Snow delivery by helicopter in the Pyrenees

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Snow delivery by helicopter in the Pyrenees

by sicetaitsimple » 16/02/20, 21:53

GuyGadebois wrote:Personally, 99% of my family members still practice skiing (or other) in the resort, well they go there alone, I stay at home and incidentally fuck you. : Mrgreen:

99% of your family members? Either it's wrong, or you really have a very large family!
You may have abused a little tonight on one of the "3B" that you present in your introduction (Food, Baise, Drink).
It'll be better tomorrow. Good night.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 16/02/20, 23:55

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:Personally, 99% of my family members still practice skiing (or other) in the resort, well they go there alone, I stay at home and incidentally fuck you. : Mrgreen:

99% of your family members? Either it's wrong, or you really have a very large family!

90. Is it better? Or 9/10 if you prefer.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/02/20, 01:00

still if it had negative temperatures for a long time,

but delivering snow by helicopter when it's 10 ° C ... it's beyond stupidity, it's madness. : Shock:
0 x
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 17/02/20, 08:49

With liquid nitrogen, snow with positive temperatures would cost 10 times less than the helicopter. With a ton of liquid nitrogen at 30 euros, it would be possible to make 2 tons of snow. So 50 tonnes = 750 euros.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/02/20, 09:55

Remundo wrote:still if it had negative temperatures for a long time,

but delivering snow by helicopter when it's 10 ° C ... it's beyond stupidity, it's madness. : Shock:

Now come to think of it, I am surprised that Macron did not use the method to hide the sea of ​​rocks for his "snow" in Chamonix : Mrgreen:

It’s just madness, madness which translates the generalized madness of our economic system (if this has been done it means that there has been economic profitability !!) !!

Yesterday I skipped over a report on French croissant in the USA: croissants are baked on the East coast to be sent "hot" to the West coast ... obviously by plane ... There's no p * tin de croissants on the west coast ???

I believe that Parisian chopsticks do the same towards ... Japan!
1 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 17/02/20, 13:35

In total, around 80 m3 of snow was thus displaced by air. "This decision was taken in order to support local players already strongly impacted by the climatic conditions," insisted the Departmental Council, indicating that "the estimated cost is around 5 €".

With the video of the helicopter:

It is high time to think about putting an ATV track instead.
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 17/02/20, 13:58

All that for 80m3 of snow ??? !!!!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/02/20, 14:50

the helicopter is undoubtedly the most energy-consuming means that one can imagine to move snow.

as for the snow deposited, it is not brilliant ... it makes mud with the wet earth.

all this to go against Nature which no longer offers sufficient snow cover,

and in the sense of the stupid junk mates who want to ski.

my tributes to this synthesis Image

0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 17/02/20, 17:05

One of the characteristics of the current economic system is insensitivity to growth-inhibiting signals *.
This translates into almost suicidal perseverance in the quest for economic growth when the situation no longer allows it. This manifests in a multitude of ways and we have a good example of this.
Transporting snow by helicopter in the Pyrenees, by truck in the Vosges, systematic use of snow cannons or moving snow by snow groomers, the logic is always the same: persevere in are activities.
The most important resorts are now investing in the construction of aquatic complexes in order to diversify their offers, which will accelerate their bankruptcies. The massive debt intended to maintain economic activity will not change anything, Parisian tourists will not travel 600km for go for a spa ...
Wisdom would impose a retreat, and a return of naturalness to our mountains.

* In a healthy organism, growth inhibiting signals have the role of limiting energy consumption in order to adapt to environmental changes.
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 17/02/20, 18:05

I summarize:
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)

Back to "humanitarian disasters, natural, climatic and industrial"