50 years of "The limits to growth"

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 50 years of "The limits to growth"

by humus » 11/04/22, 17:24

ABC2019 wrote:already

a) we don't know...

Excuse me, I don't even read the sequel.
You don't want to know, that's different, friend of the oil lobbyists. (because you have the same position as them, before they were forced to be honest with the scientists, whom they had silently preceded : Shock: )

That's why I don't waste my time answering you directly and prefer to use people more knowledgeable than me who have already answered many and many times.
End of the game for me : Mrgreen:
But you can play solo, wall against wall, it promises to be exciting. : Mrgreen:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/04/22, 17:30

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:already

a) we don't know...

Excuse me, I don't even read the sequel.
You don't want to know, that's different, friend of the oil lobbyists.

nothing to do, I tell you that when you are told "3 to 6 meters", it is 50% uncertainty, so that means that the physics behind is not well known.

It doesn't depend on whether we're talking about the climate, oil, or anything else. 50% error means that we don't really know, that's all. And that's normal since we've never had this experience.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 11/04/22, 17:41

ABC2019 wrote:And that's normal since we've never had this experience.

I don't even know why we're talking about all this? : Mrgreen:
Move along, nothing to see ! : Lol:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 11/04/22, 19:43

humus wrote:...
That's why I don't waste my time answering you directly and prefer to use people more knowledgeable than me who have already answered many and many times.

If it is wise to rely on the great scholars when you do not master a field well, on the other hand you must still know a minimum of them to know among them, on whom to rely. They are not necessarily those pointed out by the media, such as the great scholars of the IPCC.
Knowing how to choose one's intellectual elites seems to me a very poorly practiced sport, not to mention the fact that the "intellectual elites" often no longer have the rigor or honesty that goes with intellectuality.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 12/04/22, 08:21

Exnihiloest wrote:

If it is wise to rely on the great scholars when you do not master a field well, on the other hand you must still know a minimum of them to know among them, on whom to rely. They are not necessarily those pointed out by the media, such as the great scholars of the IPCC.
Knowing how to choose one's intellectual elites seems to me a very poorly practiced sport, not to mention the fact that the "intellectual elites" often no longer have the rigor or honesty that goes with intellectuality.

It is with great pleasure that I would read or listen to serious authors demonstrating that infinite growth is not a problem in a finite world.
"Space ?" of course, but you still have to have the energy means to go back and forth as you go on a weekend in Deauville (for a Parisian).
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 12/04/22, 19:14

It is with great pleasure that I would read or listen to serious authors demonstrating that infinite growth is not a problem in a finite world.

It absolutely does not have to be demonstrated, any more than to demonstrate that stopping growth obviously also poses problems, and probably much more.
Let people live, and accept their choices.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/04/22, 02:47

Scenario 1: “landmark”

This scenario is based on the continuation of the current operation, without technical evolution or policy out of the ordinary...
during these 20 years, we consume as many resources as during the entire previous century. More and more capital is needed to find, extract and process non-renewable resources, and there is not enough left over for large agricultural production and continued industrial growth, or even to offset the depreciation of industrial capital14. The industrial decline causes that of the tertiary and primary sectors, which depend on it.
The population peaks around 2030, at which time the lack of food and health services leads to an increase in the death rate.

Scenario 2: More abundant non-renewable resources

In this scenario, twice as many resources remain to be discovered in the ground as in the previous one. Compared to scenario 1, the pollution peak is reached 50 years later, and is 5 times higher. Added to this is a degraded functioning of the assimilation processes; at the time of the peak, around 2090, the lifetime of pollutants in the environment is three times longer than in 2000.

Yields and food production plummet after 2030, despite more capital being allocated to agriculture, which also leads to the decline of the industrial sector.

This scenario describes a global pollution crisis.

Thus, even with resources twice as abundant, our system is threatened with collapse. Could technology be the solution? This is what the following four scenarios explore.
https://construireunautremondenousestpo ... onde-fini/

I stop there, there are 9 scenarios.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 03/05/22, 08:38

All our scenarios show that growth stops between 2020 and 2060 - Dennis Meadows
1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 03/05/22, 19:10

humus wrote:All our scenarios show that growth stops between 2020 and 2060 - Dennis Meadows

What a joke.
Are they also from the IPCC?
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 04/05/22, 08:07

The lady answers you, 3 D rule: deny, delay, deflect
you are on the first.
0 x