.

Say you do scientific research for example and you constantly think that you are never going to find, do you sincerely think that helps you find?
And you are deeply convinced that you are never going to find because no one has ever found what you are looking for.

On the other hand, if you don't have this negative idea in your head but on the contrary you have confidence in finding something, there is a much greater chance that you will find something.
This is obviously not 100% guaranteed, but it is certain that the ambient negativism that many call reality, does absolutely not help to find and put in place lasting solutions.
If you call it religion, that's your problem, I want to tell you go get exorcised.
I call it 'stupid' contradiction.
Last edited by eclectron the 09 / 12 / 20, 19: 22, 1 edited once.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/12/20, 19:16

eclectron wrote:I have not read Piccard, the internet page is empty at home (?)
Indeed the link no longer works ... I found it elsewhere.
1 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 09/12/20, 19:24

izentrop wrote:

Thank you : Wink:
The group of stubborn opponents is decidedly not credible.
Piccard's conclusion matches my answer to Janic above ...

PS for Obamot: I could be more humble and more understanding towards the 'stupid' contradiction but it is time consuming and experience shows that this effort is useless.
0 x
whatever.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/12/20, 19:40

The group of stubborn opponents is decidedly not credible.
Our well-off societies overexploit materials and are overwhelmed by the waste that this causes and this is only a tiny part of reality where each element taken apart from the others leaves some hopes or rather illusions but united together leaves no doubt , unfortunately, on its final destination. In fact, if all the components of a bomb are taken in isolation, the risk is almost non-existent, but all together leave no doubt about its dangerousness when it is used without precautions. For the moment, the nations are rather playing ball with it!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/12/20, 19:40

izentrop wrote:

Yes except that you COMPLETELY PLANT Izentrop (again your mode of operation of sophist)

He says the date of the disaster is extremely difficult to define.
But where your reasoning sucks is to believe that “since it will continue the same for ten years, it would be proof that there will be no collapse...

Completely sucks from sucks ...
Last edited by Obamot the 09 / 12 / 20, 19: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/12/20, 19:42

eclectron wrote:The group of stubborn opponents is decidedly not credible.
Piccard's conclusion matches my answer to Janic above ...
We agree...
I found the link https://www.rts.ch/play/tv/en-direct-av ... o:11383168
It is much more complete.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/12/20, 20:12

“What an ass comb.”

My uncle would say.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/12/20, 20:45

eclectron
I am not attached to a belief, I am attached to the reality of a fact.
We all, without exception, are attached to beliefs of all kinds, which is why it is one of the most used phrases. The facts can only be consecutive to these prior beliefs
Say you do scientific research for example and you constantly think that you are never going to find, do you sincerely think that helps you find?
Excellent comparison!
And you are deeply convinced that you are never going to find because no one has ever found what you are looking for.
even if you firmly believe that you will find, believing is not enough if you do not have the tools to achieve it
On the other hand, if you don't have this negative idea in your head but on the contrary you have confidence in the fact of finding, there is a much more chance that you will find something
Absolutely not ! even if you firmly believe that you will find, believing is not enough if you do not have the tools to do so. Without a telescope, there are no planets, no galaxies, no big bang, no microscopes, no microbes, no coronas. It is the tool that determines the possibility of knowing your facts and neither positivism nor negativism have anything to do with it.
This is obviously not 100% guaranteed, but it is certain that the ambient negativism that many call reality, does absolutely not help to find and put in place lasting solutions.
This reality is not a view of the mind, but of facts " I am not attached to a belief, I am attached to the reality of a fact. "You say, the only thing that is really unknown to us is an exact date.
In industry, the resistance of a material is measured with tensile machines. All mechanics know that the product will fail at one point or another, since all materials have their strength limit? It is therefore not negativism, but realism. Also, these technicians after measurement, advise to stay below the breaking limit and for that all manufacturers will use what is called a safety coefficient. So in our system: what are the breaking limits, the safety coefficients that have been taken? None and it starts all, everything, slowly with ecology in the broadest sense possible in each sector concerned, to avoid a rupture irremediable.
But also and this is even more important, in these tensile tests, just before breakage, there is a jump in the material so as not to break and the measurements stabilize (ecological effect) and the break immediately follows.
Our society is trying to find this stabilization by limiting and stabilizing our destruction efforts, but that will not be enough because indeed we should not take measures, but a complete break with our lifestyle, which is precisely illusory.
So let's individually try to maintain our own destructive, slowing down efforts, but for how long and how many individuals?
If you call that we, that's your problem, I want to tell you go get exorcised.
So continue to delude yourself if that reassures you
I call it 'stupid' contradiction. Stallion, these are the official statistics.
Crazy or realistic, your choice! the facts are the facts and you won't change a thing by getting agitated.
Re question again; does your vision of peace and love go so far as to no longer kill or have fragile beings killed just to satisfy bloody appetites? That would change a large part of humanity, not with beautiful lyrical flights but through concrete actions! for a RELIABLE future.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 10/12/20, 08:19

For me cetacean, Bye!
0 x
whatever.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/12/20, 09:10

by eclectron »10 / 12 / 20, 09: 19
For me cetacean, Bye!
Quickly, salvation is courageously in flight! :? It saves you from facing your contradictions!
0 x