Hiroshima, Nagasaki 70 years later. Uplifting!

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hiroshima, Nagasaki 70 years later. Uplifting!

by sen-no-sen » 12/11/19, 20:48

sicetaitsimple wrote:By dint of you racking up each other, we will end up believing that Nazi Germany and Japan were really victims .....

We happily ignore the mass rapes perpetrated during the allied offensive, "the good guys" are above all biological structures subject to determinisms that could lead them to the worst. And then Russia, which had to pay the heaviest tribes to the second world war, was it not very quickly designated as the new enemy to fight?
The historical forces that pushed people to extremism like Japanese nationalism or German Nazism must be explained not just to be condemned. It's the role of science, if not just to condemn the enemy as a monster can then justify all possible horrors against him,which necessarily includes a majority of civilians.
As explained elsewhere human behavior unfolds within a given architecture, as an example Daesh did not appear ex nihiloBut more than a duty of memory, it is a duty to understand the underlying mechanisms of the history that is necessary on pain of being condemned to relive the horror cyclically.
2 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/11/19, 20:51

sen-no-sen wrote:As explained elsewhere human behavior unfolds within a given architecture, as an example Daesh did not appear ex nihilobut on the ruins of a nation.

Daesh is just one of the many avatars of the Taliban, "created" (supported, financed) by the USA (Saudi Arabia and Pakistan) to counter the communist regime in Kabul against the backdrop of an oil pipeline (Unocal). Here, more oil.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/11/19, 21:09

[quote = "sen-no-sen"] The mass rapes perpetrated during the allied offensive are blithely ignored, "l / quote]

Ah, here I am accomplice (by the thought) of mass rapes! Take your pills, it will prevent you from delirium. If you want to talk about
Russians, specifies the.It is a case a little peculiar, even if it excuses nothing.
It's horrible, both ways we agree. In the end there is one who loses and in this case it is the initial aggressor (Germany / Japan) who necessarily "pays" for what he has made endure before. It is war .... .
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/11/19, 21:20

sen-no-sen wrote:And then Russia, who paid the heaviest tribes in World War II, was not appointed very quickly as the new enemy to fight?

The "Red Fear" was born in the USA from 1917, it lasted until 1920 and more than a fear, one could speak of psychosis!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/11/19, 21:23

sicetaitsimple wrote:Ah, here I am accomplice (by the thought) of mass rapes!

You would not be a bit paranoid?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/11/19, 21:34

GuyGadebois wrote:You would not be a bit paranoid?

Possible, it's just Sen-no-Sen's argument directly following what I said that made me react. I copy:

sicetaitsimple wrote:
By dint of you racking up each other, we will end up believing that Nazi Germany and Japan were really victims .....

Sen-no-sen in direct response: We pass loosely in silence mass rapes perpetrated during the offensive of the allies .....
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/11/19, 21:42

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:You would not be a bit paranoid?

Possible, it's just Sen-no-Sen's argument directly following what I said that made me react. I copy:

sicetaitsimple wrote:
By dint of you racking up each other, we will end up believing that Nazi Germany and Japan were really victims .....

Sen-no-sen in direct response: We pass loosely in silence mass rapes perpetrated during the offensive of the allies .....

I do not make the connection between what he wrote (which is true) and your reaction. Sorry. I could have taken it for myself since I did not speak (either) of these rapes of war practiced by all the armies of the world since the dawn of time. It was just to illustrate that, whatever the camp, the people are still the first victims of the wars. Well, that's how I understood it.
1 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/11/19, 22:06

sicetaitsimple wrote:Ah, here I am accomplice (by the thought) of mass rapes! Take your pills, it will prevent you from delirium. If you want to talk about
Russians, specifies the.It is a case a little peculiar, even if it excuses nothing.

Sorry but no psychiatric treatment has ever been prescribed to me.
For the rest everything is very clear in my messages you made inferences about me, maybe you took my remark as a counterpart to yours I apologize, but I do not understand well ???
I advise you Zenoxite 50mg in herbal tea morning and evening. 8)

To resume:
The rapes did not concern only the Russians ...
At the end of the summer 1944, shortly after the invasion of Normandy, women of Normandy begin to complain about rapes committed by American soldiers. Hundreds of cases are reported3. Rapes and crimes take place in several cities where GIs are stationed as in Reims, Cherbourg, Brest, Le Havre, Caen4.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viols_durant_la_lib%C3%A9ration_de_la_France
The story does not boil down to good guys against bad guys, but to clashes between ideological complexes, it is a posteriori that we choose the "less worst" side that we can designate as "axis of good ".
And history at its setbacks,Aung San Suu Kyi Nobel Peace Prize (1991) for his action against the military junta in Burma has become in a short time the big bad wolf in terms of treatment against the Rohingyas... examples abound.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/11/19, 22:24

sen-no-sen wrote:[
The rapes did not concern only the Russians ...
At the end of the summer 1944, shortly after the invasion of Normandy, women of Normandy begin to complain about rapes committed by American soldiers. Hundreds of cases are reported3. Rapes and crimes take place in several cities where GIs are stationed as in Reims, Cherbourg, Brest, Le Havre, Caen4.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viols_durant_la_lib%C3%A9ration_de_la_France

Certainly, I never said that an army in operation was exemplary, but quotes the Wikipedia article in full:

Due to the large number of reported cases of rape and the deterioration of the image of American soldiers in France, the American command judges between 14 June 1944 and 19 June 1945, 68 ordinary rape case concerning 75 victims2. At least 50% of the raping soldiers are drunk at the time of their crime. On 152 accused, 139 are black, whereas they form only 10% of the troops on the European theater.
116 soldiers who go to court martial in France for rape, 67 are sentenced to life imprisonment. Within this group, 81% are black and 19% white2.
In all, 49 soldiers are sentenced to death for rape, but more than half are sentenced to life imprisonment2. Military courts condemn African-American soldiers to harsher sentences than white US soldiers. Some guilty soldiers are executed, as in the case of Clarence Whitfield, sentenced to death by hanging 9 June 20 in Canisy by court martial1944. The US military executes 10 soldiers for rape, including 29 Afro-Americans25, and the US military authorities invite the victims to attend the hanging of the 11 culprits.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/11/19, 23:01

A large number of victims have not brought complaints, as is often the case with this type of crime.
However, I do not consider the Gi's like bastards, the French soldiers did the same thing in Algeria and it is an abominable trend that one finds in all the history of humanity. is the predatory tendency of the human being confronted with situations with very high levels of stress, all the more so in a chaotic historical setting.
Therefore, we can deduce that there is neither good nor bad and that we must remain constantly vigilant on the evolution of ideologies likely to revive cycles of violence. The height is that the progressive speeches very fashionable nowadays also tend to revive hatred. :|
1 x

Back to "humanitarian disasters, natural, climatic and industrial"