Biodiversity, the disappearance of insects

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Biodiversity, the disappearance of insects

by izentrop » 15/02/19, 15:01

Christophe wrote:the blue light led and especially screens tend to excite the brain (or even damage fragile retinas ...)
The beautiful commercial case : Mrgreen: https://www.ladn.eu/tech-a-suivre/lunet ... s-arnaque/
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/02/19, 15:20

Christophe wrote:ps: ok for land consolidation but this does not explain the acceleration of 20 last years since the bulk of land consolidation was done during the mechanization of agriculture so well before the year 2000 ....
We have to open our eyes, with the economic crises, we have no more time for nothing. We still continue to raze the last islands of biodiversity in the countryside and towns, for reasons of convenience, ease of maintenance, "concreteization". Hygienism is becoming more and more obsessive.
And then, the fashion of the garden led lamps that disturb the nocturnal fauna even more. We start to pose insect hotels, but not enough.
Even in nature reserves, they can not help but mowing, shaving regularly, eliminating essential ecological niches.

I'm passing and the best ... Yapak multinationals : roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/19, 18:14

izentrop wrote:
Christophe wrote:the blue light led and especially screens tend to excite the brain (or even damage fragile retinas ...)
The beautiful commercial case : Mrgreen: https://www.ladn.eu/tech-a-suivre/lunet ... s-arnaque/

You know how painful you are? : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:

It's not because funny people sell anti light blue glasses (which may be, no doubt, a scam) that there is not a real biological problem with the blue light!

Or how to confuse cause and consequence? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/02/19, 18:49

Christophe wrote:It's not because funny people sell anti light blue glasses (which may be, no doubt, a scam) that there is not a real biological problem with the blue light!
Yes, for dose rats that have nothing to do with our screens. Another dose problem.
The latter is well recognized among the scientific community as a factor that can damage the retina. However, experiments are usually conducted on rats and under conditions and intensity that have absolutely nothing to do with our screen consumption. For Sébastien Point, doctor of physics, optical engineer and member of the French association for scientific information, the toxicity of the blue light screens is not scientifically proven. He explains that the brightness of a screen is a hundred times lower than the doses that could be dangerous for humans. In conclusion, your computer will not make you blind.

I'm tired of talking to walls, I think you'll get rid of it when I leave you forum of conspiracy. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/19, 18:54

What conspiracy are you talking about? Of the sellers of anti-blue glasses?

I did not speak THAT to damage the retina ... but especially of the neuro-psychological effect!

The exciting effect of the blue of the screens is recognized: try it yourself, with the same screen with a "night color" function and without, all modern devices have this function ... otherwise there are applications!

At home in any case I see a difference ... so electromagnetic waves affect the psyche ... CQFD!

But I must be conspiratorial! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 15/02/19, 18:55

I'm tired of talking to walls, I think you'll get rid of it when I leave you forum of conspiracy.
: Cheesy:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/02/19, 21:21

Izentrop, you write:
We still continue to shave the last islands of biodiversity in the countryside and cities, for convenience, to facilitate maintenance, "concreteization".

It's true, unfortunately! In spite of very rigorous water laws (in principle!), Wetlands are destroyed ... The shoulders of the roads are systematically crushed ... At the regroupings succeeded the exchanges of culture, then the concentration of the grounds ... In the plain, towards my home, an old nursery had been taken up in the middle of the fields, but the trees fell from time to time at the neighbors' house and it was necessary to cut everything while it was a refuge for many creatures. in this bare area and now this little patch hinders the use of the big equipment and will soon be put back in cultivation. I understand farmers' point of view, but this can only reinforce the idea that industry and nature are two incompatible concepts ... :frown:
2 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/02/19, 07:18

We still continue to shave the last islands of biodiversity in the countryside and cities, for convenience, to facilitate maintenance, "concreteization".
plus the multitude of chemicals that destroy what's left of life ... long live Monsanto, Bayer and company! : Evil:

but this can only reinforce the idea that industry and nature are two incompatible concepts
my dear Ahmed! : Cheesy:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/19, 12:50

Sorry to insist but the evolution of telephone network coverage and the increase of their power and the number of users should be taken into account ...

A quick search gives the cover for 2009:

GSM_2009_courveture_monde.jpg

Looking more, we must be able to find an updated map but we find mostly operator coverage ... Just for France is easy to find.

And for evolution we have this:

ITU estimates that at 2018, 51.2 per cent of the global population, or 3.9 billion people, were using the Internet.

GSM_evolution.jpg
GSM_evolution.jpg (75.99 Kio) Accessed 4071 times

Source: https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Statistics ... fault.aspx
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/02/19, 15:12

Christophe wrote:Sorry to insist but the evolution of telephone network coverage and the increase of their power and the number of users should be taken into account ...
The multiplication of the emission points does not increase the punctual powers.
The universe has always been covered by electromagnetic waves in all directions.

The only dangerous radiations for the living, I repeat, are the ionizing rays, UV, cosmic rays, x, gamma, beta, alfa ... radioactivity because of the energy of the photon which becomes sufficient to destroy strands of DNA, even with weak powers ... Fortunately, the Earth's magnetic field and the ozone layer protect us from it.

A few years ago, a global decision reduced CFCs, the main gas destroyers of this layer, which allowed to restore it, but recently the hole starts to grow again, the Chinese are suspected https://sciencepost.fr/2018/11/la-chine ... he-dozone/
A recent international study reveals that China still uses chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), a compound known to deplete the ozone layer, despite its prohibition in the Montreal Protocol, signed in 1987.

Remember that the ozone layer, located between 15 and 35 km altitude, is a kind of large sunscreen protecting us from ultraviolet radiation, harmful to life (without the ozone layer, life would be impossible on earth). Having destroyed ozone (a colorless gas) via compounds such as chlorofluorocarbons has consequences on the environment (more UV rays thus more warming), but also on health (cancer proliferation system and weakening immune).
0 x

Back to "humanitarian disasters, natural, climatic and industrial"