State of mind for a viable future

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: State of mind for a viable future

by ABC2019 » 08/12/20, 10:35

eclectron wrote:
Janic wrote:
Already said, but I foolishly persist : Mrgreen: This forum is not the place or the right way to open the circle, since there are practically only interveners who want to stay in the circle, even if they deny it.
typical of religious sects of all kinds which hold exactly the same speech: "come to my house there is a fire, or else keep freezing them outside"the catholic church said the same thing "outside the church there is no salvation" and we see where it led them.
PS: @Obamot the divergence is fundamental it is in the fact of constantly bringing back to the circle, what many call reality : Mrgreen: , including Janic, ABC, Exni.
Ahmed has his own way, Sen non Sen too.
Here everyone is dressed for winter
re-typical example of "outside my church (sorry circle) no salvation" but if you believe in it, good for you! You're just adding your name to the thousands of sects that say the same thing as you!
Here you are dressed all seasons!

I'll try to stay soft ...
what is it that you do not understand in opening the circle of the minds (for the winter or for a life)?
It is the exact opposite of a sect.

a link which explains that 3 studies highlight the belief in practices of "meditation" and "psychic energy" with narcissism and the belief in a personal spiritual superiority
https://edzardernst.com/2020/12/energy- ... periority/

as I said, the link is quite obvious: if we can't stand being contradicted, it is better to adopt beliefs that escape scientific verification methods, that way we have peace of mind. It's probably most prevalent in people who have suffered a deep narcissistic wound, and it acts as a protective shield.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/12/20, 10:50

I'll try to stay soft ...
what is it that you do not understand in opening the circle of the minds (for the winter or for a life)?
It is the exact opposite of a sect.
They all say that! So what's different about you?
It is currently that we are in the sect of the conditioned and narrow mind and this blindness leads us to the edge of the ecological abyss. Either by the headlong rush, or by immobility and astonishment.
Ah, well that then nobody would have suspected it!
opening the circle makes it possible to stop the flight forward and to continue to advance in another direction, more quietly and therefore to get out of immobility.
So if it is to get out of nuclear power and death, it is not to stay there in another form! Where do you find your life there?
Hence my question: killing living beings other than oneself, is it going out of the circle or staying there?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 08/12/20, 12:48

Well, both of you are in the same mental scheme, each with their own specificities.
You are in a prison (the current world, the current collective mind) which is your only reality, THE only reality of which you are convinced, which you observe and you seek to prove to the guy who tells you that there is an outside, that there is none.
I'm not saying to be completely outside, I'm just saying there is an outside and that gets you all messed up.
The outside involves getting out of the (mental) prison a little to see it.
Your logic is: Of course there is no outside since in our reality, that of prison, there is no outside. The circle is closed.
I tell you that we can open the circle and you oppose me narcissistic wound or sect.
The sect of freedom against reality, the rationality of the prison of which we are certain that it exists and from which we cannot, we must not, especially not get out.

I have narcissistic wounds? Without a doubt, who doesn't?
This is even what should prompt me to look beyond the prison.
Thank you narcissistic wounds! : Wink:

Yes there are those who are too perched and yes there are those who are too locked into reason.

But how to circumscribe what escapes reason, the known, within this same framework?
Personally, I do what I can, I try to maintain a fair balance between reason and what escapes reason.
Virtually all great scientific discoveries are the product of intuition.
Reason then served as a tool to shape the initial intuition.

I still know almost nothing about thermodynamics and yet I was intuitively right about the possibility of exploiting thermal fluctuations.

I will shorten my answer because Chronos is calling me ...
What still motivates me a little to answer you, I know however that I am wasting my time, is that I do not appreciate leaving a distorted vision, a caricature, of what I could propose.
Yes I am a little attached to what I am trying to convey.
What I try to convey in hostile terrain and it is experience that has proven to me that the terrain is hostile, I did not know it in advance.
What I deplore is not the criticism of what I say, what I deplore is the non-understanding of what I am saying, the distortion of what I say and being attacked on these deformations, attacked on the fantasies of the "assailants". : roll:
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/12/20, 13:39

