Understanding the covid test (serological, pcr, antigenic) of Sars-Cov2 (and its variants)

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Understanding the covid test (serological, pcr, antigenic) of Sars-Cov2 (and its variants) j

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/08/21, 18:14

Obamot wrote:And no need for an expensive hardware store behind, strongly that it comes to France!

It will never be approved ... too much "shortfall" for the people and shortfall for pharmacists and labs!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Understanding the covid test (serological, pcr, antigenic) of Sars-Cov2 (and its variants)

by Obamot » 02/08/21, 18:22

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Obamot wrote: I had given a figure to the ladle, 85,5 million antigenic tests and RT-PCR were validated between March 1, 2020 and May 16, 2021, I just found it at the moment https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/socie ... 51212.html that's a little less than a million PCR tests per day,

To count and you, that makes two ... As well as to realize an order of magnitude obviously aberrant.
Here is a constructive criticism!

Apologies, Error I was indeed wrong, because I had in mind the 700 tests that Véran would like to do ... per ... week. On the other hand, the figures for the whole world are a minimum correct (but do not quantify the total cost when a person has done several tests)

So the million tests per day are more for the whole world, what numbers do you have?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Understanding the covid test (serological, pcr, antigenic) of Sars-Cov2 (and its variants)

by sicetaitsimple » 02/08/21, 18:51

Obamot wrote:Apologies, Error I was indeed wrong, because I had in mind the 700 tests that Véran would like to do ... per ... week. On the other hand, the figures for the whole world are a minimum correct (but do not quantify the total cost when a person has done several tests)

So the million tests per day are more for the whole world, what numbers do you have?

No idea, why?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/08/21, 19:14

Because we hear everything and its opposite, so if you have sources, you have to balance ...

You spoke well ”order of magnitude”... This is what I'm trying to establish, asks Remundo. There are not easy to establish!

The 700 tests / day I was referring to, well we get there anyway ...
Like what you're quick to misjudge me, I don't always have all the parameters in mind when I put forward a number!
Although for this time I thank you, it allows me to better dig and rectify the mistake.

Since with the arrival of the sanitary pass, the number of PCR tests / day has jumped.

Between July 19 and 25, 2021, 3,6 million RT-PCR and antigen tests were validated.

Last I heard, last week (Monday to Saturday) it was close to 4 million, so 666 tests per day : Twisted:
So I am "in the nails".
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 03/08/21, 09:09

Obamot wrote:Thank you for the answer. I'm not categorical, eh, it's a few things that I know, but as in every professional world (and medical in particular) I'm not going to teach anyone anything but there are things that only people in the profession know.

How much is a nasopharyngeal rt-PCR test charged to you? There's a pricing right?

For most medical acts performed in hospitals AND clinics, the pricing is fixed. In this case for the PCR test it is 27 € (100 B, at 0,27 € of B for connoisseurs!). With that, it would be necessary to cover everything to be at least in financial equilibrium on this test, the agent cost, the consumables, the depreciation. With our current machine, this is not the case, because the reagent (the consumable) we buy it .... 27 €!

Janic wrote:Are there still companies that work at a loss? Inevitably, other sectors will compensate!

That is to say that it is more or less the principle of public service, especially the public hospital. First, provide the service. If possible, do it financially, then. Which, on this precise point, is not possible for us today with the machine we have (that should change in the coming weeks).
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/08/21, 11:19

Well yes we are there!

27 € the act + 27 € the reagent = 54€

I said € 50 because I was well aware that € 20 was unrealistic ...
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 03/08/21, 12:00

Obamot wrote:Well yes we are there!

27 € the act + 27 € the reagent = 54€

I said € 50 because I was well aware that € 20 was unrealistic ...

No no, we can't count like that!

The € 27 act is what health insurance reimburses / what is billed to the patient (if it is external, in the future, when they will no longer be reimbursed). So that's the turnover, if you will.
Opposite, we have production costs, INCLUDING € 27 of reagent, to which are added the agent time, the depreciation of the machines, etc.

In principle, the tariff is calculated to cover / be slightly higher than the cost of production. But depending on the organization, the machine used, and so on, it will differ depending on the lab.

To give you the order of magnitude, at the present time, on a machine therefore not very designed to do so many PCR tests, our production cost (all included this time) is around 36 €, for one " sale price "of 27 €. Which is catastrophic of course, but in times of crisis, we had to find a machine to do the tests, regardless of whether it was balanced or not. This is partly compensated by the state via other occasional support, the details of which I will pass you.
On our new machine, we should go to 27 or 26 € production cost (all included!)

In short, if what we are trying to calculate is the average cost of PCR "in society", the answer is: we should be able to tend towards 27 €, with the right machines that allow it to be optimized. .
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/08/21, 15:22

You just need to put Coke in place of the reagent, so that “everyone” would be “happy”:

Unfassbar: Cola positiv auf Corona getsestet! (Unbelievable: Cola tested positive for Corona!)

- 1) you would then only have covid-positive tests.
- 2) the reagent (a drop of cola is enough) would cost you peanuts.
- 3) the doctors would be happy because they could price all the “covid” cases
- 4) you would save time by no longer bothering to hesitate between false positives / negatives (everything would be false but whatever)
- 5) the politicians would be happy because they could justify their presence to take measures against liberticidal 2.0.
- 6) the vaccination campaign would finally be justified and could resume more "beautifully" ...
- 7) the “funny ones” could still boast and write: “Gna-gna-gna we told you so”
- 8} and “for the rest of us” continue an endless biased and sterile debate ...

In short, everything would bathe ... basically as in 2020 ...! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 03/08/21, 17:53

Obamot wrote:You just need to put Coke in place of the reagent, so that “everyone” would be “happy”:

Unfassbar: Cola positiv auf Corona getsestet! (Unbelievable: Cola tested positive for Corona!)

- 1) you would then only have covid-positive tests.
- 2) the reagent (a drop of cola is enough) would cost you peanuts.
- 3) the doctors would be happy because they could price all the “covid” cases
- 4) you would save time by no longer bothering to hesitate between false positives / negatives (everything would be false but whatever)
- 5) the politicians would be happy because they could justify their presence to take measures against liberticidal 2.0.
- 6) the vaccination campaign would finally be justified and could resume more "beautifully" ...
- 7) the “funny ones” could still boast and write: “Gna-gna-gna we told you so”
- 8} and “for the rest of us” continue an endless biased and sterile debate ...

In short, everything would bathe ... basically as in 2020 ...! : Mrgreen:

This would be true if we could have the test reading available. In my opinion, what we would read there is that the test was found positive after Y + tests, therefore noted "suspicion, to be completed with a medical opinion".

On the other hand I do not know what goes back in the official data in France: the confirmed positives (
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/08/21, 18:09

well answered! :D nothing personal but it was just to stop talking too much about the PCR test seriously since it is only justified in a hospital environment with medical diagnosis and symptom detection / recording ...!

For "upload the data”... that is the central question of all this health crisis: but “What would be the correct data”? we do not know damn nothing - except drawn from hospital data not being limited to the single test - because based on hospital data with reliable diagnosis, would be the only reasonable and legitimate way to establish a statistic that is credible. But to my knowledge in 2020, it hasn't been done (and hardly even a good part of 2021?). Mass tests only indicate an epidemic outbreak, nothing more, without being able to give its scale scientifically. The PCR test was not intended for that, by the admission of its inventor, Pr Kary Mullis. End of the story : Idea:
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "