Dark Water, or how industrialists poison us with water

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Covid, or how manufacturers are getting even richer

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/01/22, 16:53

SwollenPortfolios.JPG
EnfluresDePortefeuilles.JPG (87.95 Kio) Viewed 1721 times
(The Chained Duck from 12/01/2022)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Dark Water, or how industrialists poison us with water

by Ahmed » 14/01/22, 17:11

Apart from any caricature, these stock market peaks can be explained by the tropism towards growing inequality (which is factual) and also by a matching effect of quantitative easing policies which cause relatively little inflation with regard to amounts distributed, because they are mainly allocated to real estate in major cities and financial assets. This stock market inflation reflects much less the performance of companies than the role of outlet (in the hydraulic sense of the term) played by financial products. The latter replace the failing capacity of traditional producers of value and allow, contrary to what populist analyzes claim, to support these industries in decline, at least temporarily.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/01/22, 18:04

Ahmed wrote: (in the hydraulic sense of the term)

Press Handyman Deformation... : Wink:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/01/22, 18:05

We do not redo! : Oops:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/01/22, 18:25

And this, while the small local economy, the small peasantry, and the indebted on all sides, have probably never suffered so much in half a century. Deaths by suicide have sometimes exceeded those of covid... There are countless owners of SMEs who, once their salaries have been paid, no longer have real salaries for themselves. GAFAM's e-commerce has eaten up quantities!

And these results are indecent since France's debt will undoubtedly reach € 3 billion... which should dampen the enthusiasm of voters in the next elections (if there is any)...
Last edited by Obamot the 14 / 01 / 22, 18: 33, 1 edited once.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/01/22, 18:30

I don't understand the link that you establish between the victims of the evolution of the market (this market that they voted for when it was favorable to them) and the amount of the debt; can you clarify the background of your thought?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/01/22, 18:31

Ahmed wrote:We do not redo! : Oops:

We wish we couldn't, you way... : Wink:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/01/22, 18:40

It's quite true! :P
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/01/22, 18:57

You're asking me for a difficult synthesis, I'm trying something...

Ahmed wrote:I don't understand the link that you establish between the victims of the evolution of the market (this market that they voted for when it was favorable to them) and the amount of the debt; can you clarify the background of your thought?
I'm not making statistics, I'm talking about the weakest and the debt that will have to be repaid and which results from the negligence of successive policies.
There are some among those you quote who became independent because they felt unsuited to the mind-numbing enslavement of salaried work having to cope with repetitive tasks, unable to adapt to demanding schedules, etc. . Preferring all the constraints of life sometimes as an independent convict, which paradoxically gave them a greater sense of freedom.

I am talking about the betrayal of the current government, which claimed that the coffers were empty to make reforms:
— “There is no magic money” (- E. Macron and his famous formula...)

But who managed to find as many billions as needed during this covid crisis, and to buy thingies-vaxchins.
Besides, I don't believe in an “evolution of the markets”, in terms of progress for tightrope walkers! As far as I have been able to observe, the economic situation has been steadily deteriorating for them since the 80s. While the debt has only continued to increase, which has an impact on the standard of living forsaken tightrope walkers in a perpetual quest for adaptation and tightening of the belt, and if we live in the illusion of a (precarious) balance it is only thanks to the drop in production costs (and other sleight of hand , I remember the cost of computers in the 90s, which were worth 10 to 000 and those which should cost 50 million today, slip into the pocket and are called 'smartphones', and we find new cars for less than €000.– ), and also the requirements of tightrope walkers are down, they who, tired of the war, no longer have so much choice...

This is what roughly sums up my thoughts at the moment! The 'eco' landscape has undergone major upheavals and the principle of money-debt remains debt. I didn't have the courage to delve further into the details of "abstract values", but there would be material... : Wink: I contented myself with expressing a touch of observation at the level of modest consumers.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/01/22, 19:51

Thanks, that's clearer!
I wouldn't speak of the negligence of successive governments, because they responded to the same external imperatives which in no way depended on them (I'm not saying that to "excuse" them, which matters little to me, but for the accuracy of the 'to analyse).
On the point of auto-entrepreneurship, what is interesting is to note that the old class opposition "worker/boss" dissolves in this case and shows (for those who want to see!) that when the two conflicting (but complementary) agents are condensed into one and the same person, this in no way eliminates the constraint of the market, which previously led to the exploitation of one by the other and which now produces the self-exploitation of oneself in the face of generalized competition. this shows that it is not a relation of persons, nor of will that is in question, but indeed a general and impersonal constraint.
The deterioration in the living conditions of market "tightrope walkers" (beautiful image!) and the growing recourse to debt are not causally linked, but concomitant. The progressive eviction of the workers deprives them of the condition of survival in an organization which has made it its principle basis (in the same way, however, as the said eviction!) and the debt intervenes to compensate for the creation of value lost by an external contribution of fictitious value (supposed to occur in the unlikely future). But this value, as I noted recently, mainly irrigates the financial sphere and hardly abounds in the everyday life of ordinary citizens. Debts are therefore not the direct cause of these difficulties. It is completely absurd to think that they can be repaid other than by new debts. This is why it is important for governments to obtain good borrowing conditions, which can only be obtained by austerity measures intended to demonstrate the seriousness of their management (= a good rating).
You will note that the reduction in production costs results from the lesser quantity of human labor contained in the goods concerned...
0 x

Back to "humanitarian disasters, natural, climatic and industrial"