eclectron »08/12/20, 13:48
Well, both of you are in the same mental scheme, each with their own specificities.
Like you !
You are in a prison (the current world, the current collective mind) which is your only reality, THE only reality of which you are convinced, that you observe and you seek to prove to the guy who tells you that there is an outside, that there is none.
Uniquely personal point of view based, on your simple belief, that is to say… nothing!
I'm not saying to be completely outside, I'm just saying there is an outside and that gets you all messed up.
The outside involves getting out of the (mental) prison a little to see it.
Once again, what tells you that it is not you who is locked in the mental prison of your superstition?
Your logic is: Of course there is no outside since in our reality, that of prison, there is no outside. The circle is closed.
I tell you that we can open the circle and you oppose me narcissistic wound or sect.
You hold a speech as old as the world and that has changed nothing in the situation of this world, all the philosophers have tried in vain, the religious also: in vain, you intend to do better than them?
The sect of freedom against reality, the rationality of the prison of which we are certain that it exists and from which we cannot, we must not, especially not get out.
In this case you bring the proof that you did not come out either, since you reason like those which are in the closed circle.
I have narcissistic wounds? Without a doubt, who doesn't?
This is even what should prompt me to look beyond the prison.
Thank you narcissistic wounds!
Yes there are those who are too perched and yes there are those who are too locked in reason.
Reason which you use precisely, to reason thus!
But how to circumscribe what escapes reason, the known, within this same framework?
Personally, I do what I can, I try to maintain a fair balance between reason and what escapes reason.
Well, there it is ! YOU do what you can, like the others, and if it brings you something, that's good for you, but don't try to moralize on what you don't do yourself.
(….) I will shorten my answer because Chronos is calling me…
What still motivates me a little to answer you, I know however that I am wasting my time, is that I do not appreciate leaving a distorted vision, a caricature, of what I could propose.
Yes I am a little attached to what I am trying to convey.
And in this sense you are doing well… for you!
What I try to convey in hostile terrain and it is experience that has proven to me that the terrain is hostile, I did not know it in advance.
You would have opened your eyes to this world, it would not have taken you long. You are like a kid who discovers that Santa Claus does not exist, that his parents lied to him and that he is sorry, but who, by culture and habit, will lie to his own children in a vicious circle. ! And everything is like that in our world, it's hideous, but common, usual
What I deplore is not the criticism of what I say, what I deplore is the non-understanding of what I am saying, the distortion of what I say and being attacked on these deformations, attacked on the fantasies of the "assailants".
Fantasies identical to yours, nothing more!

But you still have not answered on the violence that we inflict on the weakest like children and animals by killing them for fun or to eat them! This is a very vicious circle!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 08/12/20, 14:36

Janic wrote:But you still have not answered on the violence that we inflict on the weakest like children and animals by killing them for fun or to eat them! This is a very vicious circle!

This is of course useful and necessary! : Shock:
I prefer to distort my own thoughts : Mrgreen: , so I have less the impression of not being subjected to human stupidity.

Have a good trip, friend.
0 x
whatever.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/12/20, 15:12

I prefer to distort my own thoughts : Mrgreen: , so I have less the impression of not being subjected to human stupidity.
from the moment you assume yourself! But don't come and talk about peace and love, then that would be sullying these two words in what they represent. : Evil:
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 08/12/20, 15:19

Janic wrote:
from the moment you assume yourself! But don't come and talk about peace and love, then that would be sullying these two words in what they represent. : Evil:

Your answer shows that you don't understand anything at all, unless you dot your i's, and again, I'm not sure ...

I wasn't expecting anything but I'm still disappointed! : Lol:

Sincerely, good luck, friend.
0 x
whatever.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/12/20, 23:31

just my 2 cents of € uro:
is there not a kind of impression that floats and supposes that we would have come to this : Arrowd: in this thread, right?

161C16E5-765A-4BA0-B7B3-727536A10785.jpeg
161C16E5-765A-4BA0-B7B3-727536A10785.jpeg (64.92 Kio) Consulté 910 fois

honestly i liked it better before when you kept your distance a bit (if you know what i mean?)

But hey, nothing special or personal ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/12/20, 02:59

On March 20, 1972 Jacques Piccard, Swiss scientist who was the first man to descend to the bottom of the Mariana Trench at -10 meters below sea level, announced on French-speaking Swiss television the collapse of our societies for 916 if we did not radically change our way of living, of thinking, of acting ...
More than 48 years later, we still have not done anything, so, if it is true, in a short time 2 thirds of the world population will disappear ... Are we pulling the straw?
https://www.rts.ch/play/tv/en-direct-av ... nt-menaces
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 09/12/20, 09:07

Obamot wrote:just my 2 cents of € uro:
is there not a kind of impression that floats and supposes that we would have come to this : Arrowd: in this thread, right?

Absolutely not ! : Mrgreen:
We started 'there' and we stayed 'there', that is to say failure. : Lol:

We could elaborate on it, but what's the point.
I am worn out on the subject.
Izentrop, quoting Piccard, has the last word, so to speak.
0 x
whatever.