TNT reception and 4G (and 5G?) Interferences: possible?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

TNT reception and 4G (and 5G?) Interferences: possible?

by Christophe » 26/08/19, 17:31

This morning, I noticed that my phone in 4G "upload" mode was seriously disturbing an indoor TNT antenna.

At 3 m it makes the image jump and the sound more or less regular, enough to make it very painful to watch ... but when the phone is placed 20 cm antenna.bin is the black or green screen ... not glob!

The GSM network where I was pretty powerful since I uploaded to 2,6 MB / s peak. All with a samsung S8 that has a little over 1 year.

Could someone do the same test (4G in upload mode) and see if it is really an electromagnetic disturbance? (if it is not that: where is this coming from?)
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: TNT reception and interference 4G (and 5G?): Possible?

by Forhorse » 26/08/19, 23:23

The 4G disrupts the TNT, it is far from being new.
We find quite easily filters to be inserted between the antenna and the TV, it's more or less the job (at least at home almost impossible to receive the DTT without filter for a while already)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/08/19, 00:10

Hello,
The pramplis of the internal antennas are true colanders. With a simple rake, you might not have had a problem, especially if it's on the roof. : Mrgreen:

A filter will be inefficient under these conditions, especially since the 4G arrived at about the same time as the TNT, since a portion of the frequencies were recovered on the TV channels released.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/19, 13:48

MMmmmm the question is so complex ...

Is the signal disturbed BEFORE or AFTER the reception by the antenna?

That is to say in its "aerial" phase or its "electric" phase? Your 2 answers are rather quite contradictory ... :?:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/08/19, 15:13

Electronic antenna powered or not?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 27/08/19, 15:22

izentrop wrote:Hello,
The pramplis of the internal antennas are true colanders. With a simple rake, you would not have perhaps no problem, especially if he's on the roof. : Mrgreen:

And beh no. : Mrgreen:
https://telesatmedias.com/risques-dinte ... -et-la-4g/
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/08/19, 15:53

GuyGadebois wrote:
izentrop wrote:Hello,
The pramplis of the internal antennas are true colanders. With a simple rake, you would not have perhaps no problem, especially if he's on the roof. : Mrgreen:

And beh no. : Mrgreen:
https://telesatmedias.com/risques-dinte ... -et-la-4g/
It is rather rare with a roof antenna, the power is low and you have to have a transmitter in the direction of the antenna and at a very close distance, or a broadband preamp. As the jamming is permanent, the offender is quickly detected and solved for free for the scrambled.

But in fact, as in Belgium the 4G is usually in the band 800 Mhz, it also passes through the internal antennas without preamp. Antennas are already selective (LTE) from 2012.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/19, 16:12

izentrop wrote:As the jamming is permanent, the offender is quickly detected and solved for free for the scrambled.

Really? And how? By cutting the relay 4G? Or using another type of antenna?

izentrop wrote:But in fact, as in Belgium the 4G is usually in the band 800 Mhz, it also passes through the internal antennas without preamp.

I found this in France with an indoor antenna a black tray 25x25 about (brand and unknown type I will ask, it's like the photo below) ... I do not even know if the TNT exists in Belgium (Cable TV has been deployed almost everywhere for years! Good is not the debate ...)

antenna TNT.jpg
antenna TNT.jpg (12.71 KIO) Accessed 6166 times

The link quoted by Guy contradicts my finding:

Who can be concerned?

If you receive TNT through a radio rake antenna placed on your roof, you may be affected by interference between TNT and 4G. Viewers receiving television by an alternative mode to the rake antenna are not concerned.

What I noticed is quite the opposite: immense disturbance (blocking) on ​​an internal antenna ... but with a telephone "in intensive use" not far away ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/08/19, 18:28

Your antenna is fading, but even with a built-in 4G filter, the 800 Mhz band is so close to the TNT frequencies that no filter can avoid such a close broadcast. Better would be an unamplified antenna oriented on a transmitter not too far away, attached to the outside (balcony).
By entering your address here, you can know his position https://www.tnttest.org/ There is still the address of my old box closed since 2013, despite my request for withdrawal.
Christophe wrote:izentrop wrote:
As the jamming is permanent, the offender is quickly detected and solved for free for the scrambled.
Really? And how? By cutting the relay 4G? Or using another type of antenna?
Often by renovating an old multi-antenna and wideband preamp installation, with a single well oriented antenna (LTE) and a new cable. : Wink:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 28/08/19, 11:04

Christophe wrote:
Who can be concerned?

If you receive TNT through a radio rake antenna placed on your roof, you may be affected by interference between TNT and 4G. Viewers receiving television by an alternative mode to the rake antenna are not concerned.

What I noticed is quite the opposite: immense disturbance (blocking) on ​​an internal antenna ... but with a telephone "in intensive use" not far away ...

The article clearly evokes the case of the rake antenna disturbed by the transmitter of the relay.
This could happen with an indoor antenna (even if it is not rake-shaped : Wink: ).

In your case, the reception is disturbed by the transmitter of the phone (much less powerful than the relay, but much closer to the indoor antenna).

The simplest solution (and the least expensive) is it not to move the phone away from the indoor antenna?
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "