State of mind for a viable future

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: State of mind for a viable future

by Obamot » 20/09/20, 00:06

The right state of mind for a viable future in the face of new ideas: it is to have confidence, to overcome your fears:

(we will get there, to move from thought to action ... with confidence ...)

(different ways to achieve this ...)

(still other ways to achieve this ...)

1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/09/20, 08:43

Unfortunately, it is also an excellent frame of mind to accept a completely unfavorable evolution ... It is necessary to go beyond the notion of "personal development" which is linked to the unconditional acceptance of what exists.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/09/20, 09:14

Perfectly! ...

However, it would be better to start with something that put us back on track with a constructive motivation going in a “favorable” direction that you describe, having “confidence”, that should be a prerequisite, right?

How would you see that?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/09/20, 10:11

To have "confidence" does not mean anything without attributing an object to this confidence. Confidence in the possibility of a lucid analysis, which is the real prerequisite ...
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/09/20, 11:13

Ah yes, blind trust leaves you blissful : Lol:

Would it not be the same for convictions (?) Which for once would call into question beliefs, since they can hardly materialize to the point of referring to the lucidity that you mentioned (well that some religions claim to be able to reach the climax of lucidity in “enlightenment” ...) : Lol:

It is crazy besides this singularity between these 3 synonyms: "conviction", "belief" and "credit" : Cheesy:

PS:

TRUST, noun. fem.
- [Speaking of a personal relationship]
1. [Speaking of a pers. à pers.] Spontaneous or acquired belief in the moral, emotional, professional value of another person, which makes one unable to imagine deception, betrayal or incompetence on his part.

2. Etymology and History 1. [xiiies. confidence in DG] 1408 " faith in something, in someone »
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/09/20, 00:34

Concrete: what radical actions to take :?:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 21/09/20, 07:38

izentrop wrote:Concrete: what radical actions to take :?:

before retyping 30 min of video, does this video contain the answer to the question that interests me: can we predict roughly what will be the result of these "radical actions" in terms of consumption of fossils / inhabitant, of GDP / inhabitant, and therefore of the ratio of the two GDP / t of fossils consumed, once they have been completed?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/09/20, 09:22

You laugh ? : Cheesy: :D

"Radical?”But have you seen this video at least (?) That's not what your reporter suggested, she said:
- “without obviously falling into utopia and being consistent with the current reality of the economic world" : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I can hardly believe it was facing an audience of entrepreneurs!

Hollow questions by a journalist-you-saw me from BFM ....

Responding neither to the questioning of companies, nor to quick tangible concrete measures for all!

All in a hollow ... and superficial speech ...

... oh yes that's maybe good for that, that it liked ... A video selection adorned with whipped cream ... Izy way : Cheesy:

All the major immediate current topics have not been tackled (or very superficially): the geopolitical context around the issue of the security of energy supply, the ambitious solar thermodynamic projects, then, in a related manner, the problem of the energy factor. load and WWTPs, the identification of all possible sites to build hydroelectric dams, or even other renewable energy storage, the production of renewable energies on industrial sites (wind photovoltaic), the heating of these buildings by geothermal energy, fusion, questions of tax reduction incentives, the renewal of company vehicle fleets to switch to hydrogen. Encouraging research to find ecological solutions, new storage batteries (where is the Na-ion at the industrial stage ...) and all that, what concretely?

I do not even dare to approach the extractivist aspect of our mode of civilization!
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 21/09/20, 14:19

Obamot wrote:You laugh ? : Cheesy: :D

"Radical?”But have you seen this video at least (?) That's not what your reporter suggested, she said:
- “without obviously falling into utopia and being consistent with the current reality of the economic world" : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I can hardly believe it was facing an audience of entrepreneurs!

Hollow questions by a journalist-you-saw me from BFM ....

Responding neither to the questioning of companies, nor to quick tangible concrete measures for all!

All in a hollow ... and superficial speech ...

... oh yes that's maybe good for that, that it liked ... A video selection adorned with whipped cream ... Izy way : Cheesy:

All the major immediate current topics have not been tackled (or very superficially): the geopolitical context around the issue of the security of energy supply, the ambitious solar thermodynamic projects, then, in a related manner, the problem of the energy factor. load and WWTPs, the identification of all possible sites to build hydroelectric dams, or even other renewable energy storage, the production of renewable energies on industrial sites (wind photovoltaic), the heating of these buildings by geothermal energy, fusion, questions of tax reduction incentives, the renewal of company vehicle fleets to switch to hydrogen. Encouraging research to find ecological solutions, new storage batteries (where is the Na-ion at the industrial stage ...) and all that, what concretely?

I do not even dare to approach the extractivist aspect of our mode of civilization!

as I understand it, this video is quite dispensable? : Mrgreen:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/09/20, 15:42

For one it is "radical", for the other it is a "revolution", but all this to, all the same, safeguard the existing by many linguistic convolutions ...
1 